Free Orlando Magic Jersey with AP Renewal

This is an odd deal.

Disney has teamed up with the Orlando Magic NBA team to offer a free Orlando Magic jersey to anyone buying or renewing an Annual Pass:

Purchase or Renew a Qualifying
Walt Disney World Annual Pass at the Amway Center and Get a Free Jersey

Here’s the play-by-play...

• To purchase, visit one of the Disney Ticket Center’s located within the main Amway Center Team Shop on the Event Level or behind Section 109 on the Terrace Level (Game night’s only)
  • Select your Blue or White Swingman Jersey
  • Make it your own (Optional) – customization is $19.95 + taxes (or prevailing rate)
  • Redeem at the Team Shop on the Event Level or the Team Shop behind Section 117 on the Terrace Level (Game night’s only)

More details and a bunch of frequently asked questions can be found on the Orlando Magic's website: http://www.nba.com/magic/annualpass

I can't recall any offer like this ever being made in the past.

TCD

24 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

This is an odd deal.

Disney has teamed up with the Orlando Magic NBA team to offer a free Orlando Magic jersey to anyone buying or renewing an Annual Pass:

Purchase or Renew a Qualifying
Walt Disney World Annual Pass at the Amway Center and Get a Free Jersey

Here’s the play-by-play...

• To purchase, visit one of the Disney Ticket Center’s located within the main Amway Center Team Shop on the Event Level or behind Section 109 on the Terrace Level (Game night’s only)
  • Select your Blue or White Swingman Jersey
  • Make it your own (Optional) – customization is $19.95 + taxes (or prevailing rate)
  • Redeem at the Team Shop on the Event Level or the Team Shop behind Section 117 on the Terrace Level (Game night’s only)

More details and a bunch of frequently asked questions can be found on the Orlando Magic's website: http://www.nba.com/magic/annualpass

I can't recall any offer like this ever being made in the past.

TCD

Some FAQs

If I renew my pass online or at Disney, am I eligible to receive the offer?

1. No, to qualify you must purchase or renew your qualifying annual pass at the Disney Ticket Centers within Amway Center to receive the jersey.

Do I need to pay for my pass in full?

1. You have two payment options for the purchase or renewal of Qualified Annual Passes. Florida Residents may elect monthly payments or to pay in full. Monthly payment option requires an initial payment of $114 per pass followed by 12 equal monthly payments. A credit card is required for the monthly payment option. Interesting, a renewal online or at WDW doesn't require a down payment again.  Wonder if that is just for an initial purchase?

When is the offer available?

1. October 2, 2017 – October 1, 2018, or until promotional quantities run out.
Just now, Tri-Circle-D said:

There you go, there's no such thing as a free jersey.

I think that was just written poorly. 

TCD

That's what I'm thinking, just not the full set of options.

But it's odd that you have to go to the Amway center to get them.

I guess they are starting the tie in to the NBA early to get people used to the replacement for Disney Quest.

55 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Interesting, a renewal online or at WDW doesn't require a down payment again.  Wonder if that is just for an initial purchase?

I suspect the down payment is to cover the cost if the jersey to prevent people from showing up to get the jersey then cancelling.

28 minutes ago, Travisma said:

That's what I'm thinking, just not the full set of options.

But it's odd that you have to go to the Amway center to get them.

I guess they are starting the tie in to the NBA early to get people used to the replacement for Disney Quest.

I noticed a Disney logo on the Magic jersey.  I never saw that before.

I apparently missed the announcement back in June that Disney agreed to pay to sponsor the Magic's jerseys:

Disney becomes Magic jersey sponsor

The Orlando Magic and Walt Disney World have reached an agreement to have the Disney logo appear on Magic players’ game jerseys.

As part of the NBA’s pilot program testing ads on jerseys, the Disney name will appear on a rectangular patch on the front upper-left area of Magic jerseys beginning with the 2017-18 NBA season.

“We’re incredibly pleased that we’re able to find this opportunity with the most iconic brand in our community but also a multi-national brand,” Magic CEO Alex Martins told the Orlando Sentinel.

“This is an opportunity for us to partner with a local giant that we can expand our international reach with. And, conversely, as we travel around the league and our games are broadcast around the world and ultimately as we travel around the world in future international trips, we can help further expose the Disney brand as tied to the NBA and, specifically, to Disney’s hometown team. So the outcome could not have been any better. This is the perfect match for both of us in terms of branding on an NBA uniform.”

The agreement is for three years, Martins said — the length of the NBA’s three-year test period for ads on game jerseys. Martins said the contract between Disney and the Magic includes renewal provisions if the league continues the program after the 2019-20 season.

NBA jersey sponsor ads

NBA teams can have sponsors ads on their jerseys this season. Here's a look at the jersey sponsors.

(Roger Simmons)

The Magic are the eighth NBA team to announce a jersey sponsorship.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-sp-disney-magic-jersey-sponsor-0621-story.html

I think you're right about Disney wanting to get in on this in advance of the NBA Experience thing that's replacing Disney Quest.

TCD

1 minute ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I noticed a Disney logo on the Magic jersey.  I never saw that before.

I apparently missed the announcement back in June that Disney agreed to pay to sponsor the Magic's jerseys:

Disney becomes Magic jersey sponsor

The Orlando Magic and Walt Disney World have reached an agreement to have the Disney logo appear on Magic players’ game jerseys.

As part of the NBA’s pilot program testing ads on jerseys, the Disney name will appear on a rectangular patch on the front upper-left area of Magic jerseys beginning with the 2017-18 NBA season.

“We’re incredibly pleased that we’re able to find this opportunity with the most iconic brand in our community but also a multi-national brand,” Magic CEO Alex Martins told the Orlando Sentinel.

“This is an opportunity for us to partner with a local giant that we can expand our international reach with. And, conversely, as we travel around the league and our games are broadcast around the world and ultimately as we travel around the world in future international trips, we can help further expose the Disney brand as tied to the NBA and, specifically, to Disney’s hometown team. So the outcome could not have been any better. This is the perfect match for both of us in terms of branding on an NBA uniform.”

The agreement is for three years, Martins said — the length of the NBA’s three-year test period for ads on game jerseys. Martins said the contract between Disney and the Magic includes renewal provisions if the league continues the program after the 2019-20 season.

NBA jersey sponsor ads

NBA teams can have sponsors ads on their jerseys this season. Here's a look at the jersey sponsors.

(Roger Simmons)

The Magic are the eighth NBA team to announce a jersey sponsorship.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-sp-disney-magic-jersey-sponsor-0621-story.html

I think you're right about Disney wanting to get in on this in advance of the NBA Experience thing that's replacing Disney Quest.

TCD

I wonder if the jerseys will look like a NASCAR car with all the sponsors listed? 

8 minutes ago, Travisma said:

I wonder if the jerseys will look like a NASCAR car with all the sponsors listed? 

Not yet.

If you follow the link to the article, there is a photo gallery showing the teams with new jersey sponsors.  It looks like they can just have one sponsor, and the sponsor is limited to a small patch on the jersey.

TCD

35 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Not yet.

If you follow the link to the article, there is a photo gallery showing the teams with new jersey sponsors.  It looks like they can just have one sponsor, and the sponsor is limited to a small patch on the jersey.

TCD

I tried to find pictures in the link and nothing showed up.  I'll have to look at home.