I know there have been similar posts on stop over points in the Tifton/Valdosta area, but I was looking for more specific information than what I found on the search. We are looking to stop in this area on the way down in June, specifically at the Wal-Mart, Lowe's or Cracker Barrel in Tifton, or the Home Depot, Mall, Cracker Barrel in Valdosta.  Im looking for anyone with specific places that work well, or to specific places to avoid in this area.  For that matter, what about the area itself?  Is this a fairly decent part of town?  There seems to be a fair amount of suggestions for stopping in this area, which gives a little more confidence that it's not too bad. I can roll with the punches if we get there and need to change plans, but I like having a goal before starting. Thanks. 

Thanks for the heads up.  We're really looking to stop in a parking lot somewhere in that general area to save a buck. (And because we're super classy like that!)  I think at the time we will be stopping, there shouldn't be an issue of taking up too much space or anything. I imagine all of the stores, besides maybe Wal-Mart, will be closed anyway.  I guess my biggest concern is whether or not this a decent part of town to stop. Thanks again!

4 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

The Allstays app shows overnight parking at the Walmart and Cracker Barrel...but we've never stayed at either, so I cannot comment on safety.  Sorry!

I looked around on Allstays yesterday.  Had good info, but I didn't see an android app.  The plan is to stay at Wal-Mart or Lowes in Tifton, top off the tank, then hit the road.  Still open to any thoughts though. Thanks. 

12 hours ago, WrigleysWagon said:

I looked around on Allstays yesterday.  Had good info, but I didn't see an android app.  The plan is to stay at Wal-Mart or Lowes in Tifton, top off the tank, then hit the road.  Still open to any thoughts though. Thanks. 

For us, when I'm looking for overnight parking off Allstays, I look at the comments.  As long as no one mentions any troubles, I typically feel okay about parking... especially if there are other RVs and bright lights.  Not knowing the area, I would choose Walmart over CB as the lighting is probably better. 

If you can make it to Lake City, FL... an easy off/on is Casey Jones RV.  Yes, you'll pay $25 (I think it is) to overnight park however, when we park at CB we typically eat there as well so, it's a wash.   Also, depending when in June, it may be pretty warm and the electric (to run the a/c), might be nice ;)

1 hour ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

If you can make it to Lake City, FL... an easy off/on is Casey Jones RV.  Yes, you'll pay $25 (I think it is) to overnight park however, when we park at CB we typically eat there as well so, it's a wash.   Also, depending when in June, it may be pretty warm and the electric (to run the a/c), might be nice ;)

That's the primary reason I don't stay at Walmart parking lots anymore.  Even if we could do without the cooling of the A/C, I needed the A/C fan running to drown out the noise of the parking lot, delivery trucks during the night, roads, etc.  So I'd run the generator to be able to run the A/C, but then I'd lie awake questioning whether the CO detector was working, even though I added a second one for redundancy.  LOL.  So now I always find a campground right off my route that I've scouted out on rvparkreviews ahead of time, plug in and get some rest.  Then again, y'all might not be as neurotic as me.  :lol:

On 2/20/2018 at 10:08 AM, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Haha... you're talking to the woman, who has four (4) fire extinguishers in her rig :lol:

Same here.  4 extinguishers, 2 CO alarms,  2 smoke and heat alarms, (only one propane alarm though, maybe I should get another?).

Whenever I look at an RV, the first thing I check is the Fire exits. I won't buy one that only has one door, or one that has only small windows in the bedroom (or none!)

I've been to too many fatal house and vehicle fires to not be paranoid about it.....

On 2/20/2018 at 9:57 AM, DaveInTN said:

Even if we could do without the cooling of the A/C, I needed the A/C fan running to drown out the noise of the parking lot, delivery trucks during the night, roads, etc.  

I need a fan running also. I ended up getting one of those 12volt fans for those Wally World nights, and I also got a small sound machine that runs on batteries and will play background sounds like rain, or crickets chirping etc.  The combo of those two works great for me.

I have never seen the need to use just a parking lot. There are plenty of reasonable RV parks along the interstate with nice pull throughs. Pulling in, plugging in the power cord, and off to the shower, is how I prefer to have my overnights.

2 hours ago, Avatab.... Steve said:

Same here.  4 extinguishers, 2 CO alarms,  2 smoke and heat alarms, (only one propane alarm though, maybe I should get another?).

Whenever I look at an RV, the first thing I check is the Fire exits. I won't buy one that only has one door, or one that has only small windows in the bedroom (or none!)

I've been to too many fatal house and vehicle fires to not be paranoid about it.....

Yes.  I added a second smoke detector in our unit.  Scares the crud out of the dog when it goes off (happens when I cook something smoky in the oven)..but, at least I know it works :P

On 2/25/2018 at 1:24 PM, Avatab.... Steve said:

I need a fan running also. I ended up getting one of those 12volt fans for those Wally World nights, and I also got a small sound machine that runs on batteries and will play background sounds like rain, or crickets chirping etc.  The combo of those two works great for me.

With what all ya'll are doing, I'm wondering....... Should I add more protectors..... (Although I can touch all windows, doors of my unit just standing in one spot) :ROFLMAO-1:

(I do actually have a 2nd fire extinguisher in my kitchen which is outside.)

1 hour ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

With what all ya'll are doing, I'm wondering....... Should I add more protectors..... (Although I can touch all windows, doors of my unit just standing in one spot) :ROFLMAO-1:

(I do actually have a 2nd fire extinguisher in my kitchen which is outside.)

in the time it would take you to grab the extinguisher you could be outside warming up the truck to head into town to find a hotel.