6 hours ago, WannaBeImagineer said:

Well I blew a factory original tire this past weekend during a thunderstorm on I-10 just getting into Houston...that was loads of fun, lol.  Now I get to buy tires and a new fender.

I made it to Fredericksburg with the spare where I went to buy four new Carlisles but after about 30 minutes they let me know they only had two.  So I got to drive back home with two new and two old tires.

I knew those tires were going bad, it's my fault for trying to get one more trip out of them, I won't make that mistake again.  On another note, that was our first time to Fredericksburg, TX and we had a blast, it was cold but still great!

WBI

Did yall stay at the Yogi Bear there? We almost went there last summer but went to New Braunfels instead.

24 minutes ago, LONE-STAR said:

Did yall stay at the Yogi Bear there? We almost went there last summer but went to New Braunfels instead.

We like Lady Bird Johnson Municipal Park.

15 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

No we stayed at Oakwood RV Resort.  It was ok, it had quite a few people wintering there which I think would be great, the location was convenient to town.  Honestly it was so cold this trip all we did was sleep there.  We looked at the Yogi Bear park, and even drove by it while there, it looks pretty good with a new water area, but it was further from town than we wanted to be this trip.

14 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

We like Lady Bird Johnson Municipal Park.

We thought about going to that one too, it looked real nice.  Was there any issues with non-campers coming around since its an open park?

WBI

15 minutes ago, WannaBeImagineer said:

We thought about going to that one too, it looked real nice.  Was there any issues with non-campers coming around since its an open park?

WBI

It's been a few years, but not that I recall.

Just an FYI, I just ordered 4 Goodyear Endurance from Discount tire direct.  they are having a pretty big promotion on them, AND a 100 rebate visa card.  I got 4 235/80/16 Endurance, shipped free for $500.64 with the rebate, $400.64.  Amazing price....must be bought this weekend, 2/19/18.

On 2/16/2018 at 5:50 PM, PGHFiend said:

Just an FYI, I just ordered 4 Goodyear Endurance from Discount tire direct.  they are having a pretty big promotion on them, AND a 100 rebate visa card.  I got 4 235/80/16 Endurance, shipped free for $500.64 with the rebate, $400.64.  Amazing price....must be bought this weekend, 2/19/18.

please let us know what you think of them.  I like the Carlisle Radial Trails, but am leaning towards the Endurance tires the next time I need them.

6 hours ago, djsamuel said:

please let us know what you think of them.  I like the Carlisle Radial Trails, but am leaning towards the Endurance tires the next time I need them.

Will do.  I had the new carlisle HD tires in my walmart cart about 5 times...they seem like a better built tire, but still made in China.   I'm giving the USA a chance here, I'd rather spend my money with American workers.  

I do have carlisle radial tires on my car trailer, and I think they are 9 years old.  They have never given me any trouble but on a car hauler they run loaded only about 50 percent of the time and when it's parked only weighs about a ton.  I think the weight of an rv constantly sitting on the tires is what ultimately kills them.  Most if these tires are within 90 percent of thier loaded capacity ALL of the time...like Dangerfield, "they get no respect"! 

The Goodyears came yesterday.   First impression is a good one, date codes of 42nd and 43rd week of 2017.  The sidewalls seem to be much thicker than the China tires I've had in the past.  I'll let you know when I get them mounted up.