Same to you. I was just talking to my wife about if anyone makes a turkey at a campground....we think it's something we'd like to do soon. 
I was talking to someone at the pool earlier who was frying one. Given the cabins have small ovens we opted for backyard BBQ this year but camping here next year so might give it a go.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Curious how many sites are open tonight and tomorrow night. Disney missed out on $1500 bucks from me because of no availability 
Didn't go out looping, but the 300 loop had 2 or 3 open on Thanksgiving but nothing that's been open now than a couple of nights in a row. And it's been close to full since Halloween,which is unusual. It'll be interesting to see what next week is like.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Didn't go out looping, but the 300 loop had 2 or 3 open on Thanksgiving but nothing that's been open now than a couple of nights in a row. And it's been close to full since Halloween,which is unusual. It'll be interesting to see what next week is like.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

We looped several times over the past week...Premium loops stick in my mind.  Saw several available, each time we went out.

16 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Well the previously full 300 loop is now at least half empty.  They're also slow to clean the sites today, which suggests they aren't planning to fill them back up super soon. 

Very nice!  One of these years, we'll stay for the week after Thanksgiving.  I'm guessing the crowds at the parks will be less as well.

Enjoy!! ^_^

We did an off site weekend visit Saturday/Sunday.

Hotel hopped Saturday to check out decorations, then went to HS and MK Saturday evening.

HS wasn't bad, crowded around Jingle Bam, but the rest wasn't too bad.

We got to MK just before the castle show.  Main Street was mobbed, but they had the back entrance open so we went that way.

Crowds weren't bad.  We did the People Mover (which had a long line when we got off) and Jingle Cruise. 

Sunday we did the Contemporary and EPCOT.  Only crowds at EPCOT was after the Candlelight got out, and the normal congestion around Mexico.

Weather was perfect which helped a lot.

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 9:59 PM, Starbuc71 said:

Curious how many sites are open tonight and tomorrow night. Disney missed out on $1500 bucks from me because of no availability 

Dave-  I thought of you as I looped through the 800 loop on Thanksgiving night.  The only open site was 815, which  I believe was your site a couple of Thanksgivings ago.

There were very few open sites on any of the loops Thanksgiving night- the Fort was very full.  Somehow, the same guests get the same sites every year.  That first site on 1100 was occupied by the same folks who had it last Thanksgiving.

The Dishwasher Gang was back in the 2000 loop this year.  Bigger and better than ever.  They were joined by the U Haul gang, and the Jehovah's Witnesses.  Wow, it was interesting looping through there.

I also thought of you when I headed down to the Settlement to see how many lights were burned out on the Christmas tree.  You would have loved it- the tree was dark for both Wednesday and Thursday night- none of the lights were lit.  It was completely dark.

TCD

3 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Very nice!  One of these years, we'll stay for the week after Thanksgiving.  I'm guessing the crowds at the parks will be less as well.

Enjoy!! ^_^

Well 300 didn't stay empty for long.  Late afternoon about half the empty sites were filled up again.

But it's still pretty quiet.

Went to Epcot last night around 5pm and crowds were super light.  We had dinner around the world and tried out a bunch of the new holiday offerings (good stuff - will post pics when I get a chance), and there were never more than 2-3 people in line. We strolled World Showcase, rode single rider Test Track, had a FP for Soarin at 9 and walked back to World Showcase in time for Illuminations - easy peasy.

My brother's family was with us this week. We warned them about the dreaded Thanksgiving crowds, so we avoided the parks during the days.  But we went into the parks most evenings and crowds weren't bad at all!  Actually we remarked that they were better than they'd been the week before - seriously!

We did find some crowds Saturday night - at Disney Springs.  The place was wall to wall people from end to end and both garages were full.  The bus driver told us that the lime garage was full at noon.  We were there around 5:30 to go bowling and had to wait 30 minutes for a lane.  By the time we left the wait was a good 90+ minutes.

On 11/27/2017 at 9:19 AM, Tri-Circle-D said:

Dave-  I thought of you as I looped through the 800 loop on Thanksgiving night.  The only open site was 815, which  I believe was your site a couple of Thanksgivings ago.

There were very few open sites on any of the loops Thanksgiving night- the Fort was very full.  Somehow, the same guests get the same sites every year.  That first site on 1100 was occupied by the same folks who had it last Thanksgiving.

The Dishwasher Gang was back in the 2000 loop this year.  Bigger and better than ever.  They were joined by the U Haul gang, and the Jehovah's Witnesses.  Wow, it was interesting looping through there.

I also thought of you when I headed down to the Settlement to see how many lights were burned out on the Christmas tree.  You would have loved it- the tree was dark for both Wednesday and Thursday night- none of the lights were lit.  It was completely dark.

TCD

Thanks for the update. I am so curious how the same people get the same sites each year. Ther has to be a loop hole that none of know about. It just doesn't make any sense. We missed the fort this year. 1st time in eight years. Oh well, we had a great time in Tennessee. Amazing how nice it is walking a super clean and friendly theme park when it's 35 degrees outside. You really need to do a trip to Dollywood and give us a cool trip report.  I swear they would win you over.  When we were up there in the summer, we actually took a ton of pics to do a trip report then the Photobucket thing happened when I returned.  Amazing about the tree at the settlement. I wanted to take a day trip over just to see what they did this year.  I would have laughed. 

On 12/2/2017 at 9:35 PM, Starbuc71 said:

Thanks for the update. I am so curious how the same people get the same sites each year. There has to be a loop hole that none of know about. It just doesn't make any sense. 

I've always wondered the same thing, they have to be in good with a long time managers or Fort worker that helps them out.  Someone mentioned before that they get there early and wait for the site but that wouldn't work out year after year.

WBI

52 minutes ago, WannaBeImagineer said:

I've always wondered the same thing, they have to be in good with a long time managers or Fort worker that helps them out.  Someone mentioned before that they get there early and wait for the site but that wouldn't work out year after year.

WBI

There's definitely a behind the scenes network that works for guests who are lucky enough to be part of it.

Every Thanksgiving, there are guests in the same exact sites on almost every loop.  And, they are nice sites. Someone in the Fort office hooks them up.

One new thing this year is that I noticed one guest who has a several dogs was not in his usual spot on the 800 loop -he moved over to the 1200 loop.  The new all loops are pet loops was probably the reason for that.

TCD