Help me decide - dining reservations

53 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

A quick serve is a quick serve. If that's what you want to eat, go to a Deluxe or moderate resort- the atmosphere and surroundings are nicer, but the food is basically the same. 

TCD 

Agree 100% with the additional thought there are a few differences in quantity and selection.  We always go to Port Orleans French Quarter.  They have a two biscuit sausage and gravy breakfast for $3.99 that is really good.  Pop Century has a one biscuit sausage and gravy breakfast also for $3.99 and the sausage gravy is different, but still good.  Much better breakfast at Port Orleans for a similar meal.

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

The Disney Value Resorts all have huge food courts with a lot to choose from. All of the food comes from a centralized location, so the burgers, fries, chicken nuggets or whatever are the same here as what you'll find at all of the quick serve places throughout the WDW property. The Mickey waffles here are the same as you will find at a Deluxe resort's quick serve restaurant. It's all Disney-quality food  

There are variations on the menus from resort to resort. For example, Pop Century serves a nice chicken Parmesan dish at its food court. 

A quick serve is a quick serve. If that's what you want to eat, go to a Deluxe or moderate resort- the atmosphere and surroundings are nicer, but the food is basically the same. 

TCD 

Thanks for the info.  We'll still visit to see the sites, but will likely not be going just to eat.

26 minutes ago, djsamuel said:

Agree 100% with the additional thought there are a few differences in quantity and selection.  We always go to Port Orleans French Quarter.  They have a two biscuit sausage and gravy breakfast for $3.99 that is really good.  Pop Century has a one biscuit sausage and gravy breakfast also for $3.99 and the sausage gravy is different, but still good.  Much better breakfast at Port Orleans for a similar meal.

I guess I was just a bit surprised, I know they are value resorts, but I thought they'd at least have one table service restaurant.  We still want to go see them all just to say we have, but dining won't be the reason.

32 minutes ago, DavinD said:

I guess I was just a bit surprised, I know they are value resorts, but I thought they'd at least have one table service restaurant.  We still want to go see them all just to say we have, but dining won't be the reason.

I would pick Art of Animation as a starter. Their food court is the most unique of the Value resorts, and the exterior theming at the resort is phenominal. Try to go at dusk.