Got there early and stayed late

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Day 2 (October 12) started much like day one.  Birthday boy was up around 5am, again asking about The Small World.. So instead of fighting to get him back to sleep we started to slowly get moving

Day 3 Epcot with Grandma, and Niece. Right off the bat, Grandma and Niece who were staying at the Contemp didn't transfer to the Epcot monorail and were lost in to the resort monorail for 20 minu

14 hours ago, kadancer said:

The picture in the splash zone at the pool is adorable.  We rode on many monorails this summer with poorly functioning AC.  Small World is my standard for "I have arrived in Disney," so I fully understand your little guys anticipation. Thanks for sharing.

11 hours ago, caveat lector said:

Awesome job on the trip report.  I always thought it was just my kids that said "I have to go and it's urgent." Sure, it's 1 am in the middle of southern Georgia and I'm hauling 35 ft of trailer.  I bet it will be easy to find an open, safe , available bathroom....ugh.  your report takes me back.

10 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I'm in!

This report takes me back- it really is a different experience touring WDW with a pre-K child.

So, you're the one responsible when the AC doesn't work in the monorails?  I wish you would stop that- it's nasty to be packed in to a monorail car without adequate ventilation.

TCD

I was really lucky, our train car was not very full and it was the beginning of the day so BO was at a minimum.

9 hours ago, Beckers said:

I'm in! Glad you got the pictures working! Your son is adorable and for Pete's sake take that kid to Small World ??

Trust me, by the end of the trip report you will have seen enough of small world....

8 hours ago, Helmsey......Todd said:

Great pics! Looks like the little man loved seeing the characters.

He really did take to them well, as you will see in the next few days.  When we went when he was about 1 1/2 he hated all of them but Pooh.

7 hours ago, Robin said:

My son also does not hate Beverly. Great report thanks for sharing your son is super cute!

Beverly is just not pleasant. 

Day 4 (Oct 14), and off the the Magic Kingdom we go!

Once again up bright and early around 6:30, Every one showered, and to Trails End for some breakfast!!

Once at the dock we were inline for that 8:30 boat that arrived promptly at 8:45 and we were off to the MK and Everyone was excited, even if some of us are trying to play it cool

ZQE6mhs.jpg

Grandma and company were delayed once again, I was notified they were running late by a text that came 15 minutes after our appointed meeting time at the entrance to MK..  We made great use of the time to get some pictures, WITH MAGIC!

bkivuLj.jpg

jeO4yG8.jpg

Once Grandma and company got through security and through the mickey buttons (this is always a problem for my mom) were headed down main street for coffee.  I questioned why we needed to stop for coffee after arriving 30 minutes late, but was quickly and "politely" we will wait in the line for coffee.  And so we did.

But after coffee everyone was excited so we got a great family photo by the castle, too bad it was bright and sunny (10:30ish) so some of use squinted a bit.

NF8KN5r.jpg

After that we had an 11:15 FP for small world, and come hell or very hight water I was making that FP..  As you can guess we got to the fast pass entrance, the boy used his "mickey button, my mickey button, and mommy's mickey button to get us checked in and down the ramp we went.  Just in time to see the Small World Clock hit 11:30! Its like i planned it or something.

Never the less, with in moments we were on the boat doing the wave, YMCA and other commands from those sitting in Village Haus with the others in our boat looking very bafulled. 

8YRnM9q.jpg

Our next FS was haunted mansion, so we left the stroller in the Small World Parking lot and scooted over and got our ghost on.  Cody made sure Mommy and Daddy knew where each ghost was by pointing and loudly shouting "Look a Ghost Daddy!", I didn't count but I'm pretty sure he did it around 999 times....

So now we had two attractions behind us, and it was def time to eat, I have no idea where we ate, but I'm sure it was good or at least good for Disney Quick service..

After lunch the boy dozed off to sleep so Grandma kept and eye on him as Mommy Daddy, and niece headed for Big Thunder Mt, it was only a 15 minute wait.  It was Mommy's first trip down the mountain and she love it.  Grandma was sitting in the shade near County Bear so you guess it, time for some Singing Bears!!

AlizRXz.jpg

H7wDU8P.jpg

Let me tell you the boy LOVE IT.  So much so after the show Weldell was out side and he ran up to him hugged him then asked, told him to sing.  We got some Autographs but no pictures :(

Next up was a FP for pirates.  As we made our way over we had to make a quick trip to Aloha Isle, I heard rummer of this treat called a Dollwhip or something.. Anyway it was my wifes first ever dollwhip, she was less than overjoyed with the experience, I quickly contacted my lawyer who advised me that Lack of enthusiasm for a dollwhip was not grounds for divorce.  I may seek a 2nd opinion.

Anyway on to Pirates,  fairly uneventful, the camera was not working, so no pictures of me doings something amazing, with great hair and a killer smile.  After the ride the boy was singing Ho Ho, Ho Ho a pirates life for me.. Not Yo Ho... I found it amusing. 

After that I was spent, it was in the neighborhood of 62,000 degrees and again over 100% humidity.  So back to the camper for a little down time and digging in the sand.  

Dinner was again at Trails End them off to visit with Chip and Dale for some evening fun in our PJs.

YKC4ISO.jpg

9bTHv99.jpg

Day 5, A day of rest

7 hours ago, momof3kids-Yvonne said:

Your wife's first ever Dole Whip? Well now that she has had one, she needs to try one with rum in it. You should send her to WWW (otherwise known as Wild Womenz Weekend ) so she can do that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

For us the orange dole whip was a must do.  Not so crazy about the pineapple either and miss the orange dreadfully. 

Dude, you appear to have nailed the new picture posting process. Excellent work.  Your first pic is what I consider to be a gem of the Fort experience.  You wait on a dock, before boarding a boat, which drops you off at the MK front door. It is a great way to start any day.

Note: tardiness drives me crazy. With cell phones more ubiquitous than public restrooms, there's no reason to leave someone hanging. You handled it with great restraint.

2 hours ago, kadancer said:

For us the orange dole whip was a must do.  Not so crazy about the pineapple either and miss the orange dreadfully. 

Orange Dole Whip?

What?

The citrus swirl is still on the menu at the Sunshine Tree Terrace- https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/sunshine-tree-terrace/menus/

I don't recall Orange Dole Whip ever being served at Aloha Isle.

TCD

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Orange Dole Whip?

What?

The citrus swirl is still on the menu at the Sunshine Tree Terrace- https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/sunshine-tree-terrace/menus/

I don't recall Orange Dole Whip ever being served at Aloha Isle.

TCD

Back in the dark ages, that was where you got the Orange Citrus Swirl, with or without ice cream.

I think it was the Orangebird Pavilion, and if I'm not mistaken even had Anita Bryant commercials playing.

11 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Back in the dark ages, that was where you got the Orange Citrus Swirl, with or without ice cream.

I think it was the Orangebird Pavilion, and if I'm not mistaken even had Anita Bryant commercials playing.

Right.  And, they packed up those machines and Orange Bird, and swapped it with the Dole Whip machines in Aloha Island- which used to be the little walk up place on the right as you enter Adventureland.  The two places swapped names, and now Aloha Island is next to the Tiki Room, behind the Magic Carpet ride, and Sunshine Tree Terrace is where Aloha Island was. They serve the citrus swirl there- same as they used to at Sunshine Tree Terrace, and Orange Bird is not over there.  I remember that they used to have chocolate soft serve along with Dole Whip in the original Aloha Island location, but never Orange Dole Whip.

TCD

23 hours ago, Littleolwoman.aka.Kristie said:

When doing trips to WDW rest days are a must.

No kidding!

22 hours ago, momof3kids-Yvonne said:

Your wife's first ever Dole Whip? Well now that she has had one, she needs to try one with rum in it. You should send her to WWW (otherwise known as Wild Womenz Weekend ) so she can do that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

On a later trip to Epcot we did an Dole Whip with Rum ;)

15 hours ago, kadancer said:

Orange...  :huh:

14 hours ago, alexwyattmommy said:

Thank you for writing this up and giving us pictures.

It has been fun tagging along with you all so far.

I've spent a lot of time reading others so I figure time to give back ;)

13 hours ago, caveat lector said:

Dude, you appear to have nailed the new picture posting process. Excellent work.  Your first pic is what I consider to be a gem of the Fort experience.  You wait on a dock, before boarding a boat, which drops you off at the MK front door. It is a great way to start any day.

Note: tardiness drives me crazy. With cell phones more ubiquitous than public restrooms, there's no reason to leave someone hanging. You handled it with great restraint.

My mom, and wife are always doing something on their cell phones, until I call them.  Then they cant seem to find them or hear them ring..  Other than the recent Dole whip incident, its what will cause me to contact my Attorney.  

12 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I love it that your son loves the Country Bears.  That is some quality parenting.  Good job.

TCD

On our first go around ofCountry Bears he spent most of the time waving Hi to Buff, Max and Malvin and turning my head so I could watch them..

8 hours ago, Robin said:

Two years ago we went with my then four year old Nephew his favorite ride was it's a small world we rode it three times in one day!

Only 3 times in one day...

On the Fifth Day, Daddy called for Rest!

So no pictures on this day, but a lot went on.

First, headed over to Contemp for Breakfast with Grandma.  It was their departure day thank God, they will be greatly missed. Breakfast was at Wave, a reservation was made by Grandma for 5 people at 9am, Turns out it was for October 14th, Not October 15th.. They were very accommodating and got us seated with in 15 minutes.  After that snafu tensions were running high, so I did what any man would do and suggest the women foke go to disney springs and I'd stay around and take the boy swimming.  This was meet with great celebration, and a fine breakfast was had by all.

By 10:30 all the women were packed into a Minnie Van and off to Disney Springs (Grandma does not do public transportation).  Cody and I jumped no a boat back to the fort scampered over to the 400 loop and got on our Swimming Costumes (Pepper Pig reference).  We jumped on the first bus headed to the meadows and I setup base camp with towels, toys and snacks.  We were going to have a great guys afternoon swimming.  

We splashed, we swam, we even went into the kid's pool and went down the little water slide.  Then he wanted to go down the Big water slide.  I was only one person, so sending him down and not having someone at the bottom to assist him in the massive current would cause me, and maybe him much trauma. Luckily for me, a life guard that Cody befriended from an early trip to the pool was spending a day off swimming and agreed to take him to the top of the slide and send him down to me to catch.  As he confidently climbed the stairs I watched, he waited patiently in line for his turn.  Next thing I know is see him come marching confidently back down the stairs to the edge of the pool and proclaimed, very loudly, "No way daddy, that loooooooks waaay to dangerous for me"

Around 2pm we packed up our base camp and headed back to the 400 loop.  Cody need a nap, and daddy wanted to get some work done.  We arrived back at the camper got changed and laid down only to have Mommy, with many MANY bags in tow come busting into the camper proclaiming she found the perfect shirt, by the sheer volume of stuff, I believe she found several perfect shirts.  So now nap was out of the question.  Witch was fine since mommy's sister was do in and mommy and cody were going to go to the Airport to pick up Aunt E then they were going to AK lodge for dinner.  I smilled and said "Great Idea" knowing full well that a 3 year old with no sleep who spent most of the day in the pool would be a joy at a fancy table service at 7pm....

Not long after their reservation started I received this photo via txt

HurQtGK.jpg

So mommy got to enjoy her meal while using our sons head as a napkin!

Well at least I got some work done and spent some time riding my back around checking out decorations.

Day 6 Back Again to the MK)

Love all the pictures!  Your wife is such a cutie...does the girl ever take a bad picture? ^_^   And your sweet little man... I miss my kiddos falling asleep on me.  Too fast...

Believe it or not... we have yet to have a Dole Whip.  Not one.  After all these years and all these trips...still haven't done it.  I think I'm afraid that I'll find (yet another) favorite ;)

Loving your TR. great stories and pix. 

I hate late people!!!  

IMHO it shows a lack of respect for the people who are stuck waiting.

when we do disney with family, DW, DD and I tell the rest of the group we are leaving the resort at X time and if they are late to text us when they get to the park.  And we will let them know where we are.

I’m to old and cranky to wait for people anymore.  ?

Looking forward to reading more. 

12 hours ago, Slapwacky said:

11 days, nice!  In

yeah it was a great trip, the hangover from such a trip isn't as great

4 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Love all the pictures!  Your wife is such a cutie...does the girl ever take a bad picture? ^_^   And your sweet little man... I miss my kiddos falling asleep on me.  Too fast...

Believe it or not... we have yet to have a Dole Whip.  Not one.  After all these years and all these trips...still haven't done it.  I think I'm afraid that I'll find (yet another) favorite ;)

I've very selectivity on what pictures i post :)

You need to get a Dole Whip asap.

3 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Loving your TR. great stories and pix. 

I hate late people!!!  

IMHO it shows a lack of respect for the people who are stuck waiting.

when we do disney with family, DW, DD and I tell the rest of the group we are leaving the resort at X time and if they are late to text us when they get to the park.  And we will let them know where we are.

I’m to old and cranky to wait for people anymore.  ?

Looking forward to reading more. 

I spent my youth waiting on my mom, and now my middle age waiting on my wife.  Its something i've come to expect.

2 hours ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

Great TR!

thanks

Day 6 (Half way point)

So with Aunt E now here we had to visit the MK again.  So up early and on the dock for that 8:30 boat that arrived at 8:20 WTF?!?!

Everyone got in the park with no blue Mickey Rings, and, I noticed for the first time my Magic Band not only made fancy noises when scanned but also had some purple mixed in with the green go light!  Fancy

After 2nd coffee, First was at P & J. it was off to Castle Photos

b59heKL.jpg

Then DUMBO!!

IJPfJoi.jpg

Cody didn't want to ride with Aunt E as he had not quite warmed up to her just yet.

Then it was off to some visits with old friends, Last time at disney cody was 1 1/2 and didn't take to well to visits with mickey and the gang but this time he did really well. 

EcNO3zi.jpg

TTcWRna.jpg

So after the visit, we had a FP at 11 for pirates, but it was only 945 or so.  So we strolled over to Small World and what do you know the wait was only 10 minutes.  BOOM 

AnNxfoe.jpg

Again spent the whole ride being told to look this way and that way, and I had to sing the song so be thankful I didn't take video...

After Small World, we wondered on and I noticed Haunted Mansion only had a 5 minute wait (Cant be right).  So we jumped in the line walked right into the first room and direct into the stretching room with about 10 other people.  Bonus.  It all happened so fast I didn't get to snap a single picture, Fail on my part.

It seemed Walt was smiling upon us so we continued to wonder towards Pirates only to find the Tiki Room pre show was wrapping up and very few people were in the que.  Boom into Tiki Room we went for some singing Birds and Plants

cCWctsZ.jpg

Codys favorite part was the singing Totem, guys on the walls playing drums.  Upon release we had to spend quite some time checking out the Totem polls.  He was quite frustrated they didn't say hi to him.

As we exited I went to get the stroller and thought to myself, wow what are the odds of Jungle Cruse being walk on.  So i took a look and saw 65 minute wait.  Guess we will have to wait for our 2pm fp.

On to Pirates as our FP as about 1/2 over.

Raced through the FP que and down to our boat.  I was gifted once again with a seat all alone in the back of the boat. Though I was trying to get the rest of our group ready for the on ride photo and miss the chance to look amazing.

yrGUhfi.jpg

Turns out Cody loved the ride, but not the drop.  

After Pirates we headed to Tortuga Tavern for hot dogs and turkey legs.  While there I did some card SotMK trading with the usual cast of locals that linger there.

Time for a break, as it time to feed the Boy his lunch.  Second half of day 6 will be coming out after his bed time.