60 Day FP+ for offsite hotels

Not sure how trustworthy this site is ( I keep getting phony popups on my phone that it's infected), but if the story is true, it's a game changer!

Nothing popped up on my pc while looking at the page, so it might be FB related to that site.

This is the entire story, so you don't have to click the link, but I wanted to give the site credit.

WALT DISNEY WORLD REPORTEDLY EXTENDING 60-DAY FASTPASS+ WINDOW TO SELECT OFF-PROPERTY HOTELS

https://www.inquisitr.com/4572243/walt-disney-world-reportedly-extending-60-day-fastpass-window-to-select-off-property-hotels/

There are many perks of staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel on property, and one of them may soon branch out to include a few others. For those who stay at hotels on Disney property, they have the advantage of making FastPass+ reservations 60 days in advance as opposed to everyone else who must make them at 30 days out. Now, Disney is reportedly going to offer that 60-day window to select off property hotels before the end of the year.

For years now, guests staying at any and all resort hotels on Walt Disney World property have had the ability to make FastPass+ reservations 60 days out. This perk has even branched out to the Swan and Dolphin which are on property but aren’t technically Disney resorts since they are owned by Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

According to a report from WDWNT, select non-Disney hotels will also receive this perk before the end of 2017.

While Disney won’t be branching out a lot, they will head onto Hotel Plaza Boulevard and the Good Neighbor hotels close to Disney Springs. These hotels are not Disney-owned or on Disney property, but they do work closely with the company and have even had character dining before.

An exact list of which hotels will join the 60-day FastPass+ window is not finalized or known yet, but that is simply due to Disney not saying anything official as of this time. For now, Disney has yet to release any information regarding this change but is expected to do so soon.

Nothing will change in regard to how FastPass+ reservations are done, as they will still be acquired on the My Disney Experience website or app. The only thing that would likely be altered is for Good Neighbor hotels to have a reservation number recognized by the site/app that will be able to be entered and give guests the 60-day access.

Many guests have wanted this perk added to non-Disney hotels for some time in order to save money. Anyone not staying at a WDW Resort hotel, or one of the Good Neighbor hotels in the future, will still be limited to the 30-day FastPass+ window.

Walt Disney World is always looking for new ways to accommodate their guests and the needs of those visiting their parks. This change to the 60-day FastPass+ booking window to include Good Neighbor hotels off property is something that many have wanted for a long time, but it always eluded them. The official word still needs to come from Disney, but it does appear as if Hotel Plaza Blvd. may see a rise in bookings soon.

If this pans out hopefully it will reduce the people booking throwaway sites at the fort to get fast passes. No mention of which hotels or when. I'm keeping an eye on this as I have a hotel booked off-site for New Years. Would be nice if this started in the next month and included the hotel I have booked although given they will have to make a change to MDE to take reservation numbers from other hotels I doubt it.

Then again getting a site at the Fort would be my preference but that isn't likely either.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I believe it.

Some of those hotels used to offer guests EMH access.  Maybe some still do- I don't know. But, I seem to remember that the last one stopped.

Why?

$.

Those hotels paid Disney so they could offer that perk to their guests.  Disney probably kept on jacking up the price, so one by one, those hotels dropped out of that program.

I'm sure it's the same deal here.  Whatever hotels wants to pay the price can offer this perk to their guests.

That money goes straight to Disney's bottom line.

The only people affected by it are Disney's Resort guests who now have more competition for those FP+'s.  But, we know that Disney will put profits over guest experience every time.

TCD

7 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I believe it.

Some of those hotels used to offer guests EMH access.  Maybe some still do- I don't know. But, I seem to remember that the last one stopped.

Why?

$.

Those hotels paid Disney so they could offer that perk to their guests.  Disney probably kept on jacking up the price, so one by one, those hotels dropped out of that program.

I'm sure it's the same deal here.  Whatever hotels wants to pay the price can offer this perk to their guests.

That money goes straight to Disney's bottom line.

The only people affected by it are Disney's Resort guests who now have more competition for those FP+'s.  But, we know that Disney will put profits over guest experience every time.

TCD

But you're missing the BIG picture !

If Disney allows this to happen, then they can offer on site guests Fast Pass ++ (at an additional price of course)!

8 minutes ago, Beckers said:

Ugh I bet you are so correct on this.

When I was out at Disneyland last month and saw what they're doing with MaxPass out there, it certainly occurred to me that WDW must be looking at this.

It costs $10 per day per ticket to use MaxPass there.  AP holders can add it to their passes for a fee.

Regular slobs can use the regular paper FP system, but the best FP's get skimmed by the MaxPass holders.

Just think how much money WDW could make with this.

TCD

4 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

When I was out at Disneyland last month and saw what they're doing with MaxPass out there, it certainly occurred to me that WDW must be looking at this.

It costs $10 per day per ticket to use MaxPass there.  AP holders can add it to their passes for a fee.

Regular slobs can use the regular paper FP system, but the best FP's get skimmed by the MaxPass holders.

Just think how much money WDW could make with this.

TCD

Busch Gardens and SeaWorld have always charged for their Quick Queue tickets

And Universal has front of the line for some of its resort guests, and a paid option for the regular folks and guests staying in the cheap hotels (at least they used to).
TCD
Yep, I know people that book the more expensive Universal hotels because it works out cheaper than buying express passes for two days.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, Travisma said:

Not sure how trustworthy this site is ( I keep getting phony popups on my phone that it's infected), but if the story is true, it's a game changer!

I'm seeing the same story popping up a few other usually-reliable places too.  The Inquisitr site always seems a  little shady to me (no idea why exactly) but in my experience they tend to be pretty accurate.

28 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

I'm seeing the same story popping up a few other usually-reliable places too.  The Inquisitr site always seems a  little shady to me (no idea why exactly) but in my experience they tend to be pretty accurate.

Maybe because the forgot some of the vowels in their name...:lol:

21 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Maybe because the forgot some of the vowels in their name...:lol:

Sketchy spelling/grammar always makes me suspicious - LOL

They're an interesting site and occasionally scoop everyone else.  They're the ones that first reported the person that went overboard off the DCL ship a while back, and for the longest time they were the only ones reporting the story at all.