56 minutes ago, djsamuel said:

Agree 100% In addition, there is a big problem with an increasing number of guests feeling the rules don't apply to them.  That makes it even more difficult to enforce.  This includes far more than the golf cart rules.

Yes.  Not only (paying) guests... but I have to wonder, how many bodies we see around the Fort, are just locals coming in for the day.  For them especially, the rules never seem to apply.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was great meeting you and your daughter today.  I sat down at the table and thought, "That looks like TCD!".   I'll add a few more pictures here.  It seems as though in addition to reducing th

@djsamuel wasn't lying. I ran into him and his wife over at Roaring Fork this afternoon and he has photos to share.  But so do I . . .  Nothing looks too different as you walk toward the mar

The thing that bothers me is the people who drive in the wrong direction through the loops.

1 minute ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Yes.  Not only (paying) guests... but I have to wonder, how many bodies we see around the Fort, are just locals coming in for the day.  For them especially, the rules never seem to apply.

True.  That is another symptom of a bigger problem you see everywhere.  A good example is what people are passing off as service dogs; as discussed in another thread(s).  It is really mind boggling how so many people must have no feeling of regret or remorse when they are knowingly breaking rules and/or being inconsiderate of other people.  

14 hours ago, Santa ... Shannon said:

I'm very surprised that they have not started charging a surcharge for private carts, at least enough to make their rates comparable to off-site rentals.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good to see you posting ^_^

That's an interesting thought.  I wonder how many people would pay it and how many others, simply would not come.  If they charged it, I guess they'd need to give you some sort of sticker (?) to put on your cart to show that you paid.  

17 hours ago, Travisma said:

First infraction the cart is impounded for a day.

Second infraction cart is impounded until check out.

For the Disney rental carts same thing and no refunds. 

I agree with this.  I've said, darn near the same thing, to Tom for years.  I'm not understanding WHY this doesn't happen.  Violators on golf carts put people at risk, sometimes serious risk and (if not), they are tearing up the campground and/or causing a huge ruckus.   

Rules people.  

But see, I also don't like it when people back their trailers up on the dirt/woods behind their campsites... or when 3 tents and 3-5 families are on one site... or (my favorite) when a site is just canopies, tables and a huge projection screen.  Yeah... if we were parked next to that, we request a move... fast.  

2 minutes ago, djsamuel said:

A good example is what people are passing off as service dogs; as discussed in another thread(s).  It is really mind boggling how so many people must have no feeling of regret or remorse when they are knowingly breaking rules and/or being inconsiderate of other people.  

:angry:

3 hours ago, djsamuel said:

True.  That is another symptom of a bigger problem you see everywhere.  A good example is what people are passing off as service dogs; as discussed in another thread(s).  It is really mind boggling how so many people must have no feeling of regret or remorse when they are knowingly breaking rules and/or being inconsiderate of other people.  

But they are "special" and the universe revolves around them.

Their sh** don't stink!

On 2/13/2018 at 12:40 PM, djsamuel said:

I may be able to take a walk there tomorrow some time in the afternoon. If I do, I’ll take a few pictures.

@djsamuel wasn't lying. I ran into him and his wife over at Roaring Fork this afternoon and he has photos to share. 

But so do I . . . 

Nothing looks too different as you walk toward the marina, but look at all the bikes up ahead on the left:

IMG_2727_zpsfdrfl5tc.jpg

Here's a closer look at the new bike racks and boulders which now block all the parking spaces closest to the playground:

IMG_2729_zpsbnf3ee3h.jpg

The area to the right as you approach the marina now has four metal picnic tables parked on it:

IMG_2728_zpszmgrvnvw.jpg

The ultimate indignity is the placement of this fake boulder on the site of the Lawnmower Tree:

[URL=http://s301.photobucket.com/user/Tri-Circle-D/media/05 28 17/IMG_2730_zpsqztrkmw4.jpg.html]IMG_2730_zpsqztrkmw4.jpg[/URL]

The prexisting parking area to the north of the Settlement Trading Post is still there:

IMG_2732_zpsuni2dgep.jpg

There are no signs restricting driving on any of the existing paths. So all that has happened is the removal of about 20 cart spaces. Pedestrians arriving or departing from the marina area will still have to dodge the golf carts driving in and out of the area on the lake side of the Trading Post. 

TCD

24 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

@djsamuel wasn't lying. I ran into him and his wife over at Roaring Fork this afternoon and he has photos to share. 

But so do I . . . 

The prexisting parking area to the north of the Settlement Trading Post is still there:

There are no signs restricting driving on any of the existing paths. So all that has happened is the removal of about 20 cart spaces. Pedestrians arriving or departing from the marina area will still have to dodge the golf carts driving in and out of the area on the lake side of the Trading Post. 

TCD

It was great meeting you and your daughter today.  I sat down at the table and thought, "That looks like TCD!".  

I'll add a few more pictures here.  It seems as though in addition to reducing the number of carts parked up near the marina, they've eliminated carts pulling directly into walkways.  My wife was wondering if someone walking was hit by a cart in that area and that sparked this change.  Here are some more pictures.  No additional explanation necessary; TCD covered it well.

HM4NBiQl.jpg

The new fence on the far side of this walkway shows an area that used to be parking but is now fenced off and sodded:

QsLQLApl.jpg

WxsI5ozl.jpg

The parking area that remains (Trading Post to the right):

aF1l37Ol.jpg

48 minutes ago, Littleolwoman.aka.Kristie said:

When we were there at Christmas the parking area was a nightmare. On numerous occasions we were almost hit by a cart going down the wrong paths. I actually like the new set up, much more organized. 

I agree.  It should make the area safer.

16 hours ago, djsamuel said:

It was great meeting you and your daughter today.  I sat down at the table and thought, "That looks like TCD!"

I'm glad you said something. It was good to meet you and your wife. Hopefully, we will meet up again at the Fort when we are both there camping!

Also, good catch pointing out that they blocked off that sodded area from parking- I forgot people used to cram in there too.  So, they removed more than the 20 spaces I estimated.

TCD

2 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I'm glad you said something. It was good to meet you and your wife. Hopefully, we will meet up again at the Fort when we are both there camping!

Also, good catch pointing out that they blocked off that sodded area from parking- I forgot people used to cram in there too.  So, they removed more than the 20 spaces I estimated.

TCD

I would estimate they removed about half of the parking near the Marina.  The lot near Trails End was certainly not anywhere near full, so still plenty of room.

15 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

A development that got lost in this discussion is that they expanded the golf cart parking area at the Outpost. I saw this at night, so I don't have photos, but the area between the bus stop and the corral is now a golf cart parking area. 

TCD 

That's good to hear...that was definitely needed.

11 hours ago, WrigleysWagon said:

Makes sense. When you can cook directly on the table top it saves on the gas/electric bill!

:ROFLMAO-1:

Makes you wonder who's actually making the decisions and if they ever bother to ask anyone at the Fort what they think.....

22 minutes ago, Avatab.... Steve said:

:ROFLMAO-1:

Makes you wonder who's actually making the decisions and if they ever bother to ask anyone at the Fort what they think.....

3 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

They put them in the dog park too - and they're usually not under the 2 trees in there. (yowch)

Wonder if they had complaints about splinters?