Hello All,

Just returned  Saturday from 7 days at the Fort. Other than our first assigned sight already being occupied with a camper when we got to it. And then our second site being occupied by the neighbors car and golf cart when we got there. The Campground stay was awesome as usual.

One problem we had with the rest of the stay was getting our AP dining discounts. Even when we showed our card and photo ID to our server, the discount had been forgotten when we got our check 75% of the time.

Even though the ticket the hostess or host puts on your table for the server when you are seated says Annual Pass Holder they still make you pull the yellow card and an ID.

I don't like carrying my license around in the parks but had to in order to get the discounts. How can your pass holder status not be loaded onto your magic band?

My wife was beginning to get a bit unhappy with me because I became a bit more irritated with our servers as the week went by.

Has anybody else encountered the same issues? Or could my wife and I just not look like the AP types?

Your AP is on your Magic Band, but since many people have multiples, Linda and I have at least 8 each, they could still give a spare to a friend for dining and merchandise discounts. 

And no, we've not had trouble getting the discount at any restaurant or store, but the rule clearly states, "with a photo ID".

1 hour ago, shaffecv said:

Hello All,

Just returned  Saturday from 7 days at the Fort. Other than our first assigned sight already being occupied with a camper when we got to it. And then our second site being occupied by the neighbors car and golf cart when we got there. The Campground stay was awesome as usual.

One problem we had with the rest of the stay was getting our AP dining discounts. Even when we showed our card and photo ID to our server, the discount had been forgotten when we got our check 75% of the time.

Even though the ticket the hostess or host puts on your table for the server when you are seated says Annual Pass Holder they still make you pull the yellow card and an ID.

I don't like carrying my license around in the parks but had to in order to get the discounts. How can your pass holder status not be loaded onto your magic band?

My wife was beginning to get a bit unhappy with me because I became a bit more irritated with our servers as the week went by.

Has anybody else encountered the same issues? Or could my wife and I just not look like the AP types?

I think I’d be irritate after a few mess up too.   

Weve never had that many issues getting our AP discount.  

I wish they would attach the AP discount to our MB.   It shouldn’t be that hard.  Our APs are already on them why can’t the discount?  We will be there in12 days and I’ll report back if we have a lot of difficulty getting our discount 

1 minute ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Your AP is on your Magic Band, but since many people have multiples they could still give a spare to a friend for dining and merchandise discounts. 

And no, we've not had trouble getting the discount at any restaurant or store, but the rule clearly states, "with a photo ID".

Yes many people have multiple MBs but if they ask for your ID. What does it matter?

it seems like a pretty easy thing to do. 

But im not an IT guy. So maybe someone smarter than me can answer.  And yes I know... it won’t blet hard to find someone smarter than me. Lol. 

10 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Yes many people have multiple MBs but if they ask for your ID. What does it matter?

I think the OP didn't want to have to carry his license around and the question was, could the band just work as both your AP card and your photo id.

We haven't had trouble getting a discount however... we never show the card, until we request our check, so I guess it's fresh on their mind.

I don't understand what everyone is worked up about.

The current Passholder discounts are better than they've ever been.

The Passholder Guide  clearly says:

Bring your valid Annual Pass card and photo ID to enjoy great discounts on dining, merchandise and more across Walt Disney World Resort.

That is clearly stated on page 2, and it has always been that way.  Why wait to be asked for your card and ID when making a purchase? Have them out and ready to go.

I wouldn't expect a server to have to remember that you're a passholder.  When the check comes, you should have your Passholder card and photo ID ready, and hand them over to the server.  Nothing to get mad about.

TCD

26 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I don't understand what everyone is worked up about.

The current Passholder discounts are better than they've ever been.

The Passholder Guide  clearly says:

Bring your valid Annual Pass card and photo ID to enjoy great discounts on dining, merchandise and more across Walt Disney World Resort.

That is clearly stated on page 2, and it has always been that way.  Why wait to be asked for your card and ID when making a purchase? Have them out and ready to go.

I wouldn't expect a server to have to remember that you're a passholder.  When the check comes, you should have your Passholder card and photo ID ready, and hand them over to the server.  Nothing to get mad about.

TCD

If I read the OP correct he was asking why disney doesn’t just attach the AP discount on your MB?  

And iirc. Someone posted an article about how disney was starting to do just that. ( it might have even been your post?)

And he may not of read that article before. The other thing he was upset about was that even after presenting is AP card and ID the server forgot to give them the discount.   I am reading his post correctly.   Maybe if somebody remembers the article about AP discounts on your magic band they could posted it here for him to see 

28 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

If I read the OP correct he was asking why disney doesn’t just attach the AP discount on your MB?  

And iirc. Someone posted an article about how disney was starting to do just that. ( it might have even been your post?)

And he may not of read that article before. The other thing he was upset about was that even after presenting is AP card and ID the server forgot to give them the discount.   I am reading his post correctly.   Maybe if somebody remembers the article about AP discounts on your magic band they could posted it here for him to see 

The OP said that he "became a bit more irritated with our servers as the week went by."

Why?

Why show your server your AP and ID at the beginning of a meal? I've never had one server ask for it then.  Just learn the drill and do it.  Nothing to get irritated about.  Not a big deal.

TCD

4 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

The OP said that he "became a bit more irritated with our servers as the week went by."

Why?

Why show your server your AP and ID at the beginning of a meal? I've never had one server ask for it then.  Just learn the drill and do it.  Nothing to get irritated about.  Not a big deal.

TCD

I agree with you it’s not a big deal.  To carry and show and ID and your AP card.  

I carry my drivers license with me where ever I go.  That and my AMEX  

i never leave home without them  lol  

when i go to the park I carry cash, Disney visa, AP card, and drivers license and that’s it  

But I think he was getting upset that even after showing his ID and AP card h the servers were forgetting his discount.  I’m not sure if this, that’s just how I read it  

14 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

But I think he was getting upset that even after showing his ID and AP card h the servers were forgetting his discount.  I’m not sure if this, that’s just how I read it  

That's how I read it too.

Obviously, the showing of the pass and ID at the beginning of a meal doesn't work, and that's not the way it's done, so why keep doing it and getting irritated?

Show your pass and ID when the check comes.  Problem solved.

TCD

7 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

That's how I read it too.

Obviously, the showing of the pass and ID at the beginning of a meal doesn't work, and that's not the way it's done, so why keep doing it and getting irritated?

Show your pass and ID when the check comes.  Problem solved.

TCD

Where is the easiest place to get a replacement?

My granddaughter lost hers somewhere at her moms house.

Do they issue new ones when you renew your AP?

26 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Where is the easiest place to get a replacement?

My granddaughter lost hers somewhere at her moms house.

Do they issue new ones when you renew your AP?

You can get a replacement at any ticket window.  I prefer to go to Guest Services when I'm already in the park- it's a nicer atmosphere, and I think the CM's are a notch better there.  But, they say the CM's who work at the TTC are the most experienced and knowledgeable.  Makes sense.  That new Guest Services building in Disney Springs is also very nice. And, they converted that little gift shop in Liberty Square into a ticket office that seems to not ever be too busy.

My AP cycle has us renewing passes in late December and January, and I would sometimes be told to keep using the card I had because new ones weren't printed yet.  My current AP card says it's good for 2016-2017, and I got it in January, 2017.  With the "free" extra month promotion they ran last year, my pass will be good through February.  I guess I'll need to stop by and get a 2017-2018 card.

TCD

Whenever the servers came to our table they always ask if you are on the dining plan or have any discounts.

Show card and ID, enjoy meal,  check comes, no discount. "Sorry forgot to enter your discount, I'll be right back."

That was the deal at the majority of our dinners.

First night was our fault. Was just wondering if management is advising servers to "forget" to enter discount as a way of increasing their revenue. Or like I said do my wife and I look shady.

11 minutes ago, shaffecv said:

Whenever the servers came to our table they always ask if you are on the dining plan or have any discounts.

Show card and ID, enjoy meal,  check comes, no discount. "Sorry forgot to enter your discount, I'll be right back."

First night was our fault. Was just wondering if management is advising servers to "forget" to enter discount as a way of increasing their revenue. Or like I said do my wife and I look shady.

That's weird.

I've always had servers ask if we're on the DDP, but never have one ask up front if we are entitled to any discounts.  

Next time, just save yourself the aggravation, and have the AP Card and your ID ready to show the server when it's time for the check.

TCD

1 hour ago, shaffecv said:

I don’t know if you look shady or not. But I do. Lol!

i doubt management tells them to “forget” to enter the discount.  If their POS system is like most I’ve worked with the discount has to be added when checking out.   I’m sure the CM didn’t write it down and just forgot.   

It sounds like we, the guests, need to show our ID and AP at the end of the meal. 

Becauae the servers are human and will make mistakes. 

I hadn't been to WDW since April.

My wife was there with our boys in July and August. And the whole process of using the dining discount seemed more cumbersome to her also.

We've only been passholders for three years so maybe they were just got a little bit loose on the rules and are going "by the book" now.

I always just carry my wallet which has photo IDs and my annual pass card in it all the time ( you never know when you might end up at Disney)! I'm used to carrying it so if I didn't have it at Disney I'd be constantly looking for it. If I know someplace has a passholder discount I have it all out and ready at checkout or have it out when I ask for the check, if I'm unsure I ask before they bring the check. I can't ever recall being asked about having an annual pass before a meal or by a server unless I had my MB with the passholder sliders on it, they always ask about dinning plans. 

On 12/8/2017 at 10:34 AM, Tri-Circle-D said:

That's weird.

I've always had servers ask if we're on the DDP, but never have one ask up front if we are entitled to any discounts.  

Just got back from our trip and we were asked more often than not if we had anything that would entitle us to discounts - that goes for dining and shopping.

We had TIW for dining discounts most of the time (expired our last week) and we used the AP discount quite a bit.  We just got in the habit of whipping out the card and ID pretty much everywhere.  We only used the AP discount for dining a couple of times, but didn't have any difficulty with it.

I don't know if they can ever just use the MB for the AP discount the way it currently works.  As Dave mentioned upthread, if you have a bucket full of magic bands, you could pass them out to your friends.  I think if they at least imprint your name on your AP card, then you could just use that, but this time around they just wrote our first names on the back of the AP cards in sharpie (??)

A couple of times at the Fort trading posts I forgot my AP and they gave me the discount anyway.  One time the CM asked if I could pull up MDE on my phone and show her. Another time the CM suggested I take a photo of it and my license so I'd have that handy (as long as you have your phone). I did that but never ended up using it.

32 minutes ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

9 out of 10, the server has said remind me at the end of your meal.

We have just gotten in the habit of doing it at the end because with TIW they have to take your card to get a manager to apply the discount (no idea why).  When we used the AP they just looked at the card & ID to confirm, but we still did it when the check came just out of habit. 

1 hour ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

A couple of times at the Fort trading posts I forgot my AP and they gave me the discount anyway.  One time the CM asked if I could pull up MDE on my phone and show her. Another time the CM suggested I take a photo of it and my license so I'd have that handy (as long as you have your phone). I did that but never ended up using it.

That's a good idea.  I take screen shots of our FP so we don't have to keep pulling them up in MDE ( we know how reliable that is).

I take screen shots or pictures of my other discount cards, but never thought of doing it for the AP.  THANKS.

44 minutes ago, Travisma said:

That's a good idea.  I take screen shots of our FP so we don't have to keep pulling them up in MDE ( we know how reliable that is).

Also a great idea - especially since my memory is terrible!  :)

Although we got "multi-use" FPs a few times this trip - a couple of times when a ride went down for something we had a FP for, and one time it just appeared to be a "freebie" (yay us!) 

Next time around I'm going to use this tip and just remember to check the app before we head to a ride to use one, just in case.

26 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Also a great idea - especially since my memory is terrible!  :)

Although we got "multi-use" FPs a few times this trip - a couple of times when a ride went down for something we had a FP for, and one time it just appeared to be a "freebie" (yay us!) 

Next time around I'm going to use this tip and just remember to check the app before we head to a ride to use one, just in case.

Are you signed up to get notifications if your FP gets changed or cancelled?