• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will take part of the blame for that.  I have been very sick during 2017 and I am not a very public person.  The WWW group has known because we all talk privately on our phones.  However, I have bee

I’m new too. Staying in a cabin for first time ever next month. Hoping trip goes well and I can get my husband to camp for a week or so after that. Thank you for all who post and share info[emoji4]

I'm still here, you sorry bunch of losers.

Wallace - Dothan then Alabama State. 

Cool! If you're ever up for heading north, you should join us at one of our AL/TN Grand Gatherings. Unfortunately we had to cancel the one this past fall at Defeated Creek. All the attendees had things come up. Hopefully we can get one planned for the spring.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, momof3kids-Yvonne said:

Cool! If you're ever up for heading north, you should join us at one of our AL/TN Grand Gatherings. Unfortunately we had to cancel the one this past fall at Defeated Creek. All the attendees had things come up. Hopefully we can get one planned for the spring.

You had something come up.  The rest of us couldn't bear to go without you.  

Oh that's right. Jessica would tell you it was because she couldn't be there that everyone started canceling. We are working on her humility. It's a process.

18 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

31 minutes ago, momof3kids-Yvonne said:

Yeah, I wanted to say something about that. I'd been pining to go camping ALLLLLL year. Had to cancel trip after trip cause of the housebuilding or work. Then all ready to go to Defeated Creek, and EVERYBODY cancels on me.  (I've got a complex now!!!!) I think it's a lack of Anna hugs. It must be corrected!!!!

Yeah, I wanted to say something about that. I'd been pining to go camping ALLLLLL year. Had to cancel trip after trip cause of the housebuilding or work. Then all ready to go to Defeated Creek, and EVERYBODY cancels on me.  (I've got a complex now!!!!) I think it's a lack of Anna hugs. It must be corrected!!!!

I suggested a spring trip to DIT. Heck I even said Texas T. We know Bob and Kathy could make that one.

8 minutes ago, momof3kids-Yvonne said:

I suggested a spring trip to DIT. Heck I even said Texas T. We know Bob and Kathy could make that one.

Somebody set a weekend date, (except 2nd weekend in April), and I'll be there!!

On 12/31/2017 at 10:16 AM, DaveInTN said:

You people can cry all you want, but Colston isn't coming back.  

Dave wins. :ROFLMAO-1:

On 12/31/2017 at 11:44 AM, kylemcmahon1 said:

Just wanted to give you guys hope. New people will come on board. My wife and I have a 2 year old. We are taking our first trip to the fort in June. My wife has never been and I was taken twice as a child in a pop up camper in the 80s. I can not wait to return. Have hope there are new people. Thank you for all the info I have read it is helping a lot for my first trip as an adult.

2016 Ram 2500 Cummins diesel
2011 axis A22
2018 outback 325bh

Welcome!

On 12/31/2017 at 3:54 PM, Lantana said:

I’m new too. Staying in a cabin for first time ever next month. Hoping trip goes well and I can get my husband to camp for a week or so after that. Thank you for all who post and share infoemoji4.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome!

On 12/31/2017 at 5:55 PM, Starbuc71 said:

I knew I would pull someone out of the woodwork ?

:bravo:

On 12/28/2017 at 3:36 PM, Starbuc71 said:

Sad thing is this has been ongoing the entire year

I will take part of the blame for that.  I have been very sick during 2017 and I am not a very public person.  The WWW group has known because we all talk privately on our phones.  However, I have been doing all I can just to keep my head up at work.  In addition, I was attacked at school after my surgery (to fix what was wrong) and had to immediately change jobs.  If you noticed, I disappeared.  I didn't mean to but something had to give and that is why I have some other people who help me in the background who I could not thank enough.  My goal in 2018 is to hopefully get everything back up to steam.  I cannot and will not beg people to come back, however, I can recruit new people to stop by for information.  I am not here to spread pixie dust, but the real deal.  I am working on being at Disney more often and reporting from there for the site.  The app will be updated this year come hell or high water and work on all platforms.  (or supergeek will not go to Blizcon, hahaha)  I apologize for not being the admin you expected me to be.  Unfortunately, when I get sick, I get really sick.  I will do better.  We will also be camping more and hopefully we can get some GG's planned for the year as well.  I know it is not much of a comfort for 2017, but it can be a building block for 2018.  Every site goes through ups and downs.  We have had our down and now it is time to go up again.

3 hours ago, AuburnJen said:

I will take part of the blame for that.  I have been very sick during 2017 and I am not a very public person.  The WWW group has known because we all talk privately on our phones.  However, I have been doing all I can just to keep my head up at work.  In addition, I was attacked at school after my surgery (to fix what was wrong) and had to immediately change jobs.  If you noticed, I disappeared.  I didn't mean to but something had to give and that is why I have some other people who help me in the background who I could not thank enough.  My goal in 2018 is to hopefully get everything back up to steam.  I cannot and will not beg people to come back, however, I can recruit new people to stop by for information.  I am not here to spread pixie dust, but the real deal.  I am working on being at Disney more often and reporting from there for the site.  The app will be updated this year come hell or high water and work on all platforms.  (or supergeek will not go to Blizcon, hahaha)  I apologize for not being the admin you expected me to be.  Unfortunately, when I get sick, I get really sick.  I will do better.  We will also be camping more and hopefully we can get some GG's planned for the year as well.  I know it is not much of a comfort for 2017, but it can be a building block for 2018.  Every site goes through ups and downs.  We have had our down and now it is time to go up again.

I had noticed you have been away for quite some time ( There haven't been very many yummy recipe's being posted, lol! )  I hope things are looking up for you, and I look forward to a great 2018!

Right now I am doing really well except I am freezing my flat butt off.  I am very happy that super geek gave my last Christmas this very cool heated blanket for the Jeep.  Now that I have an hour commute to work, it really came in handy this morning!  I didn’t really need it last winter.  I do now!  

I still cannot do sit ups and crunches for karate, but I am back up to 100 jumping jacks four days a week and I passed my advanced green belt test right before Christmas for Tang So Doo.  I broke two boards together with my hand and one with my foot.  

I plan to go to Disney for MLK weekend so hopefully I can keep that going and not have to reschedule like I did NYE.  That one I had to chalk up to my storage place for my pop up.  Ugh

I am tired of being sick, so 2018 for me is a plan to be void of sickness!

I know that a lot of the items I post don't specifically pertain to the Fort, heck some aren't even Disney related.

But I would much rather post items to this board than any other ones I have found and belong to.

Here you can say what you feel, even if it's Disney Bashing... GASP!!! and not be condemned and exiled.

People here have real lives and although we all like Disney and the Fort, other things do matter to us and sometimes we need to get them off our chests.

Yes TR's complete with tons of stunning photos are marvelous, but they can take a lot of time out of our real world lives.

Things ebb and flow, and we will see an uptick to TR's and interesting postings again I'm sure.

8 minutes ago, Travisma said:

I know that a lot of the items I post don't specifically pertain to the Fort, heck some aren't even Disney related.

That's why this isn't just a forum, it's a community. It's also why so many of us have become friends in real life  :)

But I would much rather post items to this board than any other ones I have found and belong to.

Here you can say what you feel, even if it's Disney Bashing... GASP!!! and not be condemned and exiled.

If we exiled everyone that ever "bashed" Disney here, it would be a ghost town.  Appreciation and love of a thing doesn't mean you don't ever have an issue to gripe about with that thing.

People here have real lives and although we all like Disney and the Fort, other things do matter to us and sometimes we need to get them off our chests.

Yes TR's complete with tons of stunning photos are marvelous, but they can take a lot of time out of our real world lives.

Things ebb and flow, and we will see an uptick to TR's and interesting postings again I'm sure.

I think we already have! :lol:

On 1/2/2018 at 10:49 PM, AuburnJen said:

Right now I am doing really well except I am freezing my flat butt off.  I am very happy that super geek gave my last Christmas this very cool heated blanket for the Jeep.  Now that I have an hour commute to work, it really came in handy this morning!  I didn’t really need it last winter.  I do now!  

I still cannot do sit ups and crunches for karate, but I am back up to 100 jumping jacks four days a week and I passed my advanced green belt test right before Christmas for Tang So Doo.  I broke two boards together with my hand and one with my foot.  

I plan to go to Disney for MLK weekend so hopefully I can keep that going and not have to reschedule like I did NYE.  That one I had to chalk up to my storage place for my pop up.  Ugh

I am tired of being sick, so 2018 for me is a plan to be void of sickness!

Sorry to hear you haven't been well and have had a rough year, glad to hear you are doing better. 

2017 seems to have been a rough and or busy year for a lot of people, here's hoping 2018 is much better and we can all get back to doing what we enjoy.  

I'm not sure if it's the new year or this thread but definitely seems something has gotten people posting more, me included. 

On 12/28/2017 at 1:54 PM, Travisma said:

I joined a few FB sites about various  Disney subjects this past year, camping, WDW, Port Orleans

I'm about ready to unfollow the majority of them.

Heaven forbid if you have a negative comment about anything Disney on these sites. Everything is all Pixie Dust 24 hours a day.

The Fort camping site was abuzz about thefts a few weeks ago.  A lot of people posted about thefts but about twice as many said nothing bad has ever happened to them at the fort and that the people that had items stolen were exaggerating the severity.

Other sites, people just whine, oh I can't get the FP i wanted or I only got 10 of the 11 character dinners I wanted so my vacation is ruined!

And they ask the most off the wall questions like will my child like XXX without giving any particulars.

About 99% of them never try to use Google and figure out anything for themselves.

A lot just post on them for drama purposes only it seems.

This site is definitely still the go to site for anything Fort related and just about everything else WDW related.

And yes real life gets in the way of posting and trip reports.

I was going to post pictures of our WDW visit on Thanksgiving weekend but just haven't had the time or energy.

I agree with you on most of the facebook sites.  They either want happily ever after or lots of drama and negativity.  Here you get lots of information with a mix of humor.

So glad I started this thread. It actually pumped some steam back into the boards and pulled out some members that haven’t posted in a long time. Now I need to buy a camper...lol