Facebook and the fact that many of the old timers have gotten to know each other in person, so bypass communicating on the group and phone/message each other in person or on FB.

I miss the random chatting and just general conversations here.

Threads such as useless random posting, bumping my post count, name that movie, the glitter thread, etc, have all fallen away.

The I am thread is the only one that has really kept going.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will take part of the blame for that.  I have been very sick during 2017 and I am not a very public person.  The WWW group has known because we all talk privately on our phones.  However, I have bee

I’m new too. Staying in a cabin for first time ever next month. Hoping trip goes well and I can get my husband to camp for a week or so after that. Thank you for all who post and share info[emoji4]

I'm still here, you sorry bunch of losers.

5 minutes ago, Avatab.... Steve said:

It's not just here.  I was reading an article a few days ago about how Groups and Organizations of all kinds are slowly declining in membership and the average age of those remaining is climbing steadily.

This trend has been happening for several years now, but it seems to have accelerated very recently.

365 day a year school activities are also a major factor. We "club" camped since 1972 and our kids grew up with that type of vacation and made many friends from all across the country. It was not unusual to have a couple hundred kids and teens at a rally.  Over the last 15 years or so we were lucky to have a couple dozen in attendance because as soon as school ends football camp, cheer camp, soccer camp, band camp etc all starts..  The kids and their families are no longer afforded "family" time. Lord forbid you skip a week, you are then ostracized by the coach(es)..

1 hour ago, Andrew Roberts said:

unfortunately for me it was due to posting topics and then being attacked by know it alls that caused me to loose interest  I still chat and comment about somethings but I don't get involved like I used to ;-(

I agree. Some just have nothing but negative comments, or responses to posts. I guess you get that everywhere though. I have to admit, I'm guilty of not being as active on here though. I'm from KY and only get to the fort once a year if that, so I really don't have a ton to contribute compared to those who frequent the place. I do ask questions when we are prepping for our trip, or when I have a valid comment, but I usually don't just comment for "post count".  I do love this site. Thanks to the admin for the great job they do keeping it going. It's a labor of love I'm sure, but still lots of labor. 

For me the cost is kill me. The Fort was great when it cost $35-80 a night for a site and I went 10-15 times a year But now with the price over $100 a night is hard to justify a long trip anymore and to add my long time girlfriend hates camping and Disney. So my Fort trips are up and back the same day by myself.

I haven’t read all the replies in detail, but I know that my activity on here has all but been eliminated. Life has been extremely busy for our household and my time spent on forums has decreased as well. I still lurk a bit, but not nearly as much as when the kids were all so much younger.

As for camping at The Fort, we are here as I type this for our annual trip, but that is the only time we are able to get here anymore. We used to visit 4-6 times a year [emoji25].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with everyone. Life changes and so do we. I think it comes down to many like myself who says the cost of the fort these days ruined a lot.  I can’t justify $180 a night at peak times for a concrete pad.  We can talk about this forever but I think we all know many people don’t visit the fort anymore due to the price

My thoughts on this subject. As others have stated boards across the Internet are slowing down. Many reasons for this such as social media, people becoming busier in their everyday lives. Many of us here are in what is known as the sandwich generation. Not only are we busy withour own children, spouses and grandchildren (for those who have them), but also our parents.
I read on here regularly. I post as often as I am able. I will tell you the other night while at the ER with my mom and stepdad, I was thankful to know I had a place like this to come to and ask for prayers.
For those of you reading along who may never have posted, please never feel as though you don't have anything to contribute. Believe it or not I am more of an introvert. I cannot pinpoint exactly what it was that got me to become a regular on here, but I do know that I have met some wonderful friends through this board.
For those of you reading who may not post as often as you did before, please know that I still think about you and look forward to reading your posts should you feel called to post again.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

My $.02 worth, I think part of the problem is a lot of us can no longer go to the Fort often, it might be sickness, distance to Fort, having to take care of family members, older age, or money. I know I have had to cut my trips down, I have 1 reservation for next year and my have to cancel it like I had to last year. We would get our Fort fix from some who could make multiple trips a year and give good reports with photos and updates on what was happening at WDW. While we still have some who can go often, trip reports and updates have really gone down. We still enjoy the ones we get, but sometimes they are far between and since photos are harder to post we don't get as many. Also we do not have any active CMs posting that I know of so we do not get as good info as before. I still check in several times a day but a lot of times there is nothing to read that is new. Tom

For me this site is about more than the Fort and Disney. I for one like reading about other places people go camping or vacationing. Yes posting pictures is more difficult lately. Though pictures are wonderful they are not a requirement for a trip report.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm one of those people who don't post much but I read this forum every few days.  So I hope this site has a long and prosperous future.  This forum figures into my near future plans to sell my house next month and move to the fort for a month or two while I look for a house in the area.  Discussions about how hard it is to get a reservation concern me greatly.  I've noticed that I've become a thread killer so I don't post much to keep the discussion going.  

I have a bad habit of getting on here and reading but not always commenting. Also I seem to go through spells of commenting.  Fort Fiends is my go to if I'm taking a break, waiting for something, in general trying to kill some time. There's been a lot of that happening lately with illness in my family but for as much as I check/read on here I haven't been much in the mood to post and unfortunately haven't been or done anything worth posting about. Hoping with the new year we'll be able to make it to the parks more and maybe get in a few camp trips around here. 

Like Yvonne I like reading about other places and things Fiends do besides Disney. 

On 12/29/2017 at 11:11 AM, Starbuc71 said:

Please don’t think I posted this to be negative. I just commented that there’s not as much traffic as there used to be. I encourage new people to join and tell us of their experiences.  As far as people who sell their campers because of fort management antics, I praise those people

I had noticed the slow down also. I think some of the people who posted a lot in the past there kids have grown so life has changed. Remember Stacktester I don't know the last time he posted.

12 minutes ago, LONE-STAR said:

I had noticed the slow down also. I think some of the people who posted a lot in the past there kids have grown so life has changed. Remember Stacktester I don't know the last time he posted.

Yeah. I have no heard or seen Donnie in a long time. Your right about kids growing up and people moving on. I guess I’m still lucky we started camping in 08 when my daughter was 2 and my son was not born yet. They are now 11 and 9. They miss Disney a lot and still love to camp