• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was great meeting you and your daughter today.  I sat down at the table and thought, "That looks like TCD!".   I'll add a few more pictures here.  It seems as though in addition to reducing th

@djsamuel wasn't lying. I ran into him and his wife over at Roaring Fork this afternoon and he has photos to share.  But so do I . . .  Nothing looks too different as you walk toward the mar

The thing that bothers me is the people who drive in the wrong direction through the loops.

3 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Did I miss this update?  Saw on a FB forum, that apparently the golf cart parking down by the marina has been removed... replaced with bike parking and picnic tables?  The parking lot in front of TE, is now the only one.

We heard that was planned, the parking at TE was supposed to be enlarged. Rumor was they were planning on some handicap spaces(placard required) at the Marina. 

4 minutes ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

We heard that was planned, the parking at TE was supposed to be enlarged. Rumor was they were planning on some handicap spaces(placard required) at the Marina. 

Hmm.. guess they've started it then.

How are they going to enlarge that parking area (infront of TE)?  I can't picture it.  Oh no, wait... guess they would clear out more trees on the left side (if you're in the lot, looking at TE)?

I can see this happening.  The parking by the marina has become really bad - people parking in all kinds of places/ways that's just ridiculous. People don't think twice about blocking others in or parking so that no one else can get in/out of an area. And when it's jammed and a boat comes in, it becomes a dangerous cluster of pedestrians, bikes, strollers and carts all trying to get down a couple of pathways at the same time.

Well that stinks, but it has seemed like it was getting to be more and more of a mess down there. With carts parking wherever they wanted and blocking. Some railroad ties marking parking spots like they have up in front of trails end would have done a lot to help that, and actually marking the paths for in and out. 

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

There is a parking lot behind/to the water side of the Settlement Trading Post.

Is that still there?

Makes sense to get rid of the parking along the pathway, a lot of the cart drivers back up without looking.

The comment on FB, was that was being removed as well.

1 hour ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

I can see this happening.  The parking by the marina has become really bad - people parking in all kinds of places/ways that's just ridiculous. People don't think twice about blocking others in or parking so that no one else can get in/out of an area. And when it's jammed and a boat comes in, it becomes a dangerous cluster of pedestrians, bikes, strollers and carts all trying to get down a couple of pathways at the same time.

30 minutes ago, shoreline99 said:

Last time we were there we saw people moving fences and blockades to park their carts. People park wherever and however they feel like, especially in the evenings.

Plus, we've seen people hit other carts and leave. We've actually been the beneficiaries of some bump and go's there.

I can't help but wonder (if eventually) they will ban all personal carts.  I don't imagine they'll get rid of all golf carts as it's a money maker for Disney...but if they ban personal golf carts, that would cut down on what, 50% off the cart traffic?  Who knows.

20 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

I can't help but wonder (if eventually) they will ban all personal carts.  I don't imagine they'll get rid of all golf carts as it's a money maker for Disney...but if they ban personal golf carts, that would cut down on what, 50% off the cart traffic?  Who knows.

My sources tell me that, not only is Disney moving to ban all personal carts, but they are also eliminating all of the existing rental carts and implementing a fleet of autonomous "self-driving" Lyft carts.  Rather than renting a cart for the duration of your stay, when you want a ride you order it from the Lyft Fort app, and a Minnie decorated autonomous cart will pick you up and take you to your destination.  No more issues with kids driving, drunk idiots having mishaps, etc.  Fortunately, the carts will have a "Looping" mode, where you tell it to Loop and it will drive around all the loops until you tell it to stop.  Payment is handled through the app and added to your account to be paid at check out.    

19 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

My sources tell me that, not only is Disney moving to ban all personal carts, but they are also eliminating all of the existing rental carts and implementing a fleet of autonomous "self-driving" Lyft carts.  Rather than renting a cart for the duration of your stay, when you want a ride you order it from the Lyft Fort app, and a Minnie decorated autonomous cart will pick you up and take you to your destination.  No more issues with kids driving, drunk idiots having mishaps, etc.  Fortunately, the carts will have a "Looping" mode, where you tell it to Loop and it will drive around all the loops until you tell it to stop.  Payment is handled through the app and added to your account to be paid at check out.    

:lol::lol:

Well... there you have it....

Any word of if the Main Street Bakery Ooey Gooey Cinnamon Rolls will be part of this new endeavor?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Possibly but it would also cut down on a good number of campers that would not come if they couldn't bring their carts who also won't pay Disney's rate.

I was hoping this was going to happen.  Walking around the Settlement and down to the marina was getting too hectic and outright dangerous.  When we were there this past Christmas and new Years, the golf cart situation in that area was getting out of control. We saw kids around the playground run towards Trails End, and almost get hit by golf carts in the process.  Too much foot traffic in that area.   Hopefully this will provide some structure to where the carts can go and also make for a more peaceful area.

1 hour ago, djsamuel said:

I was hoping this was going to happen.  Walking around the Settlement and down to the marina was getting too hectic and outright dangerous.  When we were there this past Christmas and new Years, the golf cart situation in that area was getting out of control. We saw kids around the playground run towards Trails End, and almost get hit by golf carts in the process.  Too much foot traffic in that area.   Hopefully this will provide some structure to where the carts can go and also make for a more peaceful area.

Agree 100%.  It was like this around Halloween and Thanksgiving too.  Throw the horse/carriage traffic in the mix in the evenings and it's just an accident waiting to happen. I expect some people will whine about having to park further from the marina, but I think it's a good idea in general.

55 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Do you think?  I wonder....

I think that at least a good number of regular campers that own their own carts aren't likely to start paying $70 a day to rent one from Disney. I also think some of those folks won't want to start having to rely on the buses and hoofing it back and forth to the bus stops - especially older people, folks with mobility issues, and possibly some with young kids. Then throw in the mix the people who spend a lot of their time hanging around the Fort, with the cart making that a lot easier and more enjoyable, and I think banning carts would have some impact on reservations.  Whether it would be enough for Disney to care? Who knows.

That said I also think it's highly unlikely Disney ever bans personal carts.  The fact that they're addressing cart parking issues by expanding it instead of limiting them seems to suggest that at least. I could see them possibly requiring proof of insurance (plenty of other campgrounds do) but then again they "require" proof of vaccines for dogs, but never actually ask for/look at it. And they also required that people driving their rentals be a licensed driver, and y'all know how that goes...  B)

Man, I miss the good old days when you could drive your golf cart wherever you wanted. Down that path by River Country, behind Pioneer Hall, in front of Pioneer Hall, through that path into the 100 loop, down the path behind the 300 loop, through the 1400 loop and over the bridge behind the Meadow Trading Post. You used to be allowed to drive to Wilderness Lodge. 

They've restricted all of the above.

And do you know how many alternate routes they have provided?

None!

No wonder the remaining pathways are so congested. 

TCD  

2 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Agree 100%.  It was like this around Halloween and Thanksgiving too.  Throw the horse/carriage traffic in the mix in the evenings and it's just an accident waiting to happen. I expect some people will whine about having to park further from the marina, but I think it's a good idea in general.

I think that at least a good number of regular campers that own their own carts aren't likely to start paying $70 a day to rent one from Disney. I also think some of those folks won't want to start having to rely on the buses and hoofing it back and forth to the bus stops - especially older people, folks with mobility issues, and possibly some with young kids. Then throw in the mix the people who spend a lot of their time hanging around the Fort, with the cart making that a lot easier and more enjoyable, and I think banning carts would have some impact on reservations.  Whether it would be enough for Disney to care? Who knows.

That said I also think it's highly unlikely Disney ever bans personal carts.  The fact that they're addressing cart parking issues by expanding it instead of limiting them seems to suggest that at least. I could see them possibly requiring proof of insurance (plenty of other campgrounds do) but then again they "require" proof of vaccines for dogs, but never actually ask for/look at it. And they also required that people driving their rentals be a licensed driver, and y'all know how that goes...  B)

Yeah... I was thinking about this, after I posted.  It's a really large campground; it would be so difficult for those who physically have a tough time getting around.

Even though we don't have a cart, I personally hope they don't get to the point where they have to ban them.  Personally, I think that if they actually enforced rules (imagine how this would shock the crud out of people), that that alone would make a huge difference.  I wish that they could hire a few police officers to patrol on golf carts; I think the notification coming from a police officer, would go a long way.

Sigh... as with most of the problems at the Fort:  enforcement of the rules (or lack there of), is really the root of the problem. 

48 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Yeah... I was thinking about this, after I posted.  It's a really large campground; it would be so difficult for those who physically have a tough time getting around.

Even though we don't have a cart, I personally hope they don't get to the point where they have to ban them.  Personally, I think that if they actually enforced rules (imagine how this would shock the crud out of people), that that alone would make a huge difference.  I wish that they could hire a few police officers to patrol on golf carts; I think the notification coming from a police officer, would go a long way.

Sigh... as with most of the problems at the Fort:  enforcement of the rules (or lack their of), is really the route of the root of the problem. 

Make people sign a sheet when they check in with their own cart explaining the rules clearly and the consequences.

Make the consequences BIG. 

First infraction the cart is impounded for a day.

Second infraction cart is impounded until check out.

For the Disney rental carts same thing and no refunds.

And yes have more people patrolling with dash cams to back them up.

8 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Man, I miss the good old days when you could drive your golf cart wherever you wanted. Down that path by River Country, behind Pioneer Hall, in front of Pioneer Hall, through that path into the 100 loop, down the path behind the 300 loop, through the 1400 loop and over the bridge behind the Meadow Trading Post. You used to be allowed to drive to Wilderness Lodge. 

They've restricted all of the above.

And do you know how many alternate routes they have provided?

None!

No wonder the remaining pathways are so congested. 

TCD  

So true.

17 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Sigh... as with most of the problems at the Fort:  enforcement of the rules (or lack there of), is really the root of the problem. 

Agree 100% In addition, there is a big problem with an increasing number of guests feeling the rules don't apply to them.  That makes it even more difficult to enforce.  This includes far more than the golf cart rules.