I don't think its a scam.  We have been at WDW during Dapper Day, and it is a lot of fun to see how people dress and act.  (Think of your grandparents going to parks as young adults).  I don't know how to contact them to find out the dates, but have been told that the hat store in Disney Springs has some info on this.  Can't offer any advice on singing, have not seen or heard any of the Dappers singing while we were there.  Could someone be confusing the Dappers (the dress-up group) with the Dapper Dans the singing group?  They are not the same groups.

11 hours ago, DinDavie said:

I've been told I will be participating in Dapper Dan Days at the MK or Epcot.  Does anyone know what this is like when and is a costume required?  I think I'm being scammed and don't want to be the only one in a striped vest and Boater hat.  PS, I can't sing either.

Who told you that you will be participating in Dapper Dan Days?

They seem like they are having a good time and some of the outfits are over the top.

But I feel really bad for them and how hot they must be in those outfits. 

I'm standing there in shorts and a t shirt melting away while they are in multilayer dresses and suits!

And they seem a lot politer than the hoards of chanting Brazilians!

21 hours ago, Travisma said:

But I feel really bad for them and how hot they must be in those outfits. 

I'm standing there in shorts and a t shirt melting away while they are in multilayer dresses and suits!

Seriously and heels?!? My feet are dead in sneakers and they wear heals?!?

i love looking at the pictures from it and there is no shortage on Instagram when they happen. 

Thanks for all the reply's.  The website was very instructive.  I have a hat and t-shirt that says "remain calm and be Dapper."   As for who told me I was going, that would be DW and DD.  I have a very important task of pushing the baby buggy around with the grandson in it.  I am much relieved that I will not have to sing.