School Me on Premium Sites

Hitting the Fort next month and will be in a premium for the first time.  We liked the 100 and 200 for proximity to the Marina and liked the shade but hated the dirty sand on the narrow sites.   New rig is 35 foot and I have a crew cab 8 foot truck.  Where should I request? Off to look at maps and the site app now. 

• 3 weeks later...

Stayed 2 weeks in October 2017 in the 400 loop.  Dont remember the site number but it was on the inside of the loop.  If memory servers me right it was the last site on the inside before coming to the entrance / exit.

It was a great stay for us.  Close enough to the Marina to easily walk.  We would have to put the 3yr in his stroller to go to the pool.

5 hours ago, bdm said:

Stayed 2 weeks in October 2017 in the 400 loop.  Dont remember the site number but it was on the inside of the loop.  If memory servers me right it was the last site on the inside before coming to the entrance / exit.

It was a great stay for us.  Close enough to the Marina to easily walk.  We would have to put the 3yr in his stroller to go to the pool.

431?

• 2 weeks later...

Back from the trip and enjoyed our stay. The 400 loop was a good one and I liked being close to the marina and dog park and it's still a nice bike ride to the wilderness pool that we like. I really enjoyed the premium site and not having the uneven ankle sprain railroad ties in the ground and didn't miss the coquina getting everywhere and on everything.

We stayed in site 408, it was assigned, even though I requested others. I was loving the size of it, very wide, really deep and all of the connections were in the center on the concrete log, perfect for the new camper.

The only issue with this site wasn't apparent until after we set up (not a basketball hoop thank God) and that is the fact it backs up to the main road, Fort Wilderness Trail, near the stop sign, with little cover to the sidewalk. Luckily everyone that went by wasn't too nosy, and I made sure to lock everything up every night. For that reason I wouldn't recommend this site to anyone, but we did get used to it as the week went on. It would be nice if they could plant a few shrubs at the back, but I'm sure that would never happen.

One thing I did add to my request was to ask for a site that was on the outside of the loop to keep traffic from facing your awning. I don't know why I never asked for that before but I think I will always in the future.

All in all I think we will try 700 next time to switch it up a bit. 1164d7b7ae3e65e14212284cf785f28a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

52 minutes ago, PGHFiend said:

We stayed in site 408, it was assigned, even though I requested others. I was loving the size of it, very wide, really deep and all of the connections were in the center on the concrete log, perfect for the new camper.

The only issue with this site wasn't apparent until after we set up (not a basketball hoop thank God) and that is the fact it backs up to the main road, Fort Wilderness Trail, near the stop sign, with little cover to the sidewalk. Luckily everyone that went by wasn't too nosy, and I made sure to lock everything up every night. For that reason I wouldn't recommend this site to anyone, but we did get used to it as the week went on. It would be nice if they could plant a few shrubs at the back, but I'm sure that would never happen.

Now for us, we enjoyed 406 and the fact you could get right on the sidewalk. Actually it was the site we were on when we met TCD for the first time. Never had any issues with people when we were on that site.....  To each his own, as the saying goes.

Now for us, we enjoyed 406 and the fact you could get right on the sidewalk. Actually it was the site we were on when we met TCD for the first time. Never had any issues with people when we were on that site.....  To each his own, as the saying goes.
406 has much better screening from the road/sidewalk. We did like the sidewalk right there, but my outdoor kitchen was only 5 feet from it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, PGHFiend said:

406 has much better screening from the road/sidewalk. We did like the sidewalk right there, but my outdoor kitchen was only 5 feet from it.

They must have planted more. Last time we used 406 Grandma could ride her ECV right out to the sidewalk.

• 6 months later...

Another Pittsburgh’er here, we stayed in the 1400 loop, but had a golf cart. We had the last or next to last spot on the outer loop. We loved the spot. Quiet and a 1 min walk to comfort station. I may ask again in 2 weeks but this time we are renting a car and not a cart, wanna be close to marina for boat to MK. Driving everywhere else. 

I used to be a full hookup guy but last year my buddy Andy the CM reserved a premium for us.  Now FWGirl won’t stay anywhere else.  We liked the 500 loop.  Had plenty of room for the dogs and was far enough away from the road for our golden retriever who has anxiety issues.

5 hours ago, ftwildernessguy said:

I used to be a full hookup guy but last year my buddy Andy the CM reserved a premium for us.  Now FWGirl won’t stay anywhere else.  We liked the 500 loop.  Had plenty of room for the dogs and was far enough away from the road for our golden retriever who has anxiety issues.

We lucked into a free upgrade to 500 a few years ago and really liked it. And it really was hard to go back to Preferred after that.  But we love the 300 loop for lots of reasons, and the longer the stay the longer that extra $5/$10 per night adds up.