Date Of The First Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Of 2018 May Be Known... article writers speculation only...

Last year, the dates weren’t released and tickets didn’t go on sale for MNSSHP until May 10. Late April or early May is the typical time that all of the dates are confirmed for both those fall parties and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Parties during the late holiday season.

Disney loves to give guests some extra time to attend a party as they know not everyone has a break and can visit right around the holidays. In 2017, the first Halloween parties were Aug. 25 and 27, and by the looks of things, Magic Kingdom will have its first party even earlier in 2018.

The park hours are updated right around the 180-day mark on the official website of Walt Disney World, and most recently, one date stood out. By looking at the park hours for Magic Kingdom on Aug. 17, 2018, the park is closing suspiciously early at 6 p.m.

First, all of the surrounding dates have Magic Kingdom closing at 10 p.m. and no night before Aug. 17 closes earlier. Another clue is that there are morning Extra Magic Hours on that day and yes, there are others throughout the month, but some changes in 2017 make that significant.

Of course, there is the possibility that this may not be the first night of MNSSHP. Disney may have simply made the hours earlier that night or there could be a private event or they may even change the park hours by that time.

Nothing is confirmed or set in stone until Disney officially releases the party dates.

4 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I doubt they'd start MNSSHP that early in August, and on a Saturday night. More likely guesses are a special event for an outside group, or a party for Castmembers. 

TCD 

Probably right, the writer was just spitballing. 

Must be nice to have that much free time to look for trivial things like that.

• 2 weeks later...

Still not official from Disney, but Chip and Company is saying the same thing, the first MNSSHP will be 8/17.

The projected dates for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party in August are:

• Friday, August 17
  • Tuesday, August 21
  • Friday, August 24
  • Tuesday, August 28
  • Friday, August 31

Maybe the two writers know each other...

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

Maybe the two writers know each other...

These days all it takes is one person to put something out there, and before you know it it's everywhere - sometimes word for word.

Halloween parties in August sounds crazypants to me.  I've gone twice in costume - both times to the very last party on Nov 1.  Both times I factored in that it would be hot and tried to finagle as cool as cool a costume as possible.  Both times I melted.  Costume in August???  Unless I'm going as a Puddle or the World's Sweatiest Person, nope--ity nope nope.

• 5 months later...