Security Bypass for AP's?

Posted today

https://www.inquisitr.com/4575500/walt-disney-world-reportedly-considering-security-bypass-line-for-annual-passholders-like-tsa-precheck/

WALT DISNEY WORLD REPORTEDLY CONSIDERING SECURITY BYPASS LINE FOR ANNUAL PASSHOLDERS LIKE TSA PRECHECK

For quite a number of years now, the Disney theme parks have been fixing up their security measures and even budgeted more money for safety, but some things may soon be changing. In the past year, Walt Disney World and Disneyland have both changed where their security checkpoints are located in order to make it flow better for everyone. Now, it appears as if WDW is toying with the idea of bringing in a TSA PreCheck-style line for Annual Passholders.

The idea behind this is that Walt Disney World is contemplating something that would be the equivalent of TSA’s Clear or PreCheck line at airports. This would allow Annual Passholders to be able to bypass security or at least go through it in a quicker fashion since they visit the parks more often.

Since the majority of Annual Passholders are those who visit the WDW parks quite frequently, this would make sense as those guests know exactly what can and can’t enter with them. Not only would this speed up the process for them, but it would take more out of the security lines and speed up everything for everyone as well.

For now, this is nothing more than a rumor and something that has neither been confirmed nor denied by Disney. They actually haven’t said anything about it, but it is known that they are always taking steps to advance and improve security at the parks and resorts.

23 minutes ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

So someone who wanted to sneak stuff in would do their research and buy an AP first? 

They way I read it they would still be searched it's just they most likely  wouldn't have banned items making the line faster.

I like the idea.

45 minutes ago, kadancer said:

I like this idea, but I also wish they would figure out a way for guests coming off the boat from the Fort empty handed to not have to wait in the search line.  This slowed us down significantly over the summer.

They don't have a no bag by-pass line there?  That stinks.

Also, they need to figure out a way for monorail riders going to EPCOT to bypass security since they've already been checked at the TTC or hotel and are inside the security bubble.

If they do, I just hope they don't publish the "rules". I can easily see some scum bag buying an annual pass just to ease his entry to the park to do harm.

If they dont know what disney is doing (spot checks, scanners, video, etc), it will make them less likely to use it.

13 hours ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

So someone who wanted to sneak stuff in would do their research and buy an AP first? 

Yeah- that's exactly why I don't think the part of the rumor suggesting that security would be lessened for AP holders. That would be a dumb and risky move.

For what it's worth, they have already experimented with dedicated AP bag check lines.  Back when they were doing to Passholder previews for Pandora at the AK, they had a couple of security lines off to the right of the regular lines which were exclusively for AP holders.

As always, there was nobody there to keep non-AP holders from going through the AP lines, and the guards were even calling guests over from the regular line since there was no line for the AP station.

I really doubt that anything will come of this rumor.  I agree with the comments already made about addressing other things that hold up the bag check line.

And one more thing-  for those complaining about not having a no bag line in certain places.  Over in Disneyland, they don't have a no bag line. Everyone has to line up and go through security.  And everyone has to go through a metal detector.  The lines are always long there.  But, the nice thing there is that once you're past security, you can hop back and forth between the parks with no further bag checks.

TCD

13 hours ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

If someone wants to sneak something in, there is always a way.

I know people that have brought alcohol in their "water" bottles.

If someone wanted to bring a weapon in,  2 or 3 wide mouthed water bottles or thermoses would work.

Now, do they do security checks on CMs? 

All it would take is one CM that lost their Pixie Dust to cause a lot of issues!

Can you imagine Elsa or Mickey on a rampage?

1 minute ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

They do not, and it's something that bothers me too.  Not only that, but there are all kinds of third party vendors who drop off stuff backstage with no security checks.

TCD

So if I was someone with evil intentions, I stroll in thru the normal entrance and go pick up my nefarious devices from where my vendor buddy left them. 

Just like 99% of the action movies do.

Busch Gardens, everyone goes thru metal detectors and bags are checked.

Plus at Busch they no longer allow outside food or drink (maybe sealed water bottles).

You used to be able to bring in substantial sized "snack" foods. You couldn't bring in a sandwich, but you could bring everything to make one .

11 minutes ago, Travisma said:

So if I was someone with evil intentions, I stroll in thru the normal entrance and go pick up my nefarious devices from where my vendor buddy left them. 

Just like 99% of the action movies do.

Busch Gardens, everyone goes thru metal detectors and bags are checked.

Plus at Busch they no longer allow outside food or drink (maybe sealed water bottles).

You used to be able to bring in substantial sized "snack" foods. You couldn't bring in a sandwich, but you could bring everything to make one .

This isn't something that I like to discuss.  But, I figure it wouldn't take the bad guys very long to figure out any of this on their own.

With regard to outside food- it truly surprises me that Disney lets guests bring coolers full of ice and food in to the parks.  At best, the guards take a peek, and whatever is buried under the ice and bologna sandwiches is in the park.  Crazy.  They ought to have an x-ray machine with a special line for those guests.

TCD

53 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

This isn't something that I like to discuss.  But, I figure it wouldn't take the bad guys very long to figure out any of this on their own.

With regard to outside food- it truly surprises me that Disney lets guests bring coolers full of ice and food in to the parks.  At best, the guards take a peek, and whatever is buried under the ice and bologna sandwiches is in the park.  Crazy.  They ought to have an x-ray machine with a special line for those guests.

TCD

It doesn't matter what or where something gets posted, sick people will always find a way to do what they want to.

Now if there were layouts/plans/etc of secret types of security, that would be different.

And if you didn't want to give people ideas on how to do "bad things", 99%of all TV and action movies would have to be eliminated.

When I worked at great adventure back in '98-02 employees always had to go through metal detectors and again on the way out. It was more for trying to scare people from stealing money than "security" but that was a long time ago and the world has certainly changed since I was a kid. Which is sad because I'm only 35. 

56 minutes ago, Beckers said:

When I worked at great adventure back in '98-02 employees always had to go through metal detectors and again on the way out. It was more for trying to scare people from stealing money than "security" but that was a long time ago and the world has certainly changed since I was a kid. Which is sad because I'm only 35. 

My wife worked for Grants (you youngins Google it) back in the early 70s.  The women were only allowed to use a clear clutch type purse (supplied by the company) to bring into the store while they were working to hold their essentials. 

When I worked for Burdines, employees whether working or not had to use the employee entrance and go thru security.  We also had one of the security tag detectors at the door.  

Both of those were for employee theft and not safety.

8 hours ago, Travisma said:

They don't have a no bag by-pass line there?  That stinks.

Also, they need to figure out a way for monorail riders going to EPCOT to bypass security since they've already been checked at the TTC or hotel and are inside the security bubble.

It didn't seem so.  We had to wait in line with everyone else this summer.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed in the security areas at the monorails in the hotels that children were allowed to bypass the metal detector.  Makes sense, since i have never seen terrorists use kids to carry weapons.  

2 hours ago, ftwildernessguy said:

I noticed in the security areas at the monorails in the hotels that children were allowed to bypass the metal detector.  Makes sense, since i have never seen terrorists use kids to carry weapons.  

Unfortunately, sarcasm is noted