22 minutes ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

Wow... happy for her, but you're right. It won't be the same. They need a proper send off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a thought. Maybe the Fort Fiend‘s can do something for her.

A letter of recognition/ appreciation?

A plaque?

make her an honorary Fiend?

some FF.net swag?

A nice card and a gift card?

A gold plated hula hoop? LOL

I would be more than happy to make a donation for the cause. 

I don't know, maybe she is getting second thoughts.  I talked to her this morning at breakfast and she said it will be within the next 3 years, but she hasn't decided yet when and when she decides the date, she will announce it, but she said it needs to come from her.

21 minutes ago, ftwildernessguy said:

I don't know, maybe she is getting second thoughts.  I talked to her this morning at breakfast and she said it will be within the next 3 years, but she hasn't decided yet when and when she decides the date, she will announce it, but she said it needs to come from her.

God bless her.  I think Ms. Josie has mentioned that she's thinking about retiring every time I've spoken to her, going back for as long as I've known her.

TCD

30 minutes ago, Mamma_Eagle said:

I feel out of the loop as I don't know who this lady is that you all love so much.  Where is she ?  How do I meet her ?  When will she be leaving ?

She's a hostess at Trails End and works weekdays, usually breakfast and lunch.

22 hours ago, Mamma_Eagle said:

I feel out of the loop as I don't know who this lady is that you all love so much.  Where is she ?  How do I meet her ?  When will she be leaving ?

It's not just Fiends who consider Josephine to be a legend.

Disney itself recognized Josephine, and another long time Trail's End Castmember, Paulette, by naming the Trail's End takeout operation after them:

http://www.mousesteps.com/denises-corner-mainmenu-121/1771-trail-s-end-to-go-at-disney-s-fort-wilderness-campround-becomes-p-j-s-southern-takeout-to-honor-longtime-cast-members-menu-expands

Josephine is the "J" in P & J's Southern Take Out.

She literally is a living legend, and both she and Paulette will brighten your day if you stop and say hello.

TCD

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

We've seen Ms. Josie several times over the past few days, and she told me she wants me to put out a message on the internet.... She is NOT retiring next year.

And she told me a few weeks ago that she IS retiring next year, Lord willing.

7 minutes ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

Ha ha! She made a big deal of me saying she isn't.

Maybe she changed her mind ?!?

I also found out that there's at least one TE employee (another hostess, not Paulette) who has a great deal of animosity toward Josephine.  She said some very derogatory things about her to our group.  Very unprofessional.  I was shocked.

18 hours ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

I also found out that there's at least one TE employee (another hostess, not Paulette) who has a great deal of animosity toward Josephine.  She said some very derogatory things about her to our group.  Very unprofessional.  I was shocked.

Yes, they've had some people leave and some of the new people just aren't the same.  A couple of weeks ago, I experienced a hostess who was similar to what you described.  I asked if Ken was available and the look she gave me could have killed.  Josephine seated us at a table with Ken as the server.  

Maybe. That's really a shame about that hostess. Not cool at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk