We did Magic Behind the Steam at the MK, if your into trains it is a great tour and depending on who you get as a tour some are better and go into more detail. A friend did the dive at EPCOT and enjoyed so much he has done it twice, used to be the fee went to wildlife preservation not sure if that is still the way. Also did Behind the Seeds at EPCOT, not big into plants went with the wife but parts were interesting.

3 hours ago, dblr....Rennie said:

We did Magic Behind the Steam at the MK, if your into trains it is a great tour and depending on who you get as a tour some are better and go into more detail. A friend did the dive at EPCOT and enjoyed so much he has done it twice, used to be the fee went to wildlife preservation not sure if that is still the way. Also did Behind the Seeds at EPCOT, not big into plants went with the wife but parts were interesting.

I’ve always wanted to do dive quest at Epcot.  But the $179 price has always held me back.  I think I just need to pull the trigger and do it one day. 

42 minutes ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

The keys tour sounds good, but I see it is for adults only. I want to take my tween girls on it too. The train tour sounds interesting. 

I think the train tour is a lot of talking, might get boring for tweens.

behind the seeds is fun and affordable by Disney standards. I'd like to do the one at AK where you cross the rope bridge things but haven't gotten around to it yet.

On 10/21/2017 at 7:49 AM, h2odivers...Ray said:

I’ve always wanted to do dive quest at Epcot.  But the $179 price has always held me back.  I think I just need to pull the trigger and do it one day. 

Wow, the price has not gone up exponentially on that one. We bought that for my son for his graduation in 2004 and it was $140 then. He had a BLAST. While he  hasn't done many dives at all, and only one since DiveQuest, he said on his natural water dives, didn't see near the amount of fish as he did at DiveQuest.

We've done a number of the tours over the years as our "special" treat.  We prefer them to the various "parties" since they are so much more interesting and infromative.

We've done the Keys to the Kingdom at MK - it was very good - the guide was excellent.

Did the Beheind the Seeds tour at Epcot - enjoyed it very much - fascinating to see the technolgies they are using.

Did a tour once during Garden Festival that took us through all of Epcot very early in the morning to see all the planning and planting that went into the Festival and how they designed everything and watered etc.  That was amazing if you've always wanted to know what goes into it -  and so much fun to be in the World Showcase without anyone else.

Have done Dive Epoct three times and it is always a real pleasure.  So much fun to peak into the restaurant windows.  And if you're a diver it's probably one of the easiest dives you'll ever do.

Also did the Back Tour (forget what they actually call it) at Animal Kingdom.  It was an entire day and included lunch looking out across the Africa Savanah.  It was very good, DH especially liked the part walking across the swinging bridges.

Althought the tours are expensive we get the DVC discount so that helps - but they really are interesting and if it's a smaller group you get to ask a lot of the questions that always make us curious.

We've never been disappointed in the tours and only had on that was a bit "off" but that was because one of the guests was really obnoxious with the guide and seemed to be trying to get a date with her asking a lot of questions and personal information about her.  Everyone else just worked to kind of freeze him into the back row so he eventually shut up.

Haven't really ever had one that was boring so we really recommend them.

We have done the Wild Africa Trek three times (my DS actually put his hand down on a wasp crossing the rope bridge once) and absolutely loved it.  We also really enjoy Behind the Seeds and Keys to the Kingdom.  DiveQuest is also wonderful - my son was eleven years old when he did it the first time.  

The train tour is excellent.  We really enjoyed it.  We've done the Wild Africa Trek and liked that one a lot too.  The Marceline to Main Street tour is great, and is a shortened version of the Keys to the Kingdom tour.  It does not take you down to the tunnels, but you get to go down to the ballroom at Haunted Mansion, and get ride Haunted Mansion, Small World and Carousel of Progress getting a lot of interesting info and history.  There is a lot more to it then just that.  It lasts about 4 hours.  They were all very well done.

We did the Behind the Seeds, fun and interesting.

Do you need to be a certified diver for the Dive Epcot?  I thought in the past you had to be.

If you want to have a fun dive experience (snorkeling) check out SeaWorlds Discovery Cove.

The Day Resort Packages at Discovery Cove are all-inclusive. Therefore, admission includes the use of lockers, wetsuit, towels and mask during your stay, free parking at Discovery Cove, shower amenities, souvenir snorkel, breakfast, lunch, drinks and snacks, access to the Explorer's AviaryThe Grand Reef®, Freshwater Oasis®, Serenity Bay, Wind-away River, along with a 14-consecutive day pass to SeaWorld® and Aquatica, SeaWorld's Waterpark™ in Orlando. 

You can add the swim with the Dolphin package.

You have to make reservations and the limit the amount of people allowed in each day.

On 10/21/2017 at 12:57 PM, Beckers said:

behind the seeds is fun and affordable by Disney standards. I'd like to do the one at AK where you cross the rope bridge things but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Same here X2!

Loved Behind the Seeds, I may even do it again this year.  

And the AK tour is high up on my "when I can squeeze it into the budget" list.

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

We did the Behind the Seeds, fun and interesting.

Do you need to be a certified diver for the Dive Epcot?  I thought in the past you had to be.

If you want to have a fun dive experience (snorkeling) check out SeaWorlds Discovery Cove.

The Day Resort Packages at Discovery Cove are all-inclusive. Therefore, admission includes the use of lockers, wetsuit, towels and mask during your stay, free parking at Discovery Cove, shower amenities, souvenir snorkel, breakfast, lunch, drinks and snacks, access to the Explorer's AviaryThe Grand Reef®, Freshwater Oasis®, Serenity Bay, Wind-away River, along with a 14-consecutive day pass to SeaWorld® and Aquatica, SeaWorld's Waterpark™ in Orlando. 

You can add the swim with the Dolphin package.

You have to make reservations and the limit the amount of people allowed in each day.

Yes, you have to be certified SCUBA to do Dive Quest, but there is also a Dolphins in Depth tour that you get to get into the water, but don't need SCUBA.

Funny story about my son's Dive Quest experience. The whole trip was a surprise for his high school graduation. About a month before the trip his wallet went missing and had his dive card in it. As we were going around replacing his license and debit card, I had to casually ask what he needed to do to get his dive card replaced. (I had no idea, he took the course and certification from a former girlfriend's dad) He had since broken up with that girlfriend and that was his only way to go diving, so he wasn't too interested in replacing it. I didn't want to spoil the surprise, so I just let it drop after a couple of inquiries thinking I would eat the cost on the Dive Quest.  Fortunately, about a week before the trip his "empty" wallet showed back up. His cash and debit card were gone, but his driver's license and Dive Card were still in there!!!!!

Thank goodness, crisis and surprise averted!!