PSA when driving to the Fort on World Drive

They have opened up the new lanes that lead to the Fort from World Drive.  When you approach the toll plaza, make sure you are in the far right lane. You no longer are required to (or can) travel through the MK toll plaza and make that right turn to head to the Fort.  In fact, if you do end up in the toll plaza thinking you can get ahead of the traffic back up and make that right turn, think again.  They have it walled off.  You will either have to proceed to the MK parking lot or bear to the left to an exit that dumps you out right at the Car Care Center and the Speedway gas station. And we all know what a pain that becomes at that point...

When I was there on Thursday while on Monorail over to Epcot, the traffic seemed to back way up World Drive because there is still a traffic light the WL, PVR, and CR have to stop for, as they are required to make a left turn. The Fort traffic just has to slow down and merge onto Vista Drive.

I'm sure as the "fly over" and the other traffic features come on line, this pattern will most likely change.  Just wanted everyone to be prepared and not get caught in the toll plaza.

One down side to the road construction... last night SIL and nephew were coming in late on ME (flight was delayed) and the stop before the Fort (which was last of course) was the Contemporary.  Because of the construction they had to go all the way out past the main gate to turn around and come back into the Fort.  Poor nephew was already sleepy as it was nearly midnight, and he woke up as they were going out of "the bubble" and got upset because he thought they were going back to the airport!