Live Feed of the New Years Eve Fireworks!!

For those of us not braving the crowds or the high resort prices this time of year, the NYE MK fireworks will be broadcast live tonite :) 11:45 Eastern is when the broadcast begins.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/12/disneyparkslive-watch-new-years-eve-fireworks-from-magic-kingdom-park-december-31/

22 hours ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

For those of us not braving the crowds or the high resort prices this time of year, the NYE MK fireworks will be broadcast live tonite :) 11:45 Eastern is when the broadcast begins.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/12/disneyparkslive-watch-new-years-eve-fireworks-from-magic-kingdom-park-december-31/

THank you for that link - it was lovely to see the fireworks.  BUt I wonder how they got the angles the got?   I wondered if they were using a drone for some othe the shots?

10 minutes ago, lightbikes said:

THank you for that link - it was lovely to see the fireworks.  BUt I wonder how they got the angles the got?   I wondered if they were using a drone for some othe the shots?

I'm sure they've got video quality cameras mounted all over the place. Also, if you looked in the beginning of the video, I saw some scissor lifts near the castle which probably had cameras on them.

Very cool, thanks for sharing Carol.   Would have been neat to see it in person, but oh... the crowds.  The older I get, the harder that gets.  I think if I was able to sit up at the train depot and then sit there for an hour or so after (to let the crowds empty), it might be okay...but I'm tired by 10pm, so who knows.  haha :lol:

Very cool though.

There was a picture somewhere that the monorail line was so long it was inside the magic Kingdom! 

And in Universal in Harry Potter land, they had to cancel 2 performances of the frog choir (or something like that?) because the crowds were so bad they couldn’t get them from backstage area to where they need to be.

The times we've actually been there for New Years, we take the boat over from the Fort a bit before the fireworks, then enter into the courtyard before the train station tunnels. Usually very few people there.

We watch the fireworks from there. You get a better view of the 360 fireworks, and then can make a mad dash for the boat, before the crowds start leaving.

On 1/2/2018 at 9:01 AM, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Very cool, thanks for sharing Carol.   Would have been neat to see it in person, but oh... the crowds.  The older I get, the harder that gets.  I think if I was able to sit up at the train depot and then sit there for an hour or so after (to let the crowds empty), it might be okay...but I'm tired by 10pm, so who knows.  haha :lol:

Very cool though.

On New Years Eve we took a bus from Fort Wilderness to Animal Kingdom.  The traffic into Magic Kingdom was backed up from the toll booths past Buena Vista Drive!  People couldn't even get into Epcot unless they were coming in via 536.  When we returned from Animal Kingdom around 2PM, the line was still just about as long, but the toll booths were shut down, and everybody was just sitting there.  My wife and I took another bus in the afternoon to Hollywood Studios to meet up with our daughter and son in law.  Studios wasn't bad at all, very nice in fact.  Then we headed back around 8PM and watched the Magic Kingdom fireworks from the beach.  The night before, they had the New Years Eve fireworks as well, so we watched the 6:30 show from the Magic Kingdom to fewer crowds, but still crowded.