1 hour ago, Travisma said:

Or just a lot of sped up video.

Don't know if this is something dug up out of the vaults, or something new...

Decorating Disney: Holiday Magic , 8 p.m. Sunday, Freeform:

A behind-the-scenes look at how Disney parks bring the holidays to life virtually overnight with decorations and special events

Thanks For posting this. And I do believe they’ve aired a show like this before. And it was pretty good. Going to have to set the DVR to record this show.For posting this. And I do believe they’ve air to show like this before. And it was pretty good. Going to have to set the DVR to record this show

You can watch the official trailer for the show here:

https://freeform.go.com/shows/decorating-disney

The show itself is new, but I'll bet that some of the footage has been used and seen before.

The preview states that it is all done in one night.

That's not true.  They get it done fast, but they work on the decorations for weeks. This year, Hollywood Studios was almost fully decorated for Christmas before Halloween.

TCD

12 hours ago, caveat lector said:

Reminder: starts on freeform in 1/2 hour

Thanks for the reminder. I watched the whole thing. I thought it was very well done. I heard some things I never heard before (like the rainy day theory behind the Small World ride).The part I liked best was all of the Castmember interviews. Disney has some great people working for it. 

TCD

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Thanks for the reminder. I watched the whole thing. I thought it was very well done. I heard some things I never heard before (like the rainy day theory behind the Small World ride).The part I liked best was all of the Castmember interviews. Disney has some great people working for it. 

TCD

It looked like it was a totally new show, saw HS tree in the lake instead of out front.

They do some amazing work year round, and the effort to get the majority of the transformations done overnights is just crazy.

BUT, it royally pissed me off that Disneyland transforms Small World and Haunted Mansion, and we get left out.  Then to top it off they rub salt in the wound by having that family entering Haunted Mansion excited to see what's new, then exiting saying how they outdid themselves this year !  

BAH Humbug. 

We want Jack, We want Jack, We want Jack!!!!

14 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD

Completely agree sir. It was a great watch. Seeing how much they do overnight is impressive.

The one lady had worked over 40 years and seemed to really love her job. 

23 hours ago, Travisma said:

BUT, it royally pissed me off that Disneyland transforms Small World and Haunted Mansion, and we get left out.  Then to top it off they rub salt in the wound by having that family entering Haunted Mansion excited to see what's new, then exiting saying how they outdid themselves this year !  

Disneyland also gets a Christmas parade that is performed daily for all guests, not just at the hard ticket MVMCP that we have.  And they have a Holiday edition of the World of Color show, and a really nice Christmas overlay of Cars Land.  All of that is way cool.

But, if you think about it, that show was around 80% about WDW and only 20% about Disneyland.

We still win. Our castle is way better. Our Christmas trees are way better.  We have the decorations and shows at DHS and Epcot too.

TCD

6 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Disneyland also gets a Christmas parade that is performed daily for all guests, not just at the hard ticket MVMCP that we have.  And they have a Holiday edition of the World of Color show, and a really nice Christmas overlay of Cars Land.  All of that is way cool.

But, if you think about it, that show was around 80% about WDW and only 20% about Disneyland.

We still win. Our castle is way better. Our Christmas trees are way better.  We have the decorations and shows at DHS and Epcot too.

TCD

But we don't have Jack!

Yes we now have the show on the Tower of Terror, but projections are the easy way out.

27 minutes ago, Travisma said:

But we don't have Jack!

Yes we now have the show on the Tower of Terror, but projections are the easy way out.

Well, you're right about that.

Because of my daughters' schedules, I have only visited Disneyland in the fall or winter, so I've never seen the regular version of Disneyland's Haunted Mansion- only the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay.  It is amazing.

And, they have the Hatbox ghost too.

TCD