The Speedway by the Car Care Center leaving MK has been closed for renovation.

The article says the Car Care Center is closed also, but when we rode by Sunday it looked like the garage is still open.

But then again with the detours and drivers acting like the old Disney racetrack was still open, it was hard to see clearly if it was closed.

New Disney World gas station will feature frozen yogurt, made-to-order pizzas and 'health hot dogs'

Disney World is about to get a bit cheaper to eat at thanks to a gas station. 

The Magic Kingdom Car Care Center has closed for an extended refurbishment. When it reopens, the Speedway gas station there will feature a brand-new gas station, and with it plenty of new amenities. 

The gas station will feature a Speedy Café with indoor and outdoor seating. Similar to Wawa, the Speedway fast-casual restaurants have touch-screen self-serve kiosks. The made to order menu includes pizzas, paninis, subs, breadsticks, and coffee shop-style drinks. A frozen yogurt section similar to ones found at Racetrac gas stations are also featured in the stores. Healthier food than what is typically found at gas stations is the primary focus, including what Speedway says is “health hotdogs.” The stores also typically have a larger beer and wine selection than normal Speedway stores. 

As vehicles become more fuel-efficient, gas stations have shifted from focusing on gas sales to other sales, such as fresh food and groceries. 
Speedway began rolling out the Speedy Café stores in 2016. The stores have slowly been popping up across the nation, starting in Michigan, since then. Currently, Florida only has one other Speedy Café, in Ocoee. The next closest stores are located in Atlanta and South Carolina.

Similar gas stations have cost upwards of $1.5 million to transition from a traditional Speedway to the one with the Speedy Café model. The roadway near the gas station will also see a new traffic pattern related to the refurbishment. No reopening date for the Magic Kingdom Car Care Center has been announced. 

10 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

This creates a problem as they were the only fuel station selling diesel that I am aware of.

There's a new station on Reams Rd that is fairly close. Go past the CR, through the backstage area, turn right onto Reams and the station is immediately on the left.

3 hours ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

There's a new station on Reams Rd that is fairly close. Go past the CR, through the backstage area, turn right onto Reams and the station is immediately on the left.

I have always used the SHELL station on the corner of Winter Garden & South Apopka. I think it is ~6 miles from the Fort out the back way. But, I am also unhooked and go fill up the night before departure. Plus  you can turn right and circle back on East Buena Vista to the Fort. Two right turns in Orlando traffic is a plus in my book!

13 hours ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

9 hours ago, TN22.....Brady said:

I have always used the SHELL station on the corner of Winter Garden & South Apopka. I think it is ~6 miles from the Fort out the back way. But, I am also unhooked and go fill up the night before departure. Plus  you can turn right and circle back on East Buena Vista to the Fort. Two right turns in Orlando traffic is a plus in my book!

I can't find either one on Google Maps do you have a link?