There is a travel agent that lives in her 5er in the 400 loop of Fort Wilderness. Her name is Hilda . She knows more about Disney than most Disney agents. She can get you a golf cart. She knows all the angles. She specializes in RV visitors to Disney World. I highly recommend her.

This was copped from another RV message board and I've never heard of this person before.  what do you, the experts know of this Hilda...

Yes, she has been there for a long time. I know of her, but haven't met her personally. There are some in the Fort interwebz groups that really like her, there are some in the Fort interwebz group that really dislike her.

Jason Adams is just as knowledgeable as anyone else, he participates and sponsors Fort Fiends.

Simply, he is THE MAN!!

(Please remove Hilda's phone number from you post, we don't want to be accused of allowing those that troll the interwebz and due harm to have her personal information).

32 minutes ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

(Please remove Hilda's phone number from you post, we don't want to be accused of allowing those that troll the interwebz and due harm to have her personal information).

number removed

I dont plan to use her services, just thought it strange that she is reported to live in the 400 loop.  I tend to book well in advance of trips or if we do a fly down trip we have a family member that has a home in Golden Oaks and we tend to crash there. 

4 minutes ago, Lou... said:

Looks like advertising, and good advertising at that, to me. As long as that's her business phone number, from a business point of view, wouldn't  Hilda approve?

If she wanted to advertise she would. 

She doesn't call attention to herself, and I think this thread should be deleted. 

TCD

10 minutes ago, Lou... said:

Looks like advertising, and good advertising at that, to me. As long as that's her business phone number, from a business point of view, wouldn't  Hilda approve?

I agree Lou   (wow thats twice in one week.....what is happening!?!?  :lol:)

If she wanted her privacy, she'd have an unlisted number and it wouldn't be listed on her posts. (And she probably wouldn't be a TA for that matter...)

Having said that, maybe TCD is correct on this.   I'm not sure of the policy here on FF about adverts, phone numbers, addresses, etc.  Personally I am envious that she makes enough to be able to list the Fort as her address.

I have never used a TA so I don't know this Hilda, but if I did use a TA I would certainly use Jason right here on FF.  B)

Wasn't there a TA who used to live in the 200 loop that decorated to the max every holiday?  Did she have an issue with Disney because she was a TA? Or was it because of the decorations?

Hey TCD,  Really?

Downvotes?

You say you're sorry for doing it, so then why do it at all?

The OP deleted her number, and none of the rest of us posted any of her info. I know for a fact I didn't.

You stated your opinion, fine. I even mentioned that you might be right. 

Do you know this woman or her business personally?  Why this reaction?

I'm in the camp of, if she wants the publicity she'll promote herself.  This isn't just a case of recommending a TA, it's calling attention to the fact that "lives" at the Fort.  There was a lot of hubbub in the past with TAs living at the Fort (not saying specifically Hilda) and I wouldn't think having someone promote this without her knowledge or consent this is something she'd be looking for.  

4 hours ago, Avatab.... Steve said:

Hey TCD,  Really?

Downvotes?

You say you're sorry for doing it, so then why do it at all?

The OP deleted her number, and none of the rest of us posted any of her info. I know for a fact I didn't.

You stated your opinion, fine. I even mentioned that you might be right. 

Do you know this woman or her business personally?  Why this reaction?

I'm trying to get the attention of a moderator. If this site has one. I would be happy to explain why this thread is inappropriate to a moderator. 

TCD 

6 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I'm trying to get the attention of a moderator. If this site has one. I would be happy to explain why this thread is inappropriate to a moderator. 

TCD 

Ok, that explains why you might Downvote the OP.

it doesn't explain why you did that to me and Lou......

*** You apparently know something we don't *** 

I can't speak for Lou, but I know that I don't know the OP, or the TA, or of any rules about TA's living at the Fort.

I also know that I would never do that to you for posting innocent comments or questions.

If you are that bent out of shape about this then either notify Jen directly or take it out on the OP,  not us please.

34 minutes ago, Avatab.... Steve said:

Ok, that explains why you might Downvote the OP.

it doesn't explain why you did that to me and Lou......

*** You apparently know something we don't *** 

I can't speak for Lou, but I know that I don't know the OP, or the TA, or of any rules about TA's living at the Fort.

I also know that I would never do that to you for posting innocent comments or questions.

If you are that bent out of shape about this then either notify Jen directly or take it out on the OP,  not us please.

I'm not bent out of shape. It is extremely insensitive for those of you who don't know this woman to make assumptions about whether it's ok to discuss her life on a public message board. This thread needs to be deleted. 

TCD 

5 hours ago, bdm said:

number removed

I dont plan to use her services, just thought it strange that she is reported to live in the 400 loop.  I tend to book well in advance of trips or if we do a fly down trip we have a family member that has a home in Golden Oaks and we tend to crash there. 

You must be on the Grand Design forum too?  I read that and thought it was interesting...I assume that is the DRV Mobile Suites Rig I see every time I'm there.

36 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I'm not bent out of shape. It is extremely insensitive for those of you who don't know this woman to make assumptions about whether it's ok to discuss her life on a public message board. This thread needs to be deleted. 

TCD 

I've known Hilda for years, especially when she was a CM. I stop by and chat with her every time I see her at the Fort.

I simply made an observation and expressed my opinion and was neither endorsing or condemning the original post. For you to react as you have is little much. I've been off here for a long time and didn't realize that expressing opinions is now subject to approval by other posters. 

I'll go back to where I was, but if any of you see me at WDW, and you will, stop and say hi.

Don't let TCD run you off. Admittedly I haven't read all of his close to 22,000 posts, but of the ones I have read the majority have a negative tone them. I wouldn't take it personally. You said your piece, he expressed his opinion, as is often the case, folks disagree. That's the way it goes sometimes. I'd hate to see a wealth of information like you lost over something this trivial. 

4 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD 

We've been watching all day. If you want to get our attention, you can use the report button, it's much better at getting our attention than downvoting people who aren't us.

As far as this thread is concerned, I don't see the foul, frankly. Once the phone number was removed, I don't think there's anything wrong here. I don't see any bad intent on the part of the original poster, and I'm on record for quite a long time now as being generally against mods deleting posts. If the OP wants to delete, that's his prerogative.

12 minutes ago, AuburnChris said:

We've been watching all day. If you want to get our attention, you can use the report button, it's much better at getting our attention than downvoting people who aren't us.

As far as this thread is concerned, I don't see the foul, frankly. Once the phone number was removed, I don't think there's anything wrong here. I don't see any bad intent on the part of the original poster, and I'm on record for quite a long time now as being generally against mods deleting posts. If the OP wants to delete, that's his prerogative.

Hooray for common sense!

14 hours ago, Lou... said:

I've known Hilda for years, especially when she was a CM. I stop by and chat with her every time I see her at the Fort.

I simply made an observation and expressed my opinion and was neither endorsing or condemning the original post. For you to react as you have is little much. I've been off here for a long time and didn't realize that expressing opinions is now subject to approval by other posters. 

I'll go back to where I was, but if any of you see me at WDW, and you will, stop and say hi.

That was exactly my point Lou. (wait, that's THREE times in a row now that I've agreed with you.... time to play the lottery!)

I like TCD and am always glued to his trip reports, he has a real gift with them,  but I couldn't understand his reaction here. I can only assume he has some sort of personal connection here and knows a lot more about this that the rest of us don't.

Please stick around, I also would hate to lose your perspective.

11 hours ago, WrigleysWagon said:

Hooray for common sense!

Seconded!

Out of curiosity how many of you would like your address and a description of your home out on a public forum? 

Just because she has a business doesn’t mean she has to give up a right to some level of privacy. 

If she had posted this herself it would be one thing but it’s being posted by others and more and more pieces of her info filled in. That’s the o my reason I think this post shouldn’t not be up. 

I know I wouldn’t want my home location shared far and wide on the internet. Is it out there sure but make them work for it. 

26 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

Out of curiosity how many of you would like your address and a description of your home out on a public forum? 

Just because she has a business doesn’t mean she has to give up a right to some level of privacy. 

If she had posted this herself it would be one thing but it’s being posted by others and more and more pieces of her info filled in. That’s the o my reason I think this post shouldn’t not be up. 

I know I wouldn’t want my home location shared far and wide on the internet. Is it out there sure but make them work for it. 

Exactly this and more.  

I removed my down arrows.  I thought that was how we are supposed to summon a moderator. I thought this site had several moderators, and that this would have been dealt with promptly.

As I said, it was nothing personal.  Nobody needs to create drama where no offense was intended.

TCD