I'm not affiliated with this group, nor have I used their CentraCare facilities.  I have used Florida Hospital who runs the CentraCare offices and they are top notch.

I was looking into using one of these for my aunt who fell and cut her leg, but she was adamant about going to the ER (she's 99 and pretty set in her ways).

https://centracare.org/florida/

While I was checking hours, etc I came across this page which may be of interest to WDW visitors.

https://centracare.org/florida/visitors/

ORLANDO VISITORS

Don’t Let Illness Ruin Your Vacation

The absolute last thing you want to think about during your vacation is an illness. But if an unexpected illness occurs, Centra Care is practically right next door and just a phone call away.

Quality Medical Care at Your Place or Ours

Centra Care offers you fast, affordable urgent care services close to Orlando’s attractions. We can arrange for complimentary transportation to any one of our closest locations – call (407) 938-0650 for pick-up.

Services Offered

• Free Transportation – Call (407) 938-0650 for pick-up
    • Adult and Pediatric Doctors
    • On-site care of minor illness and injury for adults and children
    • Open late 7-days-a-week, some locations open until midnight
    • No Appointment Needed; Walk-In Medical Service
    • On-site X-ray or Lab Services
    • Most Prescriptions Filled On-Site
    • Affordable Urgent Medical Care
    • Most Insurances Accepted
    • Major credit cards, traveler’s checks, and cash accepted
    • Se Habla Español
map shadow.jpg

(click to enlarge)

Locations Close to All Major Attractions

Centra Care is only a short drive to and from most area attractions, resorts and hotels! Note that hours are subject to change for holidays, call ahead for current hours.

This is probably the closest to WDW

https://centracare.org/florida/locations/lake-buena-vista-centra-care/

There's also one on 192 near the Applebee's and Orlando Ale House.  Just check your insurance for coverage of urgent care versus emergency.  We used the Centracare on 192 one time when my wife hurt her shoulder and our doctor wasn't open.  They were good, but expensive.  But I suppose you pay for rapid access without appointment.  nice facility and staff.

1 minute ago, djsamuel said:

There's also one on 192 near the Applebee's and Orlando Ale House.  Just check your insurance for coverage of urgent care versus emergency.  We used the Centracare on 192 one time when my wife hurt her shoulder and our doctor wasn't open.  They were good, but expensive.  But I suppose you pay for rapid access without appointment.  nice facility and staff.

There is a list of insurance they take, and some of them are highlighted saying to check with your provider to see if they do pay for the CentraCare visits.

It's asinine if you think about it, the provider may not allow a payment to one of these facilities, but would cover a much much more expensive visit to an ER (that is probably a FL Hospital one).

9 minutes ago, djsamuel said:

I just wanted to throw this out there when I saw that they offered free transportation.

I've seen previous posts on here asking about medical help, and I've seen quite a few recently on those other FB sites.

Hopefully no one on this site will ever have to utilize it.

I've used the CentraCare a few times. The first time we used it back in 2004, my son's girlfriend developed some type of eye infection. CentraCare picked her up at our resort, saw her very quickly, and her prescriptions were filled right next door, and then they delivered her right back to Epcot. They did take her insurance.

I have also gone myself a couple of times for an ear infection and a Upper Respiratory infection (major crud, felt like crap). I drove myself though, went early in the morning before opening. First patient seen both times, out of there with a shot in the butt and prescriptions in less than 30 minutes. My insurance at the time was no problem.

41 minutes ago, djsamuel said:

This spot is popular with Disney Castmembers.  One of my daughters just drove a CM there the other night.

TCD

2 hours ago, djsamuel said:

We've used this a couple of times as well and they are excellent; escpecially for Canadians it's nice to have something so close and not have to hunt around.

Both times we found the cost pretty reasonable, less than $200, and they provided a detailed receipt so we could file a claim once we got home.

On one of our last trips we ended up at the Centracare on 192 by the Ale House.  They were excellent and the visit was fast, efficient  and got us back into our vacation quickly.   I can also add that they are honest.  When we were there, we presented our insurance cards and then paid whatever they had asked for and we were just grateful that they helped.  Nearly seven months later, we get a letter in the mail from them and inside is a check.  The letter explains that an over payment occurred due to insurance coverage and here was the refund.   Seven states and seven months later they send a check ?   When we had a documented over payment with our local provider, it was a three month argument and finally a credit  to the account.

19 hours ago, Big Kahuna aka John said:

On one of our last trips we ended up at the Centracare on 192 by the Ale House.  They were excellent and the visit was fast, efficient  and got us back into our vacation quickly.   I can also add that they are honest.  When we were there, we presented our insurance cards and then paid whatever they had asked for and we were just grateful that they helped.  Nearly seven months later, we get a letter in the mail from them and inside is a check.  The letter explains that an over payment occurred due to insurance coverage and here was the refund.   Seven states and seven months later they send a check ?   When we had a documented over payment with our local provider, it was a three month argument and finally a credit  to the account.

Florida Hospital which runs CentraCare for the most part is a very good institution.

They are part of the Adventest Health Care system which is owned by the 7th Day Adventests

Adventist Health System operates 44 hospitals in ten states making it the largest not-for-profit protestant health care system in the United States. Our annual statistics include:

• Treats more patients than any other hospital in the US
  • Largest Family Medicine Residency in Florida
  • Treats more cardiology, neurology and vascular surgery inpatients than any other nationally recognized hospital
  • Treats more cancer patients than any hospital in Florida
  • Serves more patients each year than any hospital in Florida
  • Number of inpatients: 122,729
  • Number of outpatients: 500,320
  • Number of emergency cases: 407,439
  • Number of new born deliveries: 9,232
  • Number of surgeries: 64,552
  • Number of licensed beds: 2,675
  • Number of critical care beds (Includes ICU, CCU, CVICU, PCU, PICU, NICU): 1,329
  • Number of staff physicians: 2,230
  • Number of employees: 33,000
  • Number of walk-in medical facilities: 21
  • Number of Centra Care visits: 336,383
  • Number of outpatient rehabilitation and imaging facilities: 16
  • Number of auxilians: 3,000
  • Number of foundation volunteers: 240

7 minutes ago, keith_h said:

Florida Hospital is where my brother was treated and also handled his hospice care towards the end. I thought the staff and doctors were very caring which surprised me for such a large institution.

A co -workers wife is a nurse.

She goes to different hospitals, and much prefers Florida Hospitals.

She said in for profit hospitals they have to record item they use down to the inch for tubing, ounce of ointment, etc.

For FL Hospital they just have to jot down what was used, a lot calmer place to work.

Out daughter was treated in one over in Orlando.  It was during the holiday season.  There was a Christmas Tree in the lobby, and someone on a baby grand playing Christmas music.  The staff was wonderful and treated her like a princess (she was in her late 20's at the time).

Had to make use of the Centra Care last night.  My husband managed to almost slice the meaty part of his left pointer finger off, another quarter inch and there wouldn't have been a flap to sew back.  It took 5 stiches and the doctor was very good, hurt him like hell  but it will be mended soon.  They are very good there, when we can't get to our family doc we head over to Centra Care.

1 hour ago, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

Had to make use of the Centra Care last night.  My husband managed to almost slice the meaty part of his left pointer finger off, another quarter inch and there wouldn't have been a flap to sew back.  It took 5 stiches and the doctor was very good, hurt him like hell  but it will be mended soon.  They are very good there, when we can't get to our family doc we head over to Centra Care.

Ouch!