So.... I thought this was interesting.

During our last visit in November, I met this very nice man.  He and his family were a few sites down from us, in the 700 loop.  He was retired military and then flew for UPS for 15 years.  He and his wife were there, with their daughter and her fiance (additional family was over at the Lodge).  She was in her late 20's and lived in Los Angeles.  She had her masters in music appreciation as a harpist and was looking to get her PhD.  Who knew?!   Probably lots of people...but I had no idea, that there even was such a degree.  Apparently, she does very well out in LA and is in high demand; the PhD would allow her to have more clout and a stronger chance at publishing music that she writes (at least, I think that is what he was explaining ;) ).

Anyway.... all this to day, they were there, because his daughter was getting married.  The folks have lived in Florida for quiet some time and she loves WDW but could not afford Disney's wedding packages.  She was, apparently, talking with a cast member regarding Disney wedding planning and she asked about the Tower of Terror (her favorite ride at the parks).  She asked the CM, if she could get married at ToT and the gal said, "uh, no one has ever asked that before...let me check".   A couple of weeks later, the CM calls this bride and tell her, "Okay, you can do it!".

Long story short:  this couple got married, on the lawn of ToT, after the park closed one night.

How cool is that?! 

10 minutes ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

Very cool. Though I can't imagine that being much cheaper then a Disney wedding package, unless a lot of pixie dust was involved. 

I don't know the amount, I just know that her dad had said it was affordable.  Now, what that means from one person to the next, well.... ?  

But, thought it was really neat as I had never even heard of that even being done.

9 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I haven't heard of a Tower of Terror wedding before, but for a price, you can have a wedding just about anywhere on Disney property.

The official list of venues is quite long:  https://www.disneyweddings.com/florida/wishes/venues/

TCD

What, they don't have the banquet room at PizzeRizzo listed!

I thought the plaque outside of the room said it was set up for a wedding reception!  :lol:

When my daughter got married at Disney she could pick venues in and out of the park. She chose the wedding pavilion. The biggest factor besides price for in park venues was the time limitations. Having to plan a wedding for 8am can be tough if you are having guests. The cost was not as bad as you may think for what we got.

On 12/29/2017 at 1:11 PM, Tri-Circle-D said:

I haven't heard of a Tower of Terror wedding before, but for a price, you can have a wedding just about anywhere on Disney property.

The official list of venues is quite long:  https://www.disneyweddings.com/florida/wishes/venues/

TCD

Wow... I had no idea, that there were so many options!

On 12/29/2017 at 3:02 PM, djsamuel said:

When my daughter got married at Disney she could pick venues in and out of the park. She chose the wedding pavilion. The biggest factor besides price for in park venues was the time limitations. Having to plan a wedding for 8am can be tough if you are having guests. The cost was not as bad as you may think for what we got.

I bet it was, lovely :wub:

On 1/2/2018 at 9:05 AM, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Wow... I had no idea, that there were so many options!

I bet it was, lovely :wub:

It really was an amazing wedding.  I had a trip report on here but the pictures were on photobucket and are now gone.  Here are a few pictures:

She got ready at the Grand Floridian:

ZTEHXdml.jpg

Xna4Swpl.jpg

The ceremony was at the Wedding Pavilion:

LRoz1bTl.jpg

hvi4dH4l.jpg

The reception was at the Atlantic Dance Hall on the Boardwalk:

fZG9BUzl.jpg

And there was a dessert party on the water outside of Italy in Epcot for Illuminations:

3dPxi8Kl.jpg

It was a great time, not as expensive as people think (although it could easily get there) and Disney took care of everything.  All my wife and I needed to do was enjoy it.  The planning took over a year and every meeting with Disney was very enjoyable.

2 minutes ago, djsamuel said:

It really was an amazing wedding.  I had a trip report on here but the pictures were on photobucket and are now gone.  Here are a few pictures:

ZTEHXdml.jpg

Xna4Swpl.jpg

LRoz1bTl.jpg

hvi4dH4l.jpg

fZG9BUzl.jpg

And there was a dessert party on the water outside of Italy in Epcot for Illuminations:

3dPxi8Kl.jpg

It was a great time, not as expensive as people think (although it could easily get there) and Disney took care of everything.  All my wife and I needed to do was enjoy it.  The planning took over a year and every meeting with Disney was very enjoyable.

Oh...wow.  That is truly, lovely.

8 hours ago, djsamuel said:

ZTEHXdml.jpg

Xna4Swpl.jpg

LRoz1bTl.jpg

hvi4dH4l.jpg

fZG9BUzl.jpg

3dPxi8Kl.jpg

Beautiful!!!

Simply beautiful!!!