7 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

:ROFLMAO-1:

We saw that sign a few times in November and it took us a while to realize it that meant "hey they have bottles of stuff you can buy from a vending machine at that window over there."

It was probably there last week as well but heading for the boats I pay little attention to things like that as I could care less about buying a soft drink on my way to another resort or the MK.

I think the soda machine was still there the last week of November.

They really need a mug refill station there as well as several more placed around the Fort.

We haven't bought mugs our last couple stays at the Fort just cause it's a good distance to TE or the swimming pool. And they're not open as many hours as at a brick and mortar resort.

33 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

If that counter sold Mai Tais and Mickey bars I would camp out there for my entire vacation.   

I would even train a service dog to fetch them for me. Of course it would have to be three years old (21 in dog years) to avoid any underage alcohol problems. I wonder if those service dog vests come with cup holders?

2 hours ago, shaffecv said:

I think the soda machine was still there the last week of November.

They really need a mug refill station there as well as several more placed around the Fort.

We haven't bought mugs our last couple stays at the Fort just cause it's a good distance to TE or the swimming pool. And they're not open as many hours as at a brick and mortar resort.

Does the refill station at the pool actually close? I know it's open longer hours than the pool is. I really wish there was something by the smaller pool besides the vending machine.

1 hour ago, slices said:

Does the refill station at the pool actually close? I know it's open longer hours than the pool is. I really wish there was something by the smaller pool besides the vending machine.

I thought it was 11pm.

The problem with having dispensers all around is maintaining them, that's why they're only at food service areas 

11 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

I thought it was 11pm.

The problem with having dispensers all around is maintaining them, that's why they're only at food service areas 

Plus the pool one is bad enough with all the bees crawling all over the spouts and dispensers.  Can you imagine the wildlife that would be attracted to them if they were away form the buildings?  And the kids trying to break them!

16 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

If that counter sold Mai Tais and Mickey bars I would camp out there for my entire vacation.   

^This^

16 hours ago, keith_h said:

I would even train a service dog to fetch them for me. Of course it would have to be three years old (21 in dog years) to avoid any underage alcohol problems. I wonder if those service dog vests come with cup holders?

A friend of mine had a bottle opener on her dog's collar.  If you said "beer me" he'd come running.

10 hours ago, Travisma said:

Plus the pool one is bad enough with all the bees crawling all over the spouts and dispensers.  Can you imagine the wildlife that would be attracted to them if they were away form the buildings?  And the kids trying to break them!

Don't see any reason they couldn't place a few in the laundry rooms of a couple comfort stations.

No wildlife allowed inside and you need a Magic band to open the doors so it would also keep the "riff raff" out.

I suspect Florida is like NC where drink dispensers come under public health laws and inspection. While it might not be illegal having drink dispensers at random locations where staff cannot keep an eye on them it would likely result in health code violations. I can also envision the mess where some kids get into the room where the dispensers are and get soda and ice all over the place thinking it is fun. 

23 minutes ago, keith_h said:

I suspect Florida is like NC where drink dispensers come under public health laws and inspection. While it might not be illegal having drink dispensers at random locations where staff cannot keep an eye on them it would likely result in health code violations. I can also envision the mess where some kids get into the room where the dispensers are and get soda and ice all over the place thinking it is fun. 

Well put. We've stopped buying them during Fort stays cause it's easier to make a pot of coffee in the motorhome and faster than some mornings at TE.

The soda and coffee set up down there have always seemed like an afterthought.