Hi guys, i am new around here. My family has been staying at FW during our disney trips for the past 20 yrs. at this point we wont book any other resort.  I was very excited to learn about this community from The Disney Tourist Blog. I signed up for the forum as soon I i found out. 

This  must have been asked b4 but i was unable to find an answer.

If you are booked in a cabin can you access the shower houses in the campgrounds?

On our next trip we will be checking out friday morning but going to MK all day. I want to know if we can freshen up b4 we leave that last day.

34 minutes ago, SooSoNew said:

Hi guys, i am new around here. My family has been staying at FW during our disney trips for the past 20 yrs. at this point we wont book any other resort.  I was very excited to learn about this community from The Disney Tourist Blog. I signed up for the forum as soon I i found out. 

If you are booked in a cabin can you access the shower houses in the campgrounds?

On our next trip we will be checking out friday morning but going to MK all day. I want to know if we can freshen up b4 we leave that last day.

Since TCD already answered your question I’m just chiming in to say hello and welcome and invite you to jump in with both feet. 

Ask questions, answer questions, read along and just have fun. 

53 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

As with any Disney resort, you are considered a guest of the Fort, and are welcome to use its amenities through 11:59 pm on the day you check out. So, if you want to use a comfort station shower, you're welcome to. Don't forget that you'll need to bring your own towel and toiletries.

TCD 

And Magic Band.

Welcome!!

What they said, but I'll add that the Comfort Stations at Disney have some of the cleanest and nicest campground showers around.

6 minutes ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Welcome-6.gif

Only between midnight and 6 AM

I've gotten in the habit of bringing mine all the time to be safe.  Ditto with the laundry room which (at least in the 300 loop) is randomly locked during the day sometimes. And sometimes not...  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

1 hour ago, SooSoNew said:

47 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Since TCD already answered your question I’m just chiming in to say hello and welcome and invite you to jump in with both feet. 

Ask questions, answer questions, read along and just have fun. 

Welcome! As Ray said feel free to jump in with both feet. Here is a great thread to get you started.

54 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Welcome!!

What they said, but I'll add that the Comfort Stations at Disney have some of the cleanest and nicest campground showers around.

I've gotten in the habit of bringing mine all the time to be safe.  Ditto with the laundry room which (at least in the 300 loop) is randomly locked during the day sometimes. And sometimes not...  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Laundry is “supposed” to be locked all the time needing a band. They are locked at the hotels as well. 

3 hours ago, SooSoNew said:

Thanks for al of the welcomes.

which cabin loop is the closet to the boat docs?

3 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

None really, but there are 2 bus routes that serve the cabins, Purple and Orange, with Purple being the most direct to the Settlement.

Are there not cabins in the 100 loop?

i know it’s not a cabin loop. But IIRC there are cabins there and that would make those cabins extremely close to the marina.  I think I also remember someone requesting a cabin in the 100 loop and getting.   Please correct me if I’m wrong. It’s been a few years since I’ve been in the 100 loop

26 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Are there not cabins in the 100 loop?

i know it’s not a cabin loop. But IIRC there are cabins there and that would make those cabins extremely close to the marina.  I think I also remember someone requesting a cabin in the 100 loop and getting.   Please correct me if I’m wrong. It’s been a few years since I’ve been in the 100 loop

You are correct, never hurts to ask.

11 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

IIRC. The cabin loops are 2200-2800. Correct?

is there any other cabins outside those loops like the cabins in the 100 loop?

i don’t remember any.   

Back in the dark ages of the Fort, before the cabin loops, they had some "cabins" (rental trailers) scattered in different loops.  Not nearly as nice as the present cabins.

8 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Back in the dark ages of the Fort, before the cabin loops, they had some "cabins" (rental trailers) scattered in different loops.  Not nearly as nice as the present cabins.

They did have rental trailers, but they were never scattered around the camping loops. The 500 loop was at one time named Terry Trail, and had Terry travel trailers on it. There were rental trailers on the 2100 loop before it became a Wilderness Home then a cabin loop. 

TCD 

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

They did have rental trailers, but they were never scattered around the camping loops. The 500 loop was at one time named Terry Trail, and had Terry travel trailers on it. There were rental trailers on the 2100 loop before it became a Wilderness Home then a cabin loop. 

TCD 

Hmm, we rented a trailer from the Fort, and I thought it was the only one in the loop?  But that was a long time ago, so memories fade.