Magic Kingdom Is Closing Early On February 12 And All Guests Will Need To Be Out Of The Park By 6 P.M.

For those heading to Magic Kingdom on Monday, you need to know that at 6 p.m., you’ll have to head out of the park. The park hours have been set for months and no one has quite known why the park was set to close so early, but it’s quite a simple explanation.

A member by the name of “Bigs” in the WDW Magic forums chimed in on a conversation regarding Magic Kingdom’s early closing, and he filled everyone in.

“…it is actually a private event for a large group who is having a major conference that week. I know this because I will be lucky enough to be in attendance for the event.”

Guests can still go to Magic Kingdom during the day and head over to another park at 6 p.m. if they have a park hopper ticket. If not, the other parks are open, as well as the shopping and entertainment locations.

• Epcot: 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
  • Disney’s Hollywood Studios: 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom: 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. with Extra Magic Hours of 7 a.m. – 8 a.m.
  • Blizzard Beach: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
  • Disney Springs: 10 a.m. – 12 a.m.

26 minutes ago, Travisma said:

no one has quite known why the park was set to close so early

Someone knew, it's Grainger.  It's just another routine park buyout for about 8000 people. The event will last 3 hours beginning at 7:30pm. Haven't decided if I want to be there yet, leaning towards it.

45 minutes ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

We buy from Grainger. I wonder if I could get in :)

You might be able to, but first you'll need an invitation to the Grainger Show taking place at the OCCC next week, and then admission to the MK event.  The trade show is an exclusive event open only to Grainger customers and suppliers who have an invitation. Customers can register to attend but will need an invitation. They'll be over 12,000 customers and suppliers attending the trade show and they will make up a good chunk of the 8000 attending the special event at MK. 

I was lucky enough to attend one such event back in the 90's.  AT&T rented the park out. It was kind of surreal. They put us up at the grand Floridian and one night had buffet dinner on the streets in the back of mgm (At the time) studios.

• 1 month later...
On 2/9/2018 at 10:27 PM, caveat lector said:

I was lucky enough to attend one such event back in the 90's.  AT&T rented the park out. It was kind of surreal. They put us up at the grand Floridian and one night had buffet dinner on the streets in the back of mgm (At the time) studios.

Man all my dad got when he worked at AT&T was access to the spaceship earth lounge 😂