Another Blackeye for the Monorails

Walt Disney World Monorail Door Opens While In Motion With Guests On Board [VIDEO]

Walt Disney World offers all sorts of different transportation for guests visiting its parks and resorts, but it certainly seems as if an upgrade is needed on its monorails. A video is now making the social media rounds and it has people in a frenzy as it shows guests riding on a monorail to Epcot with one of the doors wide open. This is an extremely frightening situation considering the train is indeed in motion and they’re very high up in the air.

WDWNT has pointed out that new “Caution” stickers have been put up in every single monorail car.

I noticed stickers above the doors that said do not lean on the doors with a drawing also.  That was this past Friday.

FULL STORY with video (maybe)

https://www.inquisitr.com/4726382/walt-disney-world-monorail-door-opens-while-in-motion-with-guests-on-board-video/

5 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

You know, people can never be happy.  On the one hand, they are always complaining that Disney doesn't have enough thrill rides.  And now those same people are going to complain about this.  

:ROFLMAO-1:

You know, I'll bet that current Disney Mngmt looks at the Monorails the same way they look at the Fort:

An outdated, outmoded piece of Walt Disney's original Dream for his parks that they are not sure what to do with,  they know that they can't just get rid of,  they don't want to spend any of their precious money on it unless they absolutely have to, and they sure as hell aren't going to expand it.

Bring in more buses, that's the answer!    To hell with what Walt and the Imagineers wanted.....   

Oh gosh... see I guess I'm the only one who saw this and thought (knowing that everyone is safe)... "cool".   That's quite the experience!  Again, I know it was could have been tragic (Praise God it was not!!), but knowing that everyone was safe.. not horrible. 

15 hours ago, PGHFiend said:

They'll have to hang up more band-aid scented christmas tree air fresheners. 

Oh my gosh... YES!!!  I'm always saying, that it smells like band-aids.  The kids agree with me, but Tom thinks I'm nuts. Haha :lol:

Just now, desiphil said:

When the kids were younger and we brought the double stroller, we would push it to within an inch of those doors with the girls facing out, not strapped in.. This is pretty scary.

I do the same thing, as recent as May 2017.  I guess I'll have to re-think that.

WBI

I wonder when this happened?

The first post I saw on Tuesday said it had happened a "couple" of days earlier.

We were there last Friday, and the do not lean stickers were already in place above every door.

So either they had the stickers already printed and were going to place them, or they had Super Pixie Dust and got them designed, printed, and installed in record time.

1 hour ago, DaveInTN said:

So maybe I'm out of the loop but are there plans to shut down the Epcot line permanently or is it for refurb or not at all.  

Ok I read the original whatever you want to call it on http://screamscape.com/html/walt_disney_world_resort.htm#EpcotResort  all it says about the Epcot line closing is "but the one item that I'm told has become 100% necessary is the eventual closure of the Epcot Monorail line." Nothing about by who or when this was said. 

oh well wait and see like the rest of the rumors. 

3 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Lou could only hope.   :lol:

I've been saying for at least ten years that the Monorails should be an attraction and not a means of transportation at WDW. Based on the fact that Monorails transport a small percentage of the total number of guests at WDW, roughly 15%, it wouldn't have that much of an impact. It's been proven over and over that buses are much cheaper, usually quicker and as a result, more efficient. Ya, I know, they're not cool looking.

It's time to prolong whatever life they have left by reducing their operating hours by converting them to an attraction.