ccweaver

Full hookup loop request suggestions

I’ve read through a lot of suggestions and I’m thankful for all the advice on the forums.  We are booked for a full hookup site the end of Janurary and I’m in the middle of writing the fax for site requests.  

We are not newbies to WDW, but definitely newbies to the Fort.

we have 3 families one family has 4 kids ages 8-1, one family has 3 kids ages 9-4, and grandparents.   I already have the request of away from the canal and busy roads for my 1.5 year old explorer..   

we will be renting 2 golf carts, plus bikes. I’m a little at odds with myself. I want a quieter site because I have little kids that will need their sleep after a long day at the parks, but also want to be in site that’s easy to get to/from since we have little kids on a golf cart.

Any other loop advice suggestions are appreciated.

(truthfully I wish we were in a Premium site, but we were trying to be cost conscious for the entire family)

thanks!!

There are 5 full hook up loops. Four of them, 1600-1900, are right next to each other in the same area, and 2100 is off by itself. Since you have golf carts, it really doesn't matter which of the five loops you end up on. 1600 and 1700 are definitely the most popular full hook up loops. 

If you are looking for quiet, 1900 would be your best bet, followed by 1800. 

TCD

5 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

There are 5 full hook up loops. Four of them, 1600-1900, are right next to each other in the same area, and 2100 is off by itself. Since you have golf carts, it really doesn't matter which of the five loops you end up on. 1600 and 1700 are definitely the most popular full hook up loops. 

If you are looking for quiet, 1900 would be your best bet, followed by 1800. 

TCD

When we were there through Christmas and new years we walked around the 1900 loop.  That is a really nice loop as is the 1800.  I never really appreciated how nice they are until this trip.  The only drawback would be the distance from the Settlement.

5 hours ago, djsamuel said:

When we were there through Christmas and new years we walked around the 1900 loop.  That is a really nice loop as is the 1800.  I never really appreciated how nice they are until this trip.  The only drawback would be the distance from the Settlement.

To me the 1900 loop has very narrow pads and the area around the pads drop off significantly in many areas. They tried filling the low areas once, but they have mostly washed away. You should see it back there during the rainy season, these islands surrounded by water.

1800 is pretty nice

20 hours ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

To me the 1900 loop has very narrow pads and the area around the pads drop off significantly in many areas. They tried filling the low areas once, but they have mostly washed away. You should see it back there during the rainy season, these islands surrounded by water.

1800 is pretty nice

That is good to know. Thanks!

Love the video of the "flooding" in the 1900 loop.  For those of you not from Florida, note the trees in that loop.  It was built in a Cypress Tree swamp!  Whenever you buy a home in Florida the first thing you look for is Cypress Trees because that's where the water is going to be someday - SWAMP!  Beautiful trees - but, look at the skirt (wide base) on the tree and see where the high water mark is - LOL!  The Fort is great, no matter what, but those trees are a dead giveaway about water level - especially if you camp in the rainy summer season.  

2 hours ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

Most of Disney is or at one time was a Cypress swamp. 

That's why the land was so cheap..... "Can I interest you in some swamp land in Florida?" Disney actually said YES!!

On 1/11/2018 at 9:11 PM, mouseketab.....Carol said:

1800 is pretty nice

I agree with Carol.  We got caught on one of those islands years ago.  And the land dropped away from the pad so steeply that we couldn't even put our chairs out under the awning.

1 hour ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

That's why the land was so cheap..... "Can I interest you in some swamp land in Florida?" Disney actually said YES!!

But he got one hell of a "return on investment".