It's going to get more crowded, if that's even possible.

From Orlando Weekly

New York Times lists Disney Springs among top places to go in 2018

Disney Springs, the Mouse's solution to tourists not visiting downtown Orlando, was recently placed on the New York Times list of 52 places to go in 2018. 

The shopping and retail area ranked 41 on the list, behind Branson, Missouri. Other destinations on the list included: Bristol, England; Chandigarh, India; Belgrade, Serbia, and the Route of Parks, Chile. 

From author Nell McShane Wulfhart: 

The Walt Disney World-adjacent neighborhood Downtown Disney is now the redesigned and expanded Disney Springs, an unexpected culinary destination with a focus on grown-ups. Rick Bayless, Masaharu Morimoto, Wolfgang Puck and Art Smith have all opened restaurants here, and George Miliotes is launching a wine bar in spring 2018 that will be the only master sommelier-led wine bar in the state. There are boutiques, a House of Blues and partying opportunities aplenty — all giving adults a new reason to go to Disney.

Plus, they have a Uniqlo, "Florida's most popular store."

The sentence about Uniqlo is in reference to this story

Uniqlo is Florida's most popular store, says an incredibly dumb Business Insider article

Posted By Colin Wolf on Wed, Dec 27, 2017 at 4:14 pm

clothing-stores-map.png
Did you know that Uniqlo is Florida's most popular chain? Do you even know what Uniqlo is? No? It's OK, because there's literally only one location in the entire state.  

A recent article from Business Insider attempts to identify each state's most popular "department stores, clothing stores, and big box store chains" by using arguably the dumbest methodology in existence, Foursquare. 

According to the incredibly misinformed article, "Foursquare looked at the average number of visits per store in each state to determine its ranking. That allowed for some smaller chains like Uniqlo and Fred Meyer to beat out Walmart and Target in some states." 

So basically, because some people who use Fourquare checked in to Uniqlo in Disney Springs, the store is now the "most popular store in Florida." That's like saying the most popular pizza place in Orlando is the Pizza Hut Express inside the Target on Colonial Drive because a ton of people walk by it every day. 

Uniqlo – which, don't get me wrong, is a fine department store – may very well be the most visited single store in Florida (according to the people who check in on Foursquare), but it is without a doubt the least deserving of that headline. 

If you've spent more than five minutes in Florida, you can probably think of a few. 

Interesting list. I definitely would not have put New Orleans as a number one destination to visit in 2018. Yes it’s celebrating its 300 year anniversary but I can think of dozens of places including many on that list that I’d rather visit in 2018. I was also surprised to see Branson Missouri at number 21 on the list.  Don’t get me wrong I love Branson but I don’t think I would tell people you have to visit it this year. LOL

Interesting list that includes both entire countries - Iceland, Lithuania  and specific locations  - "Downtown Denver."  What about the rest of Denver? and why all of Baltimore for example. Beautiful photographs though. Makes me want to go to all of them. Although maybe not Cincinnati unless they've finished that highway construction. 

Never heard of Uniglo..... also never heard of Primark, which is listed as the most popular in Massachusetts? Lived here most of my life, first time I've ever seen that name...LOL!

Also interesting that most of the country by far shops at either Walmart or Target, but New York goes to Bloomingdales....  :lol:

I couldn't imagine why Bristol, England was on this list - and after reading why I still can't imagine that city on this list.  As for the Bristol Old Vic, why go to Bristol for theatre when there are so many other wonderful theatres in London and its environs.  And train service is a reason to go to Bristol?  I think not.  Bristol is quaint and an old seaport that is no longer functioning, but IMHO, at best it's a comfortable overnight stop to someplace more interesting.

5 hours ago, Avatab.... Steve said:

Never heard of Uniglo..... also never heard of Primark, which is listed as the most popular in Massachusetts? Lived here most of my life, first time I've ever seen that name...LOL!

Also interesting that most of the country by far shops at either Walmart or Target, but New York goes to Bloomingdales....  :lol:

I'm dating myself but when I lived in Massachusetts as a kid Filene's was more or less the place to go. I recall going to what I think was the Northshore Center store. Another was Shopping World in Framingham. The dome is still something that sticks in my memories.  I also want to say there was a GEM store there that we would shop at but that memory is very fuzzy. 

11 minutes ago, keith_h said:

I'm dating myself but when I lived in Massachusetts as a kid Filene's was more or less the place to go. I recall going to what I think was the Northshore Center store. Another was Shopping World in Framingham. The dome is still something that sticks in my memories.  I also want to say there was a GEM store there that we would shop at but that memory is very fuzzy. 

Yes, Filene's Basement was a great place to get bargains  B)

Lechmere's is also gone, along with Caldors, Ames, and Zayre's.

The local Mall still has a Sears and a JC Penny's but for how long?  Everything else is a Walmart, Target and a few Kohl's here and there.

1 hour ago, Avatab.... Steve said:

Yes, Filene's Basement was a great place to get bargains

Northshore Center was only a Filene's department store in the early 60's if I  am remembering correctly (not counting other stores). We would eat at the restaurant on the top floor. I do remember my mom bragging about a Sunday winter coat she bought at Filene's Basement but I thought it was in downtown Boston. Again a lot is very fuzzy being 50 years ago.