Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017

Great short trip. I'm jealous if your going to snag thanksgiving reservations. This is the first time in 8 years we are not spending  thanksgiving at the fort. Thanks Disney.  Anyways we scored reservations at the Dollywood dreammore resort for the week. Which means we will be visiting the one park that is better than Disney. Have a great thanksgiving. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/17/2017 at 9:22 AM, Tri-Circle-D said:

In my opinion, they're not great spots for the new fireworks show, Happily Ever After.  They are too far back from the castle to appreciate the projections on the castle.  Plus, on a regular park day, one of the areas is taken over by a paid dessert party, and the other is typically overcrowded.

I somehow missed this trip report when you first posted it so I'm getting caught up now. Thanks for sharing! I always appreciate how much work you put into these. I've benefitted from them tremendously over the years.

I still haven't seen HEA but have plans to do so sometime in January. Do you have a favorite/suggested optimum viewing spot? I'll be by myself so should be able to wedge myself into the crowd fairly easily.

On 1/1/2018 at 4:41 PM, wendinator said:

I somehow missed this trip report when you first posted it so I'm getting caught up now. Thanks for sharing! I always appreciate how much work you put into these. I've benefitted from them tremendously over the years.

I still haven't seen HEA but have plans to do so sometime in January. Do you have a favorite/suggested optimum viewing spot? I'll be by myself so should be able to wedge myself into the crowd fairly easily.

Thanks! 

The new Happily Ever After (HEA) fireworks show is very different from Wishes in that a big part of the show is projections on the castle. Because of this, the best viewing spots are those with a clear view of the castle. And you don't want to be too close to the castle. 

The best spot I've found for HEA viewing is on Main Street, about halfway between the ice cream shop and the partners statue. This area gets extremely crowded, and you typically will need to claim your spot an hour to an hour and a half before the fireworks. The bad thing about this spot is that late comers will inevitably shove in just prior to the fireworks, and all it takes is one idiot parent putting his kid up on his shoulders to ruin your view  If you're traveling solo, you should be able to shift around though  

The second best spot, and one that provides a more pleasant viewing experience is in the old FP viewing area in front of Casey's Corner. You can usually claim a spot along the back fence in there about an hour before the fireworks. That fence insures that there will be nobody pushing you from behind during the show. 

HEA is definitely worth making the effort to see. As I said, though, you need to be in the park with a clear view of the front of the castle to properly enjoy it. 

TCD

On 1/3/2018 at 11:53 AM, Tri-Circle-D said:

The best spot I've found for HEA viewing is on Main Street, about halfway between the ice cream shop and the partners statue. This area gets extremely crowded, and you typically will need to claim your spot an hour to an hour and a half before the fireworks. The bad thing about this spot is that late comers will inevitably shove in just prior to the fireworks, and all it takes is one idiot parent putting his kid up on his shoulders to ruin your view  If you're traveling solo, you should be able to shift around though  

The second best spot, and one that provides a more pleasant viewing experience is in the old FP viewing area in front of Casey's Corner. You can usually claim a spot along the back fence in there about an hour before the fireworks. That fence insures that there will be nobody pushing you from behind during the show. 

Thanks again! I'll report back at the end of the month.