I just saw a post on Facebook that the trees between Fort Wilderness and Four Seasons are all being taken out.  The person said you can see the hotel and golf course from the overflow lot.  I know there was construction going on in that buffer area but haven't seen it for a few days.  Anybody hear anything?

One post mentioned that a bus driver said they were expanding the golf village?

Another post said they needed fill dirt for the various construction projects and they were building a new lake where they were removing the dirt.

I think the golf village is more plausible.

And did you know (according to Google Maps) that the back road into the overflow lot is called Golfview Dr?  Maybe Disney had this planned from the beginning!

I noticed this as well and meant to take some pictures... As you exit the back gate adjacent to the overflow lot, they have removed most all of the trees as you look straight ahead and to the left toward the Four Seasons.  You can REALLY see the Four Seasons as well as some building on the golf course.  Maybe it is the club house?.  It looks as if they are installing concrete drainage piping along some sort of right of way, as the line of trees they have cut extend out to Vista Blvd (between the golf course sign and where the old guard shack used to be as you exit the Fort's back driveway.

I am confused by this-ever since the Four Seasons was built, you could see it from the overflow lot.

The purple arrow shows the line of sight:

four%20seasons%20view.1_zpsykiktjlg.jpg

There has been some clearing going on in the areas I circled, but those trees weren't blocking the view of the abomination from the Fort parking lot.  Maybe you can see that butt ugly building from Vista Drive now, but I don't understand how anyone is claiming that the view from the overflow lot has been impacted.

TCD

The trees you have circled are still there...  If you are at the electric gate near the overflow lot, there is a dirt berm that "used" to have some trees along the top... Those trees are now all gone. I'm not up on my purple crayon skills, but if you go from where your circle and straight line meet and move to toward that lake at the top center of the picture, that is location of all the downed trees.  The carnage also goes out toward Vista Blvd.  It sort of follows that what appears to be a cart path.

Here are three pictures that I borrowed from the "I Love Camping at Disney" Facebook page.  Hat tip to Patricia Heil for the pictures.

If you look beyond the backhoe, you can see the building on the golf course that I mentioned yesterday

EynRYM0.jpg

s09P9M6.jpg

yEKj33I.jpg

28 minutes ago, Duane said:

The trees you have circled are still there...  If you are at the electric gate near the overflow lot, there is a dirt berm that "used" to have some trees along the top... Those trees are now all gone. I'm not up on my purple crayon skills, but if you go from where your circle and straight line meet and move to toward that lake at the top center of the picture, that is location of all the downed trees.  The carnage also goes out toward Vista Blvd.  It sort of follows that what appears to be a cart path.

Oh no.  There were some nice trees along there-

Are you talking about this area I've circled in this photo?:

four%20seasons%20view.2_zps4tzmk9hy.jpg

TCD

9 minutes ago, Duane said:

Here are three pictures that I borrowed from the "I Love Camping at Disney" Facebook page.  Hat tip to Patricia Heil for the pictures.

If you look beyond the backhoe, you can see the building on the golf course that I mentioned yesterday

http://45B8669B-3134-4F9F-ADC8-97F958918858.jpe

http://ED0C651F-5ACE-4C0A-8DC5-A2C3AD29F4F2.jpe

http://9BC68494-52A7-4612-B9DF-4898CF91F4A0.jpe

You were posting when I was posting.

Boy, that looks horrible.

Such a stupid shame.

TCD

I was just looking at the street name of "Golf View Dr." from your last map pic.  Its almost as if they are trying to make the name really stick!  When I first saw this, my mind (what's left of it) went back to the time when they were building that monster...