Still unprecedented long waits for Flight of Passage

Lines not getting shorter, and I can vouch for that. Fri right after AK opened the line was all the way back to where you turn off the main walkway.

From Orlando Sentinel:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/os-flight-passage-disney-animal-kingdom-lines-20180217-story.html

We ended up not going on it when we were there. By the time I got my FP notice it was already fully booked. The day we went to AK they had early extra magic hours and by the time we got to Flight of Passage around 8:15 the wait was already over 2.5 hours. An hour later it was up to 3.5 hours and seemed to stay around three hours most of the day. There is no way I will waste that much of our limited vacation time standing in a slow moving line. I am glad the ride is such a success but it would have been nice if they had built more seats. Hopefully Disney will learn something from this for Galaxy's Edge.

9 minutes ago, keith_h said:

Hopefully Disney will learn something from this for Galaxy's Edge.

I'm surprised they haven't learned how to market to the captive audience with food, beverage and merchandise sales to people standing in 3 hour lines.  Kind of like the grocery store checkout line, only instead of People magazines and gum, they could sell beer, churros, Mickey bars and Minnie Mouse sweatshirts.  

47 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

I'm surprised they haven't learned how to market to the captive audience with food, beverage and merchandise sales to people standing in 3 hour lines.  Kind of like the grocery store checkout line, only instead of People magazines and gum, they could sell beer, churros, Mickey bars and Minnie Mouse sweatshirts.  

They don't want you spending all of your money before you get to the ride exit gift shop. I mean one churro too many and you won't have enough for the  robotic Banshee toy.

1 hour ago, keith_h said:

They don't want you spending all of your money before you get to the ride exit gift shop. I mean one churro too many and you won't have enough for the  robotic Banshee toy.

But in my experience I spend more money at Disney if I've got a couple of beers in me.  Then again, 2 or 3 drinks before the banshee ride might not end well. 

:vomit:

41 minutes ago, Travisma said:

We were there Saturday evening.  Somehow my daughter got 2 FP on Thursday for Saturday. We walked around while they rode.  Pandora was a packed zoo.  And the gift shop was worse.  

I think they made the area too small. The area could really use some space where visitors could spread out and have a little elbow room. We particularly enjoyed the area after dark when everything was lit up but it was hard to meander without bumping into people.

1 hour ago, DaveInTN said:

But in my experience I spend more money at Disney if I've got a couple of beers in me.  Then again, 2 or 3 drinks before the banshee ride might not end well. 

:vomit:

Particularly for those around you. 

When we were there in September the lines were long but the area was not crowded at all. Plenty of room every where.

I think the lines will always be long due to the design of the ride. Even with a FP it took around 45 minutes which is to long.

6 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

I'd be down for a margarita or 4 while in line. 

On the morning of Thursday Feb 15th, my wife drove up Sherberth to Osceola Parkway around 10AM.  The line of traffic to even park at Animal Kingdom stretched past World Drive.  I checked the app and the wait time for Flight of Passage was 4 hours.  That's insane.

31 minutes ago, djsamuel said:

On the morning of Thursday Feb 15th, my wife drove up Sherberth to Osceola Parkway around 10AM.  The line of traffic to even park at Animal Kingdom stretched past World Drive.  I checked the app and the wait time for Flight of Passage was 4 hours.  That's insane.

Can you imagine the traffic and wait times, when Spring Breaks start?

We got to AK around 4:30 this past Saturday, and were parked in Yeti 57.  The rows stop at 59 or 60.

8 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

We have yet to go on thev ride...not even on our list for this year.

I've read comments on it causing some serious motion sickness in some, so that pushed it off for me.

Star tours bothers my wife pretty bad , but she loved  flight of passage no problems at all.

8 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

We have yet to go on thev ride...not even on our list for this year.

I've read comments on it causing some serious motion sickness in some, so that pushed it off for me.

It can be intense for some people.  We had a friend with us our last trip and I told her just to close her eyes for a moment if she starts to feel ill.  After the ride she said she loved it and only had to close her eyes twice.   I must admit that I too had to close my eyes for a second on FoP. 

11 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

It’s basically Soarin on steroids. Lol. 

See...we like Soarin and even though I can be (very) claustrophobic, I handled Mars okay (I'll never do it again though ?).  On Mars, I remember freaking out because it tells you to NOT close your eyes (because it makes things worse??).

12 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

Star tours bothers my wife pretty bad , but she loved  flight of passage no problems at all.

I need too see if the ride is on YouTube.  I know nothing about the story line.  Went on Harry Potter several years back and did not like it at all as 1) it jerked my neck and 2) I found the story line a bit freaky.  Not my thing.

3 minutes ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

Haven't been to AK since Pandora opened. I really want to like AK but it's just not one of my favorites. 

AK was always my least favorite of the four parks. But with the addition of Pandora and all the night time stuff it moved up to number 3 on my list. 

HS is now last on my list.  As a matter of fact, DW, DD, and I were discussing our up coming May/June trip and since we will be spending two days at US we talked about skipping HS and either staying st the resort that day or going to DS.  

I really hope once they open up Toy Story and Star Wars land it will be one of my favorite parks again. It used to second on my list. . Especially at Christmas with the Osborne family lights.  And the Back Stage Bar. Lol.