Extra Magic Hours for non Disney Resort guests??

Guess they can control early entry but the evening hours- LOL! Those guests have always been there at night and no one checks and asks them to leave. Yes, maybe they can' t get on rides, can't verify that,  but its not always about the rides. They are just legitimizing a part of the crowd that already exists and forging their relationship with "other" branded hotels on Disney property.  Once again, clever marketing.

From what I see it is a specific seven hotels. If I remember correctly a couple of the ones listed were already eligible for the extra magic hours. Also to take advantage of the extra hours they have to stop and pick up vouchers at their hotel. Someone also mentioned in a comment that the reservation had to be made directly through Disney not the hotel's website.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

On 12/24/2017 at 5:09 PM, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

It sounds like it's going to be a mess if reservations have to be booked through the Disney website and the guest have to get a voucher from the hotel. Both for guest and CMs. 

That is the kicker. No way would I book one of those hotels through Disney. I would only stay there if booking through a discounter or with points or something of that nature, Also, if I'm staying offsite, it's because I want to save money, so therefore, I'm staying somewhere on 192. I have never found anything on Hotel Plaza Boulevard that was worth what they were charging.

7 hours ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

That is the kicker. No way would I book one of those hotels through Disney. I would only stay there if booking through a discounter or with points or something of that nature, Also, if I'm staying offsite, it's because I want to save money, so therefore, I'm staying somewhere on 192. I have never found anything on Hotel Plaza Boulevard that was worth what they were charging.

We've stayed there a couple times getting decent prices using Priceline.

But even booking thru the hotel, you end up paying a parking and resort fee, which can come to a 1/3 of the cost of your discounted room rate.

• 2 months later...

Just announced that The Four Seasons now is participating in this program.

But there is a difference in the Fast Pass.

One difference between the Disney Springs hotels and the new Four Seasons offerings is the 60-day FastPasss+ reservation window. Guests at the Four Seasons still only have access to the same 30-day reservation window that all guests with park tickets have. This is surprising considering that the Four Seasons is much more luxurious and higher end than any of the seven Disney Springs hotels. 

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2018/03/13/four-seasons-orlando-just-got-one-of-the-best-disney-park-perks-out-there

26 minutes ago, geoffdaddy said:

I have to wonder what leverage these resorts had over Disney to allow for this. Doesn't seem like it's in Disney's best interest.

They are all on DISNEY property and probably paying a little more in rent.