A Surprise Trip to the Fort!

Every morning when we walked out on the deck we found this little guy:

U9IapvA.jpg

I guess he/she was enjoying the heat from the light :huh:

Wednesday was our Animal Kingdom/EPCOT day.  Our original plan was for all of us to go to AK, then Jean Ann and I would leave around 11:00 to come back to the campground.  We were having a visitor.  But we got a late start, and jean Ann and I decided to stay at the Fort, do a little shopping, and clean up the cabin.

We went to the Meadow Trading Post.

JXWdwOz.jpg

Npytnls.jpg

PPP9RzP.jpg

dPcWo8U.jpg

T5qp81X.jpg

CjuyGRB.jpg

LbCvjTz.jpg

j8oAdts.jpg

i rode my scooter back to the cabin.  It really is a nice ride.

tkyXrrP.jpg

Ul4ihKw.jpg

0zMaGQZ.jpg

YN3M1tL.jpg

ncNoa0W.jpg

And i was home ...

ipetgrm.jpg

Around 12:30 our visitor arrived, and we had a great time talking to him.

Y9poyjy.jpg

After Lou left for work, we went over to AK and met Ceil and Mary at Flame Tree for a snack.  They had spent the morning seeing Lion King.

Next up was Pandora.  I've seen Avatar a couple of times and seen lots of photos of Pandora, but it was definitely not what I was expecting!  It was small, stark,  gnarly, and rugged.  I expected a lot more flowers and beauty than it has in the daytime.  

JAGCVSv.jpg

Pqin04O.jpg

Efck1kv.jpg

7s7kUWv.jpg

mPFPp8n.jpg

j91zV7m.jpg

MocZDsn.jpg

VH9bV2w.jpg

gavaDb7.jpg

More Pandora pictures to come.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On Tuesday we left the cabin around 9:30 thinking we'd have plenty of time to make our first FP+ which expired at 10:30. We were wrong.   There was a huge line of people waiting for the boat

Okay, I know I said I wouldn't do another trip report.  But this trip was only four days long, so I'm gonna give it a try. Many of you know that David and I had reservations to be at the Fort fro

So on November 2 we all flew to Orlando -- Jean Ann from Texas, two other friends, Mary and Ceil, from Connecticut, and me from North Carolina.  We all arrived within a few minutes of each other and q

I'm enjoying your trip report, fantastic photos as usual!

I'm glad you seized the opportunity to get away. Speaking from experience, it is so important to take some time for yourself when you're caring for elderly parents. It truly recharges the batteries and what a great place to do it!

19 hours ago, Beckers said:

Gwen your pictures are great!! Nothing beats the MK at Christmas time.

Thanks, Beckers!

5 hours ago, dvccamper said:

I'm enjoying your trip report, fantastic photos as usual!

I'm glad you seized the opportunity to get away. Speaking from experience, it is so important to take some time for yourself when you're caring for elderly parents. It truly recharges the batteries and what a great place to do it!

Thank you.  Yes, it was great to recharge my batteries.  The only thing was they were depleted again after two days at home.

At that point I had a decision to make.  Jean Ann, Ceil, and Mary had already gone to EPCOT.  They were going to visit some F&WF booths for dinner and then go a dessert party which included viewing Illuminations and then a ride on Frozen.  I really wanted to see Pandora at night, but the area was becoming way too crowded to get decent pictures.  I had paid for a park hopper that I hadn't used, and I wanted to take some nighttime shots at EPCOT too, so I decided EPCOT couldn't be as crowded as Pandora and headed over there.

Again, I was wrong.  Future World wasn't too bad.

csJHlYK.jpg

VDIW8WK.jpg

DLm2etr.jpg

nxeKo3E.jpg

6BTP6RE.jpg

Once I made the turn into the World Showcase, the crowd tripled.  That's why you will see lots of photos of the tops of the buildings and not the whole thing. 

WPrHLFB.jpg

AmAbbJA.jpg

g8J7Bae.jpg

AJzWneC.jpg

HbQoAbP.jpg

6zBvPo0.jpg

Continuing through World Showcase.  Then I got near the American Adventure, and traffic stopped cold.  It was shoulder-to-shoulder people, and no one could move.  I sat in the same spot for several minutes.  It was so bad that a man behind me jokingly offered to pay me to mow some of the people down and create a path for us.

vh5ZmfC.jpg

aGQlIE4.jpg

edHZbEt.jpg

uTZBQV0.jpg

I was starving.  Had only had a breakfast bar and an order of onion rings all day.  But the lines at the food booths were so long that I just kept going.

oZ7k0Qk.jpg

Zbm4iqS.jpg

YTVG7L9.jpg

WtgQrJz.jpg

YbpKU8k.jpg

0Y2F5oj.jpg

8wm9IUP.jpg

1xt1oeS.jpg

I finally found a food booth with no line -- New Zealand -- and stopped there for a lamb meatball.  That was my dinner.  Then I made my way back to Future World.

YsT8w50.jpg

ss9uUi0.jpg

DjmK1aN.jpg

EViss6s.jpg

g9yFw4x.jpg

RNGu62B.jpg

I said goodnight to EPCOT and caught a bus back to the Fort.

5 hours ago, alexwyattmommy said:

Night time photos are hard.  You make it look easy.

Thank you for sharing them.

11 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Wow Gwen...your night pictures are exceptional!  I love them!!

Thank you both!

I sat down to glance at Fort Fiends quickly before folding some laundry. I hate to tell you how those clothes looked an hour later when I finished looking at all your pictures! Lol

It was great to see you at the Fort! I’m sorry I didn’t see more of you and especially that we weren’t able to get together when I was working in NC! Happy belated Birthday! Hope I see you when the new store opens next year in Kernersville!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gwen-

I just caught up.  For some reason, your photos won't load on Safari or IE, but I was able to see them using Chrome.

Great job on all of the photos.  I hate that your visit to Epcot was marred by the crowds.

You have pointed out a big problem with Pandora- it's cool to look at, but it's always packed with guests, so you have a hard time seeing things, and it's nearly impossible to get photos without mobs of guests in them.  They should have spread things out more.

TCD

Hey Gwen, same here, what Andrew said... I have been coming and going since you have posted your pics hoping to see what everyone else has been raving about... I too thought I would try one more thing to view the pictures and Chrome turned out to be the ticket!  I have went back and re-read everything just to get caught up!

For some reason, I am still having major Disney withdrawals and your pictures have really helped me to get past some of it.

It is so awesome that you got to get away even if it was just for a few days.  I'm sure that helped more than words can describe.  And for Jean Ann to invite you, that is the mark of a true friend.  I'm sure your company meant as much to her as it her's did for you!

Next time you go to the Polite Pig, try the wings, they are awesome.  We tried several other apps when we were there back in October, and I think this is my new favorite at Disney Springs.

I hope there are at leas 20 more pages of pictures and I look forward to seeing each one of them!

Hang in there and keep the faith!!

18 hours ago, Momof6....aka Marty said:

I sat down to glance at Fort Fiends quickly before folding some laundry. I hate to tell you how those clothes looked an hour later when I finished looking at all your pictures! Lol

It was great to see you at the Fort! I’m sorry I didn’t see more of you and especially that we weren’t able to get together when I was working in NC! Happy belated Birthday! Hope I see you when the new store opens next year in Kernersville!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry about the laundry!  I'm just grateful that we hand that chance encounter at the marina -- all because of your helping hand and beautiful heart.  

11 hours ago, Littleolwoman.aka.Kristie said:

I can't handle crowds like that. I would have been in a bit of a panic. Beautiful pictures despite having to sneak over the heads of all the people.

Thanks!  I  would have been more panicky if I hadn't been on that huge scooter.  It was my safety net.

5 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Gwen-

I just caught up.  For some reason, your photos won't load on Safari or IE, but I was able to see them using Chrome.

Great job on all of the photos.  I hate that your visit to Epcot was marred by the crowds.

You have pointed out a big problem with Pandora- it's cool to look at, but it's always packed with guests, so you have a hard time seeing things, and it's nearly impossible to get photos without mobs of guests in them.  They should have spread things out more.

TCD

And now I'm having trouble seeing them in Chrome!

I agree about Pandora.  It seems they have a lot more land that they could have used - especially the long stretch down to the bridge heading to Lion King.

1 hour ago, Duane said:

Hey Gwen, same here, what Andrew said... I have been coming and going since you have posted your pics hoping to see what everyone else has been raving about... I too thought I would try one more thing to view the pictures and Chrome turned out to be the ticket!  I have went back and re-read everything just to get caught up!

For some reason, I am still having major Disney withdrawals and your pictures have really helped me to get past some of it.

It is so awesome that you got to get away even if it was just for a few days.  I'm sure that helped more than words can describe.  And for Jean Ann to invite you, that is the mark of a true friend.  I'm sure your company meant as much to her as it her's did for you!

Next time you go to the Polite Pig, try the wings, they are awesome.  We tried several other apps when we were there back in October, and I think this is my new favorite at Disney Springs.

I hope there are at leas 20 more pages of pictures and I look forward to seeing each one of them!

Hang in there and keep the faith!!

Sorry about your withdrawals!  I know the feeling.

If you ever get the chance to meet Jean Ann, please do!

I think Polite Pig is my new favorite at Disney Springs too.

Sadly this is about all my photos.  I have just a few more to finish.  Will try to post tomorrow.

• 1 month later...