First Christmas-time at Disney/Fort Wilderness

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Our first Christmas at the Fort / Disney – We were supposed to be there 12/10-12/15, however due to a wedding that our daughter was in our final exams for our son, I knew that week would be not d

Thanks - and number one spot too~ Thanks for joining.  You are welcome - I struggle with finding the time to do reports once we get back..but will keep this one going. Thanks and you are

Thanks for following along - Monday -First full day at Disney and the Fort. DH, DD, and I went looping that morning and headed to MK for a little while. We went to the Arribas Bros store and

I can't see your pics :( 

The gingerbread house is so neat!  We visit it, each time we're there and it's up.  Always amazed at the amount of ingredients.  Where else did we see that.... oh, Beach Club. They had a gingerbread carousal that was amazing!

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Sorry, but I'm still not able to see your photos from your last two posts. Thanks for trying- I wish there was an easier way  

TCD

ugh!  well - I will try something else....google doesn't want to cooperate.

Hopefully the latest change worked - if not I am considering giving up on the pictures.

Day 3 continued... Animal Kingdom - 

DD and I had FP for the river ride at Animal Kingdom, so she and I headed over there.  We rode the ride ( I had ridden twice back in October) she loved the animatronics and all that, but was very disappointed that it was so short.  After that, I needed to head to the little girls room – so we went to the one in Pandora (yes a reason I am telling this), she waited on me outside.  While washing my hands, there is a lady taking pictures of her girls in the bathroom…which I wondered what was so great about the bathroom that you needed a pic.  So as I was exiting I heard the mom say oh we love your show…  So out I went, and told DD that someone in the bathroom must be “somebody” and as the girl came out to walk with the cast member she was with, I was informed it was Peyton List from Disney Channel – my kids outgrew Disney Channel a while ago, but daughter knew who it was.  We tried to get a picture, but she walked away too fast.  The cast member took her towards Na’vi River, and then we lost her.

G6uRkKf.jpg

Jt9PwIq.jpg  DA66r2J.jpg

G0p39zJ.jpg

After that, DH had a FP for Flights of passage, however, he didn’t want to ride it, and didn’t come to the park with us, so I thought I would just switch it over to DD.  It wouldn’t let me, since she had already ridden Na’vi River.  We asked the CM at the kiosk, and she said if we had his magic band, we might be able to get her on the ride, but we didn’t have it.  So it was just 30 minutes so we waited to see if the ride CM would let her on.  We stopped at a food cart and shared a Pulled Pork mac –n – cheese – it was good.  I don’t like pickles so dd ate those and I ate the green onions, so it worked out great.

gyqN8FA.jpg

After finishing our food we went to watch It's Tough to Be a Bug and then headed back to Flights of Passage.  A big Boo to Disney Magic on this one.  We knew it was a long shot, but the CM said absolutely no way could my dd ride flights of passage using DH’s FP – which I kind of understand, but she wasn’t even nice about it.  So, we headed back to the bus and back to the Fort. Good Bye, Animal Kingdom.  I did stop to look at the Tree and take some pics...  I know some people love Animal Kingdom, but it is our least favorite park, not sure why, but we rarely visit it.

mIlL8PQ.jpg yqtM0dY.jpg

JmdtpMz.jpg

0gQ0xkg.jpg,

Wilderness Lodge, and Magic Kingdom still to go.

26 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Tough to be a bug, is a ride?  I didn't know that.  I always thought is was an animatronics show and the kids never wanted to do it.  Probably because I told them it was a show ?

Pandora...have yet to visit!

Tough to Be a Bug is a 3-D movie with some animatronics and other effects. It actually can get quite loud and intense for younger/sensitive children. Lots of loud noises, creepy crawlings dropping from the ceiling, and stuff in the seats that physically blow air on you or the seat bottoms moving.

3 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

I see all the pics now too.  Thanks for sticking with it.  They are great.  And the pork mac n cheese looks good! 

you are welcome, thanks for sticking with reading it!  The mac n cheese was really good - just not quite enough.

1 hour ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Tough to be a bug, is a ride?  I didn't know that.  I always thought is was an animatronics show and the kids never wanted to do it.  Probably because I told them it was a show ?

Pandora...have yet to visit!

not a ride - I went and changed it to watched.  As Carol said it can be intense.  my dd still didn't like it.

1 hour ago, Mrs.TN22 said:

you are welcome, thanks for sticking with reading it!  The mac n cheese was really good - just not quite enough.

not a ride - I went and changed it to watched.  As Carol said it can be intense.  my dd still didn't like it.

Gotcha!

2 hours ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

Tough to Be a Bug is a 3-D movie with some animatronics and other effects. It actually can get quite loud and intense for younger/sensitive children. Lots of loud noises, creepy crawlings dropping from the ceiling, and stuff in the seats that physically blow air on you or the seat bottoms moving.

Thank you...that's what I thought and now I remember why I've never taken them to it.  Our daughter especially, is very sensitive to those things.  

Peyton List?  Never heard of her. I used to know every Disney Channel star. They were a Big Deal for the TCD DD's. Now, I'd be hard pressed to name one. Funny how times change. TCD Twin #1's roommate is a VIP tour guide, and recently spent the day as the tour guide for one of the "stars" of the Descendants movies. I didn't recognize the kid's name, but he was one of the main characters. 

Too bad about the FOP CM not being nice. Word on the street is that is a very high stress attraction to work at. Still, no excuse for anyone to be rude. 

Looking forward to more of your report  

TCD

In late but enjoying your TR.

Bugs Life is fun but noisy and can be scary for sensitive people, young and old.  It's fun for me to take a newbie and watch them enjoy the experience.  I sit in the back so i can see the reactions of folks in front of me.

Have not been to AK to see the new stuff, but it is one of my favorite parks, mainly because of the Safari ride and those beautiful tigers!

Do you remember the days when perfect strangers would give their fast passes away because they weren't going to use them?  Guess from your experience that can't happen these days.  BTW  can you guess I am not a fan of the current way to get FPs.

On 1/15/2018 at 7:30 PM, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

Animal kingdom isn't one of out favorite parks either. One of these days we'll get over to see Pandora. 

Nice to know we aren't the only ones!

On 1/16/2018 at 8:34 AM, Tri-Circle-D said:

Peyton List?  Never heard of her. I used to know every Disney Channel star. They were a Big Deal for the TCD DD's. Now, I'd be hard pressed to name one. Funny how times change. TCD Twin #1's roommate is a VIP tour guide, and recently spent the day as the tour guide for one of the "stars" of the Descendants movies. I didn't recognize the kid's name, but he was one of the main characters. 

Too bad about the FOP CM not being nice. Word on the street is that is a very high stress attraction to work at. Still, no excuse for anyone to be rude. 

Looking forward to more of your report  

TCD

I didn't know who she was either.  She played on Jessie and in the Diary of a Wimpy Kid movie series.  I used to also know all of the Disney Channel people too.

On 1/19/2018 at 1:11 PM, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

In late but enjoying your TR.

Bugs Life is fun but noisy and can be scary for sensitive people, young and old.  It's fun for me to take a newbie and watch them enjoy the experience.  I sit in the back so i can see the reactions of folks in front of me.

Have not been to AK to see the new stuff, but it is one of my favorite parks, mainly because of the Safari ride and those beautiful tigers!

Do you remember the days when perfect strangers would give their fast passes away because they weren't going to use them?  Guess from your experience that can't happen these days.  BTW  can you guess I am not a fan of the current way to get FPs.

I do remember getting blessed with unwanted fastpasses or being able to give them away...memories :)

After returning to the Fort – we found that DH and DS had been to MK to get DS’ AP card, and to pick up a gift for his girlfriend.  They had then went to Grand Floridian to see the Gingerbread house and had late unch at Gasparilla Grill.  I am now officially the only one in my family who hasn’t stepped foot into Gasparilla Grill.  I will have to put on my list to do for next time.

It was after 5 – so we went to the Trail’s End parking and walked to the bus stop to catch a bus to Wilderness Lodge for dinner.  DS stayed at campground as he wasn’t hungry, and DH just came along for the company. 

I haven’t ever stayed at Wilderness Lodge but if we do ever come back to visit and aren’t camping, I think this is where I would like to stay.  The Poly was always my favorite, and we’ve stayed there a few times, but it’s not the same since “upgrades” were made.  It doesn’t even smell the same.  Oh well – we went to Roaring Fork for dinner.  DD had the Grilled chicken on roasted garlic focaccia, and I had the Gourmet Grilled Cheese.  DD said hers was very good, and I really enjoyed to grilled cheese.  My only complaint was that I would have preferred fries to tater tots, but I survived.  At least the tots were fried crispy and not soggy. Sorry, no pics of the food, just didn’t think to take any pics.

After eating we went to the lobby and I took some pictures.  Playing with the settings again, trying to get used to this camera.

J3GzXkE.jpg

P7TMV7c.jpg

IT8JD3m.jpg

After that we took the bus back to the Fort.  The kids and I then left DH at the Fort and we took the bus to MK.  Finally – a non party night where we could enjoy MK at dark.  We rode the People Mover,  and the kids rode the Tomorrow Land speedway.  This used to be their favorite ride.  When we would be here during spring break and no parties to worry about we closed down MK every night, and if this ride didn’t have a wait they would ride it over and over.  Oh the memories…

Anyway- we walked around and just enjoyed the park, got a few pics of the castle and then headed back.  Can’t remember what time it was – close to 11, I think.

LF6l6Lx.jpg  R0N3ETt.jpg

r9KQPQr.jpg pmpvTXa.jpg

Next day will be Epcot and Disney Springs

Thursday – Epcot & Disney Springs

Did some looping this morning – a few pics of daytime decorations

H90mN98.jpg

5o6eer5.jpg

ZEXwYbW.jpg

DwWWDGG.jpg

UFxOpZd.jpg

DD and I originally had FP for Frozen at 5pm.  Through consistent checking and refreshing for about 30 minutes one night I was able to get them for 12:30 – that made the day a little easier and not having to be planning around a 5:00 FP.  We headed to Epcot so enjoy some more of the Festival of Holidays and just spend some time at Epcot.

I didn’t get many food pics this day – but I managed to get this one of the pasta from Italy- the name of it escapes me at the moment, but it was fusilli pasta with cheese, prosciutto and onions.  Sounded amazing, and with the $8 price tag was the most expensive thing I had bought at the festival.  Well – it was very underwhelming.  I would not have purchased this again. 

OX7cwL0.jpg

The time came time for DD and I to use our Frozen FP.  I am not good at taking pics in that ride..but thought with the new camera I just might finally be able to get a great shot of Elsa – and I did!! <_<

AEJ14iS.jpg

Yes, folks…. She has no face!  We didn’t bother trying to ride again or asking for another FP, we have ridden it before and know what Elsa looks like, but all those poor kids in our boat were not happy – and when we go to the boat unloading part – people were complaining.  As we were walking through the exit hallway, they shut the ride down.. we called that one. 

Um0DAai.jpg

yJqdsqj.jpg lWG4Ztn.jpg

obZK1hP.jpg

7Y8bLPF.jpg

Whie in France we did stop at Les Halles - we had the chocolate caramel tarte, the raspberry parfait, and the strawberry tarte

QYWt98n.jpg

1wL4eh1.jpg

vYLrjIU.jpg

mG9a3Xk.jpg

We headed back to the Fort for a  bit and then headed to Disney Springs for dinner.