Back to the old pricing for non- commercial use.

REMIUM

3rd Party Hosting for Personal Use

Perfect for forum enthusiasts, bloggers, and personal website owners

• Store up to 300,000 Photos
  • Unlimited 3rd Party Hosting (Non-commercial)*
  • Unlimited Forum Embedding
  • Unlimited Sharing

$99.99 BILLED ANNUALLY

EQUIVALENT TO

27¢/DAY

36 minutes ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Back to the old pricing for non- commercial use.

REMIUM

3rd Party Hosting for Personal Use

Perfect for forum enthusiasts, bloggers, and personal website owners

• Store up to 300,000 Photos
  • Unlimited 3rd Party Hosting (Non-commercial)*
  • Unlimited Forum Embedding
  • Unlimited Sharing

$99.99 BILLED ANNUALLY

EQUIVALENT TO

27¢/DAY

Have they said anything about the free hosting?  I haven’t been able to use photobucket for a while 

16 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Have they said anything about the free hosting?  I haven’t been able to use photobucket for a while 

I really doubt "free" will return. I've always paid for the extra storage and I personally think Photobucket is much easier to use than the other sites. 

I'm still a fan of Google Photos.  Free, and I really don't think it's difficult to use.  Yes, to post to the forum you need to add 5 characters to the end of each link.  That takes me about 3 seconds for each picture I post, so it might add a total of 1 minute to a trip report post.  If you have an Android phone it's a no-brainer, as it's so seamless.  I never used PB previously, but if I had I wouldn't go back.  That's like going back to a job that treated you like crap, and hoping it won't happen again.    

42 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

I'm still a fan of Google Photos.  Free, and I really don't think it's difficult to use.  Yes, to post to the forum you need to add 5 characters to the end of each link.  That takes me about 3 seconds for each picture I post, so it might add a total of 1 minute to a trip report post.  If you have an Android phone it's a no-brainer, as it's so seamless.  I never used PB previously, but if I had I wouldn't go back.  That's like going back to a job that treated you like crap, and hoping it won't happen again.    

I agree about photobucket. I don't like what they have become. I once accidentally clicked on someone's photobucket photo when I was not logged on to the PB site, and I was barraged by pop up ads, some of which looked like virus carriers. What a crappy way to do business. 

TCD

6 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I agree about photobucket. I don't like what they have become.

Can't disagree, but for those of us who had the plus 100 account at least our TR pics will not disappear at the end of the year. 

5 minutes ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Can't disagree, but for those of us who had the plus 100 account at least our TR pics will not disappear at the end of the year. 

That is the outcome of this whole fiasco that is the saddest to me.  It's not just this forum....browse through any forum on whole dadgum internet and you constantly see that annoying "Upgrade to 3rd Party Hosting" message where pictures used to reside.  Traditional forums were already losing clicks and contributors to social media, in particular Facebook.  Photobucket's greed then dug the grave a little deeper.   This backpedaling probably can't undo that damage.  

4 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I am grateful for that. All of my photos are on there, and I really didn't want to pay their ransom. 

TCD

When they first pulled this stunt, I started backing up/deleting everything off of there, so most of my photos links are trashed. I don't think I will go back.

4 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I am grateful for that. All of my photos are on there, and I really didn't want to pay their ransom. 

TCD

When your current plan expires you will need to switch to Premium ($99) it will not happen automatically

I am glad that I took Carol's and supergeek's advise a while ago and started putting my photos on Google.  I do use imgur for the forums and I have been yelled at when I have a brain freeze and put the images straight on the server.  (I am then made to go and take them off because I am the "bad girl")  I really dislike all the ads on photobucket, it turns me right off.   There are too too many.

20 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD

Do you mean your TR/forum postings, or all of your digital photos?

I have my TR photos on Imgur.

A lot of other photos are on Facebook.

But I keep all of my photos on my SD cards, buy a new one when they get full, plus they are saved onto my PC, and then backed up onto an external HD.

When we left home because of Irma, the external HD went into a Pelican case stored under a mattress, and the SD cards went with me.

The PB folks are still playing tricks. I received this email from them today:

We would like to offer a tailored plan for users just like you - our Premium plan for $99.99 / year.

The Premium plan will provide 3rd party hosting for non-commercial use on your forums, blogs, and personal websites*. Additionally, you will be able to store up to 300,000 photos.

We are working on some exciting changes for 2018. This is our exclusive introductory price and this offer will expire in 7 days.

As far as I know, I have some time left on my prior agreement with them, but they are pushing me to renew within 7 days, or I don't get this special deal. 

And you see that asterisk?  There was no footnote clarifying what that means.

Jerks. 

TCD

9 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

The PB folks are still playing tricks. I received this email from them today:

We would like to offer a tailored plan for users just like you - our Premium plan for $99.99 / year.

The Premium plan will provide 3rd party hosting for non-commercial use on your forums, blogs, and personal websites*. Additionally, you will be able to store up to 300,000 photos.

We are working on some exciting changes for 2018. This is our exclusive introductory price and this offer will expire in 7 days.

As far as I know, I have some time left on my prior agreement with them, but they are pushing me to renew within 7 days, or I don't get this special deal. 

And you see that asterisk?  There was no footnote clarifying what that means.

Jerks. 

TCD

And I have an "e" mail from customer support saying all I need to do is switch prior to my July, 17th expiration date. I currently have the plus account.

You will need to switch to the Premium plan when your current subscription expires. This will ensure that you will get uninterrupted 3rd Party hosting since your subscription renews in July.