1200 and 1300 Loops, a.k.a Dogwood Drive and Tumbleweed Turn

Hello All,

New to the site and it looks like there are many like my wife and I who enjoy the Fort. ( still my favorite of all WDW resorts)

We will be checking in on Nov.25th and heading home Dec, 1st.

Last year we took photos of the loops we have not stayed in yet and looked nice. We liked the 1200 and 1300 loops has anyone had any less than magic stays in either one?

We were in the 600 loop last year the same week and didn't care for the layout.

Thanks in advance.

We like the 1300 loop and always request a site there along the canal with 1200 as the backup. Never have stayed in 1200 as they always have been able to get us into the 1300 loop but it seems nice from walking around it. The only thing about 1300 is the Meadows Trading Post pool is across the canal. During the day up to around dinner time they run pool parties which can be loud. It doesn't bother us as we are usually away from our site other than an hour or so in the afternoon. With the shorter and potentially cooler days of winter I don't know if it would even last till dinner time if at all. Others that frequent the Fort that time of year would probably know more in that regard.  

The 1200 and 1300 loops are great. 1200 seems to be a favorite with some folks who have long stays, and some of the sites on the inside of the loop are likely to be unavailable on the dates you are looking at.  The outside sites from 1201 to 1217 all back up to the two major roads that travel through the Fort.  I've camped on 1208, which backs up to Big Pine Road, and the road noise didn't bother me.  But, road and bus noise could be an issue on those outer sites, which is almost all of the outside sites on that loop.

1300 is nice.  Some of the sites right across from the comfort station feel crowded, but the area behind them is nice.  I was once assigned site 1334, but asked to move, as it was right next to the playground, and I was concerned there would be a lot of noise from that.  As Keith noted, there is pool noise that you can hear from the sites along the canal, in the range of 1310 through 1324, but that's only a daytime issue. If you're sensitive to noise, sites 1307, 1308 and 1309 back up to the 1600-1900 loop bus stop, and there is bus noise from that bus stop.

Overall, 1200 and 1300 are good loops.

TCD

19 hours ago, shaffecv said:

Hello All,

New to the site and it looks like there are many like my wife and I who enjoy the Fort. ( still my favorite of all WDW resorts)

We will be checking in on Nov.25th and heading home Dec, 1st.

Last year we took photos of the loops we have not stayed in yet and looked nice. We liked the 1200 and 1300 loops has anyone had any less than magic stays in either one?

We were in the 600 loop last year the same week and didn't care for the layout.

Thanks in advance.

The 800 Loop seems to be our favorite so far, but have been wanting to try the 12 and 1300 loops for some time.  To me, at least for the "insides" of those loops seem to be the most private.

I'm with you on the 600 loop. My least favorite of all!  Especially the left side of the loop as you enter.  You get full sun for most of the day, and for a motorhome with all of that windshield, creates a lot of heat build up that the AC struggles to keep up with.

Oh and WELCOME to the group!!

Duane,

We were on the right side of 600 about half way through the loop. And our non awning side of the motor home was in the sun all day.

The openness of the loop due to lack of trees and it's close proximity to the main roadway is what turned us off to it.

Thanks again everyone for the info on 12 an 1300. We'll definitely take one if available.

And to Robin, have a happy birthday.

• 3 weeks later...