Toyo AT2`'s are good tires we run them on our work trucks. How ever when I replace the tires on my personal truck I am going with BFG all terrain we have had several sets and they have always been good tires. I am not  a big fan of any of the brands you listed. 

12 minutes ago, LONE-STAR said:

Toyo AT2`'s are good tires we run them on our work trucks. How ever when I replace the tires on my personal truck I am going with BFG all terrain we have had several sets and they have always been good tires. I am not  a big fan of any of the brands you listed. 

I have BFG AT's on our suburban. Great tires, but they are pricey around here. At least $300 more than AT2's. 

4 minutes ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

I have BFG AT's on our suburban. Great tires, but they are pricey around here. At least $300 more than AT2's. 

We have them on our jeep and we ran them on some of our trucks in the past. We had them on a 01 dodge 2500 diesel 4x4 and got almost 80 thousand miles out of them. I agree they do cost more, but tires is one place I don't mind spending extra.

14 minutes ago, LONE-STAR said:

We have them on our jeep and we ran them on some of our trucks in the past. We had them on a 01 dodge 2500 diesel 4x4 and got almost 80 thousand miles out of them. I agree they do cost more, but tires is one place I don't mind spending extra.

80k is outstanding mileage. 60k and the Toyo's are done, but I pull and haul a lot...and my truck is 10k lbs unloaded. 

I put General Grabber AT2's on my f150 in the spring and they are going well.  I will never understand why 1/2 ton pickups come with family car tires except they give a smoother, quieter ride for the soccer moms.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/5/2017 at 12:18 PM, ftwildernessguy said:

I put General Grabber AT2's on my f150 in the spring and they are going well.  I will never understand why 1/2 ton pickups come with family car tires except they give a smoother, quieter ride for the soccer moms.

1/2 ton pickups are designed for passenger use, they are not intended to haul or tow a heavy load. If you have a big trailer or load to haul you need a heavier platform to do the job. Just so you don't think I am just bashing, I drive a 6 cyl 1/2 ton Ram pickup and it does a good job for me hauling small loads and small trailers, while getting good gas millage. When I need to haul a larger load or tow a big trailer I rent a truck or use my son's truck.

2 hours ago, RowdyPiper said:

Nitto

Terra Grappler G2

General

Grabber HTS60

Mickey Thompson

Deegan 38

Falken

Wildpeak A/T3 3peak

Cooper

Discover A/T3

Continental

CrossContact LX20

General

Grabber APT 3peak

Cooper

Duck Commander

This is my updated list...hopefully a sale turns up this weekend...

We have had Nittos before on my wife's old Tacoma they were good tires no problems with them. But never towed with them.

I do have a funny story about them. I noticed her rear tire looked low but didn't check it for about 2 weeks I kept forgetting. When I checked it there was no air in it at all 0 psi. Now they were 10 ply tires but still I was impressed.

3 hours ago, BigTom said:

1/2 ton pickups are designed for passenger use, they are not intended to haul or tow a heavy load. If you have a big trailer or load to haul you need a heavier platform to do the job. Just so you don't think I am just bashing, I drive a 6 cyl 1/2 ton Ram pickup and it does a good job for me hauling small loads and small trailers, while getting good gas millage. When I need to haul a larger load or tow a big trailer I rent a truck or use my son's truck.

Funny you say that BigTom, I just read over on the Grand Design forum that a dodge 1500 is exactly capable of 1000 lbs of payload. The gentleman who wrote it up said his 1500 is only rated for 950 pounds of payload, needless to say he was astounded by the limited capability of his purchase.  

1 hour ago, PGHFiend said:

Funny you say that BigTom, I just read over on the Grand Design forum that a dodge 1500 is exactly capable of 1000 lbs of payload. The gentleman who wrote it up said his 1500 is only rated for 950 pounds of payload, needless to say he was astounded by the limited capability of his purchase.  

Ford Raptor is just as bad.

• 1 month later...

Well bfg didn't make the size I wanted for my truck so I am going with nitto Terra Grappler G2. My second choice was toyo but the reviews on 2500 and 3500 rams weren't the best so I am going with nitto. NTB has a extra $100.00 off nitto this month to which is nice.