Someone had previously posted this in the technical issues board, but it only had 25 views. Seeing as how almost 40 million extinguishers are involved it should probably get a little more attention.  Apparently Kidde brand fire extinguishers with plastic handles are either failing to work, or are coming apart when discharged. Below is a link with info on the recall, and another to the page Kidde redirects you to if you have an affected extingusher.  Stay safe!

https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2017/kidde-recalls-fire-extinguishers-with-plastic-handles-due-to-failure-to-discharge-and

https://inmarmarketaction.com/kidde/

23 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

What happens to the old extinguisher?  Do you have to ship it to them?

TCD

After you apply for the new one, it says there will be instructions that come with your replacement telling you what to do with the old one.  I assume there will be a return label in the box to send it back. 

3 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

I am getting a recall notification from Winnebago today.  The mail hasn't come yet but the daily email from USPS includes a scan of the envelope.  I didn't think my RV one was included but guess I was wrong.  

USPS Informed Delivery is great isn't it?

I've got a Kohls bill and a JoAnns ad coming!

FYI...I filled out the online form last Saturday, and the replacement arrived today. It has instructions to return the recalled one, and comes with a return label. You do have to call and schedule a pick-up as it cannot be dropped off at a fed-ex location.  Hopefully I don't have to present for them to pick it up.  The new one seems to be build much better quality.  It is a different size though.  It came with a new mount so I'll have to install it but I think the screw holes will line up with the existing mount,  so it should just be a matter unscrewing the old, and screwing in the new one.