I don’t know if it’s been reported here but a new baby hippo was born at AK. 

Story from https://m.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2018/02/22/disney-introduces-new-burly-boy-hippo

Disney introduces new burly boy hippo

by Gunnar Shuler

PHOTO VIA DISNEY
  • photo via Disney
Disney just announced the name and gender of their new baby hippo at Animal Kingdom, and it's a burly boy named Augustus. 
When you think of the name Augustus, you may think of a pudgy kid from Willy Wonka fell into the chocolate river. However, in terms of the new addition to Animal Kingdom, it's a 168-pound hippo.  

Augustus is said to have a playful personality and has spent the last monthbonding with his mom, Luma.

The Nile hippopotamus is the first hippo to be born at the park in 13 years, according to Dr. Scott Terrell, director of animal and science operations.

The Nile hippopotamus is considered a vulnerable species with a declining population, which makes this a birth a pretty big deal.

I feel guilty for not reporting sooner.  We were incredibly lucky to see this little darling the morning he was born.  He was visible on the Safari, along with a whole ton of cast members that were observing Mommy and Baby.  According to our driver, they had been with the mother for over 24 hours.  The driver was explaining that the baby had been born as we were rounding the bend and the little guy lifted his head up out of the water.  It was a breathtaking moment!!

Also, the tiger cubs are now out for viewing on the Maharajah Trail.  They weren't out much when we were there because the temperature was too cold.

On 3/1/2018 at 3:44 PM, kadancer said:

I feel guilty for not reporting sooner.  We were incredibly lucky to see this little darling the morning he was born.  He was visible on the Safari, along with a whole ton of cast members that were observing Mommy and Baby.  According to our driver, they had been with the mother for over 24 hours.  The driver was explaining that the baby had been born as we were rounding the bend and the little guy lifted his head up out of the water.  It was a breathtaking moment!!

Also, the tiger cubs are now out for viewing on the Maharajah Trail.  They weren't out much when we were there because the temperature was too cold.

Really looking forward to seeing the new hippo and tiger cubs!  

We were there once shortly after a baby gorilla was born.  I could have watched her playing (and driving the other gorillas bonkers)  all day.