Rumor: Extra Fastpasses for Club Level

There is a rumor that club level guests will be offered extra fastpasses for $50 per person per day.

http://blogmickey.com/2018/01/rumor-additional-paid-fastpasses-offered-club-level-guests/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

39 minutes ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

There is a rumor that club level guests will be offered extra fastpasses for $50 per person per day.

http://blogmickey.com/2018/01/rumor-additional-paid-fastpasses-offered-club-level-guests/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gee, Disney is lagging behind Busch/Seaworld Parks.  They have always charged for their versions of fast passes.

I like fastpasses, but I wouldn't pay anymore to have extra. I guess the difference is we can go more often and have seen and done everything we want to. Most of the time I make our 3 fastpasses and that's all we'll do that day or may hit standby lines if they aren't long. 

I do wish you could make fastpasses ahead of time for different parks on the same day. For example 2 at MK, 1 at HS. 

I'm not sure if this solely about getting more rides in.  Think about the poor Super Disney Mommies who can no longer hire a disabled person to jump the lines due to the nasty press about that tactic a couple of years ago.   They just know in their hearts that they are better than the people who stay at Pop Century, All Stars, the campground, and even those in the lower floors of their own hotel.   So Disney has found another way to capitalize on the Super Mommies' need to make sure her little Buffy and Jodie has a more magical experience than any other kid, proven by her Instagram story and the bragging she'll do in the pick up line at Buffy's prep school back in Rye Brook.

9 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

I'm not sure if this solely about getting more rides in.  Think about the poor Super Disney Mommies who can no longer hire a disabled person to jump the lines due to the nasty press about that tactic a couple of years ago.   They just know in their hearts that they are better than the people who stay at Pop Century, All Stars, the campground, and even those in the lower floors of their own hotel.   So Disney has found another way to capitalize on the Super Mommies' need to make sure her little Buffy and Jodie has a more magical experience than any other kid, proven by her Instagram story and the bragging she'll do in the pick up line at Buffy's prep school back in Rye Brook.

If those ladies want to pay extra that’s fine. Because It’s a family affair.   

16 hours ago, slices said:

And Universal although at least they include them with some of the onsite hotels.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

When we went last Summer to US we stayed at an on-site hotel because of the benefit of early hours, etc.   

So the marketing worked on us. Why wouldn’t it work at Disney?  

If I was Disney I would raise the price of the club level/ concierge rooms and give them the extra FPs.  I wouldn’t sell them.  They would make the same money but it wouldn’t look like what it actually is...a money grab. 

9 hours ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

I like fastpasses, but I wouldn't pay anymore to have extra. I guess the difference is we can go more often and have seen and done everything we want to. Most of the time I make our 3 fastpasses and that's all we'll do that day or may hit standby lines if they aren't long. 

I do wish you could make fastpasses ahead of time for different parks on the same day. For example 2 at MK, 1 at HS. 

^this^

57 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

If those ladies want to pay extra that’s fine. Because It’s a family affair.   

Very good reference but they forgot Sissy 

If I was springing for Club level during a super busy time of year I could see the advantage of having extra FP.

But I know lots of people (many of them here - including the person that started this thread) that go during the busiest of times regularly and make it work quite well with just the standard 3. Would 3 more be better?  Probably, but not sure if it's $50 better.

I'll be interested to hear how the extra 3 are handled when it comes to the parks that have tiered FPs.  3 more FP don't do you much good when you can still only get one for Soarin *or* Test Track.  Then again I'm not sure where I'd even use 6 FP at Epcot.

22 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

If I was springing for Club level during a super busy time of year I could see the advantage of having extra FP.

But I know lots of people (many of them here - including the person that started this thread) that go during the busiest of times regularly and make it work quite well with just the standard 3. Would 3 more be better?  Probably, but not sure if it's $50 better.

I'll be interested to hear how the extra 3 are handled when it comes to the parks that have tiered FPs.  3 more FP don't do you much good when you can still only get one for Soarin *or* Test Track.  Then again I'm not sure where I'd even use 6 FP at Epcot.

6  fast passes would be hard to use at every part except the MK.  Especially if they remain tiered.  

once Toy Story an HS opens at HS it would be nice to have more FPs  

Epcot- Soarin, TT, Mission Space, frozen, character meet, & figment.  

6 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

If this rumor is true, I think the three extra FP's would have to be those any time any attraction FP's. They wouldn't be worth $50 if they were limited by tiers or availability. 

TCD

Agree. 

They could do it like US and their FPs. You have a choice of buying a pass that get you to the front of the line once for every major attraction or you can buy a pass that gets you to the front line  as many times as you like. 

4 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

If this rumor is true, I think the three extra FP's would have to be those any time any attraction FP's. They wouldn't be worth $50 if they were limited by tiers or availability. 

TCD

You're missing the point.

It's not whether or not the FP's are for any good rides, it's like Dave posted, the bragging she'll do. 

A lot of these people purchase everything Disney throws at them, just so they can one up each other.

They don't care if they use what they purchased, enjoy, it, or even consider if it was worth it.

They just want to tell everyone that they did (whatever is the latest most $$) at WDW.

Years ago our friends sister and family came to Tampa and drove to the MK late one morning.  They were back in town by 7 that night saying they saw everything there was to see. They did I think 2 rides and saw 1 show, but she couldn't wait to get back to NY and tell everyone in her circle that they went to Disney!

33 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

6  fast passes would be hard to use at every part except the MK.  Especially if they remain tiered.  

once Toy Story an HS opens at HS it would be nice to have more FPs  

Epcot- Soarin, TT, Mission Space, frozen, character meet, & figment.  

Agreed.  Toy Story Land and eventually Star Wars Land will make extra FPs a much bigger deal.

17 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD

Agreed.

3 minutes ago, Travisma said:

It's not whether or not the FP's are for any good rides, it's like Dave posted, the bragging she'll do. 

A lot of these people purchase everything Disney throws at them, just so they can one up each other.

They don't care if they use what they purchased, enjoy, it, or even consider if it was worth it.

They just want to tell everyone that they did (whatever is the latest most $$) at WDW.

Ugh - that's sad.  But yeah, I know people like that - if it's costs more, it must be better, no matter what it is, and if you're not paying for it you're missing out.  :wacko:

1 hour ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

450836296888e384b2a7c628983f0bab.jpg

I'm sure some people here have no idea what this is, but it made me smile because that show was my absolute favorite when I was a kid.

When we went to US we stayed in one of the on-site hotels specifically to get the head of the line passes and it definitely was worth it. But there it wasn't per person it was per room and we had 5 in our room so the cost was pretty reasonable.  That was back in 2011 and 2012 so I'm not sure if it's still the same. $50 per person per day is pretty steep. But then I'm only a Club Level wannabe.

The WDWMAGIC site posted an article adding additional details the rumor:

For $50 plus tax per guest per day, guests staying in eligible rooms who have purchased a 3 day or longer theme park ticket or an annual pass are able to purchase a theme park extra to receive the following:

• Three additional FastPass+ selections per day. FastPass+ attractions and entertainment experiences, the number of selections you can make and available arrival windows are limited.

• The opportunity to reserve these three additional FastPass+ selections in more than one theme park when a valid Park Hopper option is also purchased with the ticket.

• A booking window of up to 90 days in advance for these three additional FastPass+ selections and the ability to book them at multiple top-tier attractions. Guests may not repeat the same FastPass+ attraction during a single day.

• Preferred viewing location for nighttime spectaculars, one per day, including Happily Ever After at Magic Kingdom Park, Illuminations: Reflections of Earth at Epcot, Fantasmic! at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Rivers of Light at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park. 

---------------------

there are a lot more details in the article:

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/theme-park-extra/news/10jan2018-theme-park-extra-test-allows-certain-guests-to-purchase-additional-fastpass.htm

it sounds like they are limiting the FP selection somewhat- but the are allowing a 90 day advance booking window, without tier restrictions.

These details make this rumor sound true  

TCD

WDWNT just posting this rumor as "confirmed" 7 minutes ago. And given their post looks identical to WDWMagic, I'd venture a guess they're pulling this right off the Hub like they often do.

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2018/01/confirmed-club-level-guests-can-buy-fastpasses-90-day-booking-window-preferred-nighttime-show-viewing-new-theme-park-extra-offering/

So 90 days in advance instead of 60, interesting....that would help guarantee you get an attraction you wanted.  Also the multi-park option is nice.

This all reminds me of DCL and the Castaway Cay Cabanas, people are nuts for those things and pay tons of money for a concierge cabin just so they can pay tons for money for a cabana.

WBI