Pinocchio Village Haus In Magic Kingdom To Soon Start Table-Service Buffet For Dinner

Wow, the menu sounds great and a fantastic price!

I hope that it really happens, and it would be nice if they only offered it to walkups!

Magic Kingdom could soon get another table-service meal to help break down the late-night crowds.

There has been a lot of uproar lately with the fact that Be Our Guest restaurant in Magic Kingdom is changing to a two-credit table-service meal for dinner, but there will be other options. Many have stated that they may not dine there as often with it needing two credits and the new menu, but Disney is trying to appease those who are upset. A new table-service dinner buffet will begin later this year at Walt Disney World, and it will take place inside Pinocchio Village Haus.

With the changes coming to Be Our Guest in the mid-summer, some guests have already said that they weren’t thrilled with the new dinner menu. Others believe it looks great and can’t wait to try it out, but what about those who want something a bit simpler?

According to WDWNT, a new dinner-style buffet is going to start later this year at Pinocchio Village Haus, and it will give guests another late-day dining option. The restaurant will continue to be quick-service during the daytime operating hours but change over for dinner.

This is the same practice that Be Our Guest uses, as it is quick service for breakfast and lunch before becoming a table service for dinner.

The new dinner will be a buffet-style meal called Geppetto’s Village Haus Buffet, and it will be priced at $22 for each adult and $12 for each child. With those kinds of prices, it isn’t likely that Geppetto, Pinocchio, or Jiminy Cricket will be walking around to make it a character meal.

The new dinner buffet will have Italian offerings such as chicken parmesan, flatbread pizzas, meatballs, pasta dishes, salads, baked ziti, breadsticks, and pasta alfredo. There will also be desserts such as Italian cakes and cannolis, according to some Fantasyland cast members.

Pinocchio Village Haus is usually open at 11 a.m. each day and serves flatbread pizzas and some pasta dishes during the day. It is not yet known what time it would transfer over to dinner service for the new buffet once it begins, but typical time for other Walt Disney World restaurants is around 4 p.m.

The exact start date for Geppetto’s Village Haus Buffet is not yet known, but reservations are expected to open soon. Until Disney officially announces it, though, anything is possible to change including the food options or even the idea of the new table-service dinner buffet entirely. Magic Kingdom honestly needed a few more table-service options and transforming Pinocchio Village Haus into one for dinner works perfectly.

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Very interesting. 

I don't think there is a dinner buffet in any of the parks that doesn't include characters or other entertainment. 

The price seems out of line with what is charged at other dinner buffets. 

So, I'm not believing the pricing part of this rumor. 

TCD 

Maybe they left off a 0?  Should be $220. :lol:

I thought it was awful cheap also.  Maybe more like $42?

1 hour ago, DaveInTN said:

I don't believe that price either.  That's significantly less than even Trails End's dinner buffet.  I think you'd even be hard pressed to find a place offsite where you could stuff your face with Italian food for $22.  No way that happens inside the MK.   

That was my thought as well...

I don't believe that price either.  That's significantly less than even Trails End's dinner buffet.  I think you'd even be hard pressed to find a place offsite where you could stuff your face with Italian food for $22.  No way that happens inside the MK.   

Well that's why I put it in the rumor section. :ROFLMAO-1:

21 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Well that's why I put it in the rumor section. :ROFLMAO-1:

If you really want to have some fun, put it in the Debate section and we can argue over why a restaurant themed to a movie based on an Italian story has a German name.  And now apparently will feature an Italian buffet.  Maybe they should rename it the Pinocchio Village Casa.  

3 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

If you really want to have some fun, put it in the Debate section and we can argue over why a restaurant themed to a movie based on an Italian story has a German name.  And now apparently will feature an Italian buffet.  Maybe they should rename it the Pinocchio Village Casa.  

What do you mean? There’s nothing to debate. Pinocchio’s hat says it all.

4 hours ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

I believe the price...... If it's the mass produced, frozen stuff. I've had their flatbread. It wasn't bad but definitely not high dollar food. I actually liked eating there.  I'd probably pay that for a buffet

I agree, I am not big on buffets but for that price I would do it.

If the price is correct I would assume they are keeping the same food that they serve during the day and not improving the quality.  I also wonder if they'll keep paper plates and cups?  It could be a new type of cheap buffet they are trying.  Think about it, if they put a drink station where you get your own drinks there would be no reason for servers, that would save them some money.  Pay at the counter, get your cup and that's it.  We have a pizza buffet here in town that works like that for lunch and it's great, you don't feel judged for the pile of plates on the table, lol.

WBI

1 hour ago, WannaBeImagineer said:

If the price is correct I would assume they are keeping the same food that they serve during the day and not improving the quality.  I also wonder if they'll keep paper plates and cups?  It could be a new type of cheap buffet they are trying.  Think about it, if they put a drink station where you get your own drinks there would be no reason for servers, that would save them some money.  Pay at the counter, get your cup and that's it.  We have a pizza buffet here in town that works like that for lunch and it's great, you don't feel judged for the pile of plates on the table, lol.

WBI

Ci Ci's?

WBI

The pizza/pasta buffet at Legoland  is like this, and I think that's the closest they have to a table service restaurant.

19 minutes ago, slices said:

The pizza/pasta buffet at Legoland  is like this, and I think that's the closest they have to a table service restaurant.

Yes, I think everyplace else is counter service. Well the buffet is also, but they do come around and clear off the empty plates!  

But I don't think their buffet has seperate meat dishes, mostly pizza and pasta, and maybe salad?  It's been a while since we ate there.

WBI

If they did open a cheap buffet, it would be wildly popular, and Disney would still make a mint from not having to pay all those college kids in costumes they have at the other in-park buffets. 

But, something like this would be a major departure from the direction things have taken since the introduction of the DDP. Ever since that came along, all of the restaurants have had very similar offerings in terms of food quality and serving sizes. They don't want their DDP guests to ever feel short changed. DDP guests would be upset about having to use a meal credit at a cheap buffet like this. 

TCD 

Perhaps Disney has finally seen the error of their ways, and is about to eliminate the DDP, roll back pricing to a reasonable out of pocket level, and work to improve the quality and variety of their food across all resort restaurants?  

Sorry, I can't even keep a straight face while typing this.  

Where is that cinnamon roll picture when I need it?  

25 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

If they did open a cheap buffet, it would be wildly popular, and Disney would still make a mint from not having to pay all those college kids in costumes they have at the other in-park buffets. 

But, something like this would be a major departure from the direction things have taken since the introduction of the DDP. Ever since that came along, all of the restaurants have had very similar offerings in terms of food quality and serving sizes. They don't want their DDP guests to ever feel short changed. DDP guests would be upset about having to use a meal credit at a cheap buffet like this. 

TCD 

But what if its not a Table Service credit, it could be a Counter Service if there's no waiter and you do everything yourself.

WBI

23 minutes ago, WannaBeImagineer said:

But what if its not a Table Service credit, it could be a Counter Service if there's no waiter and you do everything yourself.

WBI

I can't imagine Disney being that generous. They're not going to let guests have all they can eat for the price of a quick serve credit. 

But, I can envision a tweak to the DDP to possibly create some new dining category that costs somewhere between the quick serve and full serve.  

TCD 

Perhaps Disney has finally seen the error of their ways, and is about to eliminate the DDP, roll back pricing to a reasonable out of pocket level, and work to improve the quality and variety of their food across all resort restaurants?  

How about they don't use DDC, and don't accept reservations, walk up only.  Just like the good old days!

Image result for cinnamon roll pictures

Yes, I think everyplace else is counter service. Well the buffet is also, but they do come around and clear off the empty plates!  
But I don't think their buffet has seperate meat dishes, mostly pizza and pasta, and maybe salad?  It's been a while since we ate there.

Yep Pizza, Pasta and a salad bar that seems to be mostly pizza toppings. I was surprised that the restaurants were a lot more limited than at Legoland Windsor.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, slices said:

Yep Pizza, Pasta and a salad bar that seems to be mostly pizza toppings. I was surprised that the restaurants were a lot more limited than at Legoland Windsor.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

We ate a couple times at the food court type of place across from the big store near the front entrance.  Even that was kind of limited.  We also ate once at the water park, food was good but it was Disney style crowded and we had burgers back near the boat ride.

8 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

When I started reading this I thought Dave was losing it then I saw he came to his senses