Sign in to follow this  
Travisma

Updated 12/12 Universal Stepping up their Game Again

51 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I'd love to read the actual contractual language some day.

I recently heard an advertisement for a "Marvel Live" show that is going to be traveling around Florida next month.  It sounds like it's from the Disney on Ice people.  The commercial listed a lot of the Marvel Avengers characters.  Since these performances will not be in a theme park, I assume that Disney has the right to license that show.

TCD

Amalie Arena in Tampa, January 5th thru 7th.

25 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Amalie Arena in Tampa, January 5th thru 7th.

Yes, that's the show I heard advertised.

They are heading over to Orlando right after that: https://www.marveluniverselive.com/tickets

Which makes me wonder about the 60 mile radius restrictions mentioned in the article you posted:

18 hours ago, Travisma said:

This spells out Universals rights to Marvel Characters. Wonder if it only covered ones that were around in the 90's and that's why Disney can have Guardians at WDW?

Back in the 1990s, long before Marvel was acquired by Disney, they signed an impressively tight contract with Universal for the rights to the characters in use within theme park attractions. The contract limits the use of the characters on the east coast of the country to Universal Orlando with even tighter restrictions within a 60-mile radius of the Orlando parks. The contract does have a few stipulations, like ensuring upkeep of the rides, but overall is definitely more favorable to Universal than Marvel.

TCD

33 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Yes, that's the show I heard advertised.

They are heading over to Orlando right after that: https://www.marveluniverselive.com/tickets

Which makes me wonder about the 60 mile radius restrictions mentioned in the article you posted:

TCD

It's put on by Feld Entertainment (based out of the Sarasota area).

Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that lift the human spirit and create indelible memories, with 30 million people in attendance at its shows each year. Feld Entertainment's productions have appeared in more than 75 countries on six continents and include Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, AMSOIL Arenacross, Marvel Universe LIVE!, Disney On IceDisney Live! and Sesame Street Live!

Feld Entertainment Studios 
Where world-class productions prepare for the world stage

Located on Florida’s Gulf Coast, the global headquarters of Feld 

Entertainment® is home to the largest and most innovative facility of its kind in the world. No one does what we do, and no other facility delivers such true integration and remarkable industry production standards. With more than 580,000 sq. ft. under one roof, we have the unique ability to set up the tour, design and build the set, create the show and pack it for the road. Our one-stop-shop offers an exceptional 50,000 square-foot rehearsal space, on-site design and fabrication, in-house operational expertise and administration support services, all for ultimate cost efficiency for both celebrated Feld Entertainment productions and for producers looking for a staging and rehearsal venue to take their production to the world stage. Feld Entertainment Studios, quite simply, offers the quality and operational expertise you would expect from the world leader in live-action family entertainment.

Guess they worked out some sort of deal with Marvel and Universal.

1 minute ago, wdwpoohbear...Jennifer said:

Feld Entertainment is down the street from where I live and I pass by it regularly.  The building is massive.  I wonder if they do tours of the place...it would be cool to get inside and see the behind the scenes things.

Wouldn't hurt to ask...

Contact Us

Worldwide Headquarters   Customer Service Other
800 Feld Way
Palmetto, FL 34221
P: (941) 721-1200              
[email protected]
800 Feld Way
Palmetto, FL 34221
P: (800) 844-3545, 9am - 5pm
  Monday - Friday (EST)

Ringling Bros. & Feld Motor Sports 
[email protected] 

Disney On Ice and Disney Live!
[email protected]    

Donation Request Form

Souvenirs & Concessions
Email: [email protected]
P: (800) 755-1530

Feld Entertainment, Inc, Europe
[email protected]

Media Relations
800 Feld Way
Palmetto, FL 34221
P: (703) 448-4120
(between 9:00am to 5:30pm Eastern time
To receive contact information for one of our regional media relations offices by return email, send an email to: [email protected] 

For Partnership and Promotional Opportunities
[email protected] 

Group Sales
800 Feld Way
Palmetto, FL 34221
Email: [email protected] 
P: (866) 248-8740, 9am - 6pm
Monday - Friday (EST)

For Procurement & Sourcing/Purchasing Opportunities
 Suppliers Registration Form 

Feld Entertainment Studios
[email protected]

For Corporate VIP Hospitality Opportunities
[email protected]  

11 minutes ago, wdwpoohbear...Jennifer said:

Feld Entertainment is down the street from where I live and I pass by it regularly.  The building is massive.  I wonder if they do tours of the place...it would be cool to get inside and see the behind the scenes things.

Very cool.  I know that they were the producers for the Ringling Brothers circus for a long time. It seems that they have carried on without missing a beat.  Good for them.  The logistics of operating these shows must be incredible.

TCD

4 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Very cool.  I know that they were the producers for the Ringling Brothers circus for a long time. It seems that they have carried on without missing a beat.  Good for them.  The logistics of operating these shows must be incredible.

TCD

They've been doing these shows for years along with Ringling.  I guess they need to find more acts now to make up for that loss.

It looks like Feld Entertainment still donates money or are affiliated in some way with the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Center for Elephant Conservation which is in Central Florida.  It sounds like they retired some of or all of the herd here.  I will definitely check that place out sometime soon.  Pretty cool!