Well, lots of great and overwhelming advice to go for premium vs preferred.  I wasn't sure what to do until today we watched some youtubes of the preferred loops.  The videos where much better than just pictures.  I was able to snag up a reservation for premium site.  Now, I want to try and focus on 400 or 700 loops.  I think those may be the closest to the boats for us.

40 minutes ago, Pirateghostabc said:

Well, lots of great and overwhelming advice to go for premium vs preferred.  I wasn't sure what to do until today we watched some youtubes of the preferred loops.  The videos where much better than just pictures.  I was able to snag up a reservation for premium site.  Now, I want to try and focus on 400 or 700 loops.  I think those may be the closest to the boats for us.

Yes those would be the closest.

36 minutes ago, Pirateghostabc said:

Love 400 loop. 401,402, 406,433

• 3 weeks later...

We have gone to WDW for 17 years with one, two, three and once four wheelchairs.  The larger boat from the left side of the Marina dock(to either MK or Wilderness Lodge then MK) can usually accommodate 5-6 wheelchairs and scooters.  The Smaller boat (to the Contemporary) on the right side of the dock cannot handle anything but folded strollers.  We have always used Disney transportation once we were in our site....which has mostly been a premium site.  Plenty of concrete, and as already mentioned, often space for a tent either on the concrete to the rear of the RV or just off the concrete on what is usually pine straw these days.  Our MH is a 37 footer and we usually park the van in the lot at the Outpost, so we can put up more Christmas decorations.  Check on the site dimension on the app.  We usually have room for our RV and a cargo trailer that carries a lot of medical needs and our golf cart.

Edit:  We usually have room for a canopy alongside the RV to park the wheelchairs and/or the GC under.

22 hours ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

I feel better now knowing we aren't the only ones who do this! Haha

Even though I always have plenty of room at my site, I also park the truck up front. (It was a Boy Scout rule to move the vehicles elsewhere when camping to unclutter the campsites, and to me it just makes everything nicer)

• 1 month later...

Thought I would post a quick post-trip report in case any other wheelchair users search like I did.

We had fantastic time.  We found Disney one of the  most wheelchair friendly destinations we have ever done.  Taking the boat from the Fort was trouble free and quick.  Plenty of companion bathrooms.

We did fax as others said to do and received our first request on the list.  The only glitch was being abandoned  in overflow at check in.  Somehow the site cleaners didn't report in our site was ready.  I had to be persistent that they actually check and once they did, they said site was ready.   Three hour wait.

2 hours ago, Pirateghostabc said:

Thought I would post a quick post-trip report in case any other wheelchair users search like I did.

We had fantastic time.  We found Disney one of the  most wheelchair friendly destinations we have ever done.  Taking the boat from the Fort was trouble free and quick.  Plenty of companion bathrooms.

We did fax as others said to do and received our first request on the list.  The only glitch was being abandoned  in overflow at check in.  Somehow the site cleaners didn't report in our site was ready.  I had to be persistent that they actually check and once they did, they said site was ready.   Three hour wait.

I have had the same luck with the site wait several times. Glad you had a great time.