The Fort and Firearms, new policy?

On 1/5/2018 at 9:16 AM, mamiller said:

I read that post. I was amazed how many people said they will just lie. Disney does read these groups postings. So they just flagged themselves.

Maybe we can start to be able to get reservations like we used to again, lol

8 hours ago, Andrew Roberts said:

Today entering the magic kingdom the guy in front of me set off the metal detector. They did the wand search found he had a leatherman tool. Measured the blade on it and gave it back to him and said that it was fine have a nice day. 

That’s a big change from this summer when they wouldn’t even allow me to bring in a box cutter holder without the blade.

10 hours ago, Andrew Roberts said:

Today entering the magic kingdom the guy in front of me set off the metal detector. They did the wand search found he had a leatherman tool. Measured the blade on it and gave it back to him and said that it was fine have a nice day. 

We did a bag check at the TTC on Friday, and luckily I didn't have to go thru the metal detector.

About 2 hours later I realized that I had my knife with about a 5 inch blade clipped to my pocket.  I had meant to leave it in my truck and forgot all about it.

Only good thing was we were parked within walking distance, so it wouldn't have been too bad to take it back to the truck.

10 hours ago, Andrew Roberts said:

What is the measurement allowed. Where I come from, you not dressed if you don't have a knife in your pocket. I have carried a knife for over 60 years and even have a Sunday Knife to carry to church with me, It is very small, about a 2" blade.

7 minutes ago, BigTom said:

What is the measurement allowed. Where I come from, you not dressed if you don't have a knife in your pocket. I have carried a knife for over 60 years and even have a Sunday Knife to carry to church with me, It is very small, about a 2" blade.

They made me lock that one up in a what looked like a mailbox over at the MK a while back, and that was before the scanners.  One of the guards happened to see the clip barely sticking out below my t shirt. 

I can't believe I forgot to take it out of my pocket this time.

I don't know if they have a hard fast rule.  I used to have a keychain folding knife with a blade that was about 3/4 inch long and that was never an issue. It was good for cleaning nails and slitting tape on boxes.

But we went to a show at Ruth Eckerd Hall in Clearwater, and they wouldn't allow it.

I got pulled aside by a security officer and a plain clothes county sheriff's deputy a few years ago entering Epcot through the no bag entrance.

The deputy showed me his badge and asked me to hand over my knife. He opened it and measured the blade against his badge. The blade wasn't as long as his badge so he said I was good. I think he said at the time there was a maximum blade length of 3". I told him we were at FW and I clipped it in my pocket as force of habit.

He suggested I leave it at the camper the rest of my stay to prevent any more stops by security, which I do to this day when visiting the Mouse.

My boys still joke about it saying they were hoping to see me get tazered.

In Alabama your vehicle is an extension of your home and a permit is not required to carry a gun locked securely inside. Also employers can't stop employees from having a gun in their car as long it is secured. 

All states touching Alabama have reciprocity for gun laws. The Fort can pound sand.