Hi everyone. My family and extended family would like come down for a week sometime in the fall. My family has been priced out of staying on site because we now have three kids. And we can't camp with my extended family because they don't have a camper.  

My family goes on a trip all together every year because we live far apart and it's a good way for us to be together without distractions. 

We do not have a lot of money to spend but the two youngest have never been to DW and we really want to take them. They both joined our family through adoption and are absolute joys. 

We would love somewhere with a resort set up and a kitchen of some sort. We can all be in separate rooms or all in one condo. Whatever is cheaper. But we want to be very close to the parks and have a nice pool because we won't go to the parks everyday. 

I'm having zero luck on vrbo. Please help!!!

Depending on time of year, there sometimes are decent deals on huge houses in Emerald Island.  Several families can split a house (we rented one with EIGHT bedrooms), and most houses have private pools, plus there's a community clubhouse.  Although if you aren't having luck on vrbo, there might be nothing available for when you are going.  During busier times they can be pricey.  We went in mid-May and got a good deal. 

Another neighborhood in that area that we rented in is Indian Creek.  We rented a 4 or 5 bedroom place in there once for a week and paid less than $100/night, and it had a private pool.  Again, it was during a quieter time, and it was a last minute rental.  

Good luck.    

We stayed here once this past fall.

Holiday Inn Club Vacations at Orange Lake Resort, it's on 192 next to 429.

Hotel details

Set on a 1,450-acre site, this modern resort is 6 miles from both Disney's Animal Kingdom and Toy Story Midway Mania! theme parks.
Relaxed studios come with free Wi-Fi and flat-screen TVs, plus full kitchens. Suites have dining tables and separate living rooms with pull-out sofas, while villas add patios or balconies.
Amenities include 9 restaurants, including a pizzeria and a sports bar and grill. There are also 2 golf courses, 3 gyms and 7 outdoor pools, plus a 12-acre water park with a lazy river. Tennis courts and a kids' club are also provided. Parking is free.

It's not too far of a drive.

We lucked out, my daughter got it for about $65 a night.

We had one of the suites, they were like townhouses.

Full kitchen and dining room, two bedrooms, one with 2 queens and one with a king, two bathrooms, and a living room with a pull out couch.

The property is huge and has different sections.

They have bigger units also.

Prices will vary, but it might be worth looking into.

And on the way there is a Publix and Target along with a bunch of other places to eat.

http://www.lbvorlandoresort.com

We used to stay here before we started camping at the Fort haven't stayed there since 2012 though so can't say how it is now but was always nice and clean when we went. They are condos 1-4 bedrooms, 2 pools on property one had a pirate ship themed water slide and pool bar the other was just a pool. They had a small convenience store and an Irish pub/restaurant on property. It's a short walk to a outlet mall.

The only problem was traffic can back up on 535/ Apoka Vineland Rd during rush hour. 

I stayed here over New Years(couldn't get the fort booked).

http://www.lbvorlandoresort.com/hotel-suites

We got a 4-bed suite for 8 of us and there was a sofa bed that we didn't use.

Git quite a good price with the AAA discount, the discount pet night was about the same as a basic AAA membership for the year.

Nice pool, short drive to Disney.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, fowlandfishmommy said:

Hi everyone. My family and extended family would like come down for a week sometime in the fall. My family has been priced out of staying on site because we now have three kids. And we can't camp with my extended family because they don't have a camper.  

My family goes on a trip all together every year because we live far apart and it's a good way for us to be together without distractions. 

We do not have a lot of money to spend but the two youngest have never been to DW and we really want to take them. They both joined our family through adoption and are absolute joys. 

We would love somewhere with a resort set up and a kitchen of some sort. We can all be in separate rooms or all in one condo. Whatever is cheaper. But we want to be very close to the parks and have a nice pool because we won't go to the parks everyday. 

I'm having zero luck on vrbo. Please help!!!

IMHO, The best and closest condos/resort is Wyndham bonnet creek. Yes I’m biased as we are owners there.The best and closest condos/resort is Wyndham bonnet creek. Yes I’m biased as we are owners there.   It is right next-door, East of, Disney’s Caribbean Beach resort. It’s closer to Epcot then pop century or AoA resort.    You won’t believe how close you are to everything  

They have one, two, three, or four bedroom condos. All of them have fully stocked kitchen‘s, breakfast bars, dining room table, and a sleeper sofa in the living room. The master bedrooms have Jacuzzi tub and separate showers.     They all have washers and dryer‘s also. The resort has six swimming pools, one with a full scale pirate ship wreck. Two lazy rivers, two waterslides, and four poolside bars and grill. My DD’s favorite is the pool with the spiral slide and pizza.   They do lots of activities for kids and adults including live music almost every night at one of the poolside bar and grills. On our last trip we had a corner room and we could watch the Epcot and Hollywood studios fireworks from our balcony. And from our bedroom We could see the hot air balloon at Disney springs.   We could probably stay at the resort for two weeks and never leave and always have something to do.

The hotel tower has several very nice Restaurants including a steakhouse. If you really want to spend a lot of money you could walk next-door to the Waldorf and really throw down some big bucks. LOL!  

We had to rent two condos for our big group this last trip. Christmas 2017. 

For a 2 bed, 2 bath from December 23-30 we paid $1600.  If you send me the dates you’re looking at and how many people. I would be happy to look and see what I can get you a room for. Sometime there’s a break for owners. And sometimes it’s best to rent them from other owners.

So feel free to PM me if you’re interested.

7 minutes ago, fowlandfishmommy said:

Thank you all. We are now toying with The idea of my sister, her husband, and son camping with us in our camper at the Fort. We'll see what we decide. They aren't much of campers but we have a great pull out couch in ours. I'll keep you updated.

Camping at the Fort isn't the same as camping at say a state park. 

My uncle complained for a month, the refused to go (till we told him it wasn't a choice) when I told him we were camping at the Fort. Even ended up shorting the trip. Come check out day he ask why we were staying longer and now everytime they come down he wants to go to the Fort.