Rumor: City of Disney coming?

From Orlando Theme Park News...

"City of Disney" to Replace Lake Buena Vista and Bay Lake at Walt Disney World

As we all know, a number of major changes are coming to the Walt Disney World Resort in the next few years, but not all of them involve the theme parks. Indeed, a Public Proposal discovered by Twitter user @GoAwayGreen shows that, effective January 1, 2021, the cities of Bay Lake and Lake Buena Vista (including all unincorporated areas within the Reedy Creek Improvement District) could be dissolved and reincorporated as the "City of Disney." Here's the complete proposal:
  • (a) SPECIAL STATUS. The Reedy Creek Improvement District, as is currently established by law, is hereby recognized as a special district of the State of Florida, and shall not belong to any county of the State. Any and all property and territory that is owned and managed by the district shall be detached from any county it is currently located within.
  • (b) INTERGOVERNMENTAL RELATIONS. For the purposes of policing, firefighting, and/or emergency medical services, the Reedy Creek Improvement District may enter into intergovernmental relations with the neighboring counties to provide the aforesaid services.
  • (c) CITY OF DISNEY. Effective January 1, 2021, the cities of Bay Lake and Lake Buena Vista, including all unincorporated areas within the Reedy Creek Improvement District, shall be dissolved and reincorporated as the City of Disney.
  • (d) GOVERNMENT. The government and management of the Reedy Creek Improvement District shall be retained, unless otherwise provided by law.
  • (e) APPLICABILITY AND REPEALER.
    • (1) Legislation concerning the Reedy Creek Improvement District may be passed by law and shall not require any voter-approved amendments to this section.
    • (2) If the Reedy Creek Improvement District shall ever be dissolved or abolished, this section shall be declared null, void, and repealed the January 1 next ensuing.
i-dWwGPDN.png

As a reminder, this is still just a proposal and plans could therefore change time and time again.

MAP: © 2018 Orange County Property Appraiser. All Rights Reserved.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2018/02/city-of-disney-to-replace-lake-buena.html

Another garbage post from another garbage site. 

Florida allows anyone to propose amendments to its constitution. All kinds of wackiness ensues:  http://www.tampabay.com/florida-politics/buzz/2017/09/27/florida-is-asking-citizens-for-ideas-for-constitutional-amendments-here-are-3-of-our-favorite-submissions/ 

That's all this City of Disney proposal is- a dumb idea from one dummy. 

TCD 

53 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

That's all this City of Disney proposal is- a dumb idea from one dummy. 

And that dummy is a whack job Uber driver called Loyal Millett, who lives in Utah and has nothing better to do than to submit roughly 1000 proposals, and counting. It's sad that OTPN saw fit to post this article which absolutely has no chance of seeing the light of day. Mr. Millet needs to seek professional help.

5 hours ago, Lou... said:

I will not run if nominated or serve if elected.

I think it's time for Mayor Donnie to take his rightful position.

You talk to him lately, he was in a bad wreck a little over a week ago. But overall he's okay for what he went through. 

14 minutes ago, LONE-STAR said:

You talk to him lately, he was in a bad wreck a little over a week ago. But overall he's okay for what he went through. 

Unfortunately I have not seen Donnie in a long time. Glad he's ok.

7 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

OTPN just posted this on their FB page...

Well, it appears that the "City of Disney" is not something Disney is actually pursuing... We apologize for sharing the story without doing further research on the matter

Better late than never.

11 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

OTPN just posted this on their FB page...

Good thing you quoted the article, because it's gone now. 

I give them credit for fixing their mistake, but I wish these sites would turn the rumor slinging down a notch. I love a good rumor, but if it's just something some dummy made up to get traffic on his website, I'm not a fan. 

TCD