A Surprise Trip to the Fort!

Okay, I know I said I wouldn't do another trip report.  But this trip was only four days long, so I'm gonna give it a try.

Many of you know that we had reservations to be at the Fort from November 5 to December 5.  But my mother got suddenly sick (doctors didn't think she would survive).  She made a miraculous recovery that the hospital staff talked about for days.  She was then sent to a skilled nursing facility for three weeks of physical and occupational therapy.  Eventually she went home on November 2.  By that point we had cancelled our first week of reservations.  Even though her therapists assured us she was fully capable of living alone again, we knew her personality too well and understood what a nightmare we were embarking.

Fast forward a day or two, and my dear friend Jean Ann (Okieatheart) invited me to fly down and spend three nights in a cabin with her and two other friends.  For those of you who haven't had the pleasure of meeting her, this is Jean Ann:

KBcrSFZg.jpg

So on Monday, November 6, we all flew to Orlando.  Jean Ann from Texas, Mary and Ceil from Connecticut, and me from North Carolina.  All our flights arrived within 10 minutes of each other.  So we met in baggage claim for me to pick up my checked bag and then got onto the DME.

ZI6PIiz.jpg

qSOWPCE.jpg

lZAkLZm.jpg

The Fort was the first DME stop that day, so before 1pm we were checked into our cabin and Jean Ann had picked up the golf cart.  Luggage arrived just a short while later.

Ever wonder what a handicapped-accessible cabin looks like?

0akkYCo.jpg

WDRs5cH.jpg

rAlztRE.jpg

WlO2sOM.jpg

nAMF9N2.jpg

dV1xUA1.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...